• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will you still be interested in a RWC final without the Men in Gold (or your team)?

Would you watch the Final if <your team> was NOT in the RWC Final?

• Feck Yeah, Rugby is the winner and I love it.

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Yes, but only for academic interest.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Meh. Maybe, if I don't get a better offer.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • What Rugby World Cup?

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If the Wallabies lose on Sunday, I would still be interested in the final. Will the ABs get the monkey off their back or will a new team be etched on Bill? I would opt for the latter for the good of international rugby.

Here's hoping we don't need to cross that bridge and the Wallabies make it to the final!

Bill = RWC? Been wondering for a while

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
If Australia get knocked out I can make an arguement for supporting any of the teams:

Wales, their first RWC, how awesome would it be for them to win in their first go & they have been IMO the best team this RWC coming from the toughest Pool. Being of celtic stock (albeit Irish) I have to say I'd love for a celtic nation, any celtic nation to get a RWC win.

France, they have been IMO the most unlucky team not to have their name on the trophy, so close a few times, would be a great story from them if they could string together a great run & take out the cup, would be a great come back story for the coach & the players.

New Zealand, If NZ dont go all the way the nation may well be on prozac for generations to come. I'm not cold enough to wish that on any nation so I'd be happy to see the AB's win, if not for the nations psychological health then surely for Dan Carter.

So anyway it goes I wont be going against anyone if we dont make it.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
If we lose I predict I will be on at least a week long bender drowning my sorrows, so depends if I am sober and know what day it is. Not sure who I would prefer to win. I know less French people so probably them. If it is Wales v AB I think Wales.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Follow on Question: Will you watch the Bronze Medal Playoff?

Well it has now happened for us and the starting question is now no longer hypothetical. The Men in Gold are playing on Friday not Sunday.

Will you be watching Friday's game?

Has anyone revised their view on watching Sunday's game?

The Jarses will be front and centre for both.

M

max11247

I will probably watch it. I could be negative and say that I won't enjoy it...but I will try and keep an open mind.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'll be watching the 3rd/4th place play off on Friday. I was hoping that would be the final. Some people might say it's a nothing game but anyone who does watch it will probably change their mind after the first few hits go in and they realise the players aren't treating it as a nothing game.

As for the final I have mixed feeling on that one. Up until the last RWC I'd always like France as a team, but then the experience of being over there for the 2007 RWC really changed that view. The treatment we received for many of the locals was appauling and really turned me off supporting France. NZ knocked out my favourite SH team so I don't know who I'll be shouting for. I'll probably start as a neutral but I'll know as soon as the first points as scored who I'll be cheering for if not before then.

Either way I hope both are good games and are close until the end. I think going by the quality of rugby the Frech have playered all through the WC (except 1st 20 mins v Eng) they deserve a 40+ point battering, but I hope that doesn't happen.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
When HJ first put this thread out there I was one of those who responded with a "fuck yeah - rugby is the winner" but in light of our loss last weekend, I will most likely only watch the play-off match and I will not be watching the final. I am still hurting and bitterly disappointed about it all and have had a hard time reading the news and contributing to GAGR this week. It was a long tournament and I was totally immersed in all the action and media coverage but I think I may have OD'd of rugby if there is that sort of thing. I am really hoping the boys can put a solid performance out there against Wales - the type of performance I have been hoping to see from them all tournament that way never delivered aka - Brisbane Bledisloe type performance - guts, commitment, accuracy and a little razzle dazzle. It is probably a bit lame of me to not watch the final but as we were urged ealier, I will be abstaining (from watching) the All Blacks. I hope they win as they are the deserving team of the tournament but the fact is it will cost me $24.95 on PPV to watch the final and I just have problem paying that much to watch a game that doesn't involve "my team"

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I'm expecting the games this weekend to be the best in the tournament.

Oz v Wales should be a running rugby fest with two very talented team allowed to have a go without the pressure of the final.

France v Darkness will be a chance for the All Blacks to exorcise quite a few demons, they are always awesome to watch - and I bet they are quietly shitting themselves about France.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Will definitely be watching both.

Can't see why Wallabies wouldn't want to watch their team try to finish the tournament on a high note.

W

WhoDaresWin

Can't see why Wallabies wouldn't want to watch their team try to finish the tournament on a high note.

It's because most are still reeling from the effects of falling off that very high chair after the QFs.... after all the talk (from players especially) before the SF, none of them turned up to walk the talk.

Trust me, we've gone through this feeling quite a lot more than anyone...especially in 99.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Will deinatley be watching the Fri game. Should be a cracker - Sharpies ton and BB at 12 will be interesting.

The Sun game - not so sure, can't see it being that good!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cost me a hundred quid to break my flight back home from Oz in Honkers by catching an earlier flight so I could watch my beloved Wallabies win...so much for my faith in them!

Will be definitely watching the games this weekend though...

Status
Not open for further replies.