• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blob

ABs were superb but I was disappointed in the performance of Elsom, Horwill and Vickerman. ABs ran it right up in there and I just felt these lads didn't front up. Perhaps last week's performance against the Boks took a lot out of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
replay has just started on Fox3. QC (Quade Cooper) has just put it into touch from the kickoff again, It was not a dream.

Clearly he has not been having his rice with his dinner.

W

waves

I personally think we missed AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13.

He runs a great line and defended well with McCabe last week, Our midfield in attack was very defensive and our running lines of set piece was straight needed more variety.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ABs were superb but I was disappointed in the performance of Elsom, Horwill and Vickerman. ABs ran it right up in there and I just felt these lads didn't front up. Perhaps last week's performance against the Boks took a lot out of them.

I've defended Elsom all year, but that was poor..

However, I wouldn't have expected better from Higginbotham...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beaten by a better team.

In the most simple terms, so correct.

Guess I need to start looking for a new Avatar.

Monkeys were removed from the Darknesses back tonight.

Can the Chinese dye those 4 million pre-ordered Black chokers Red?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
replay has just started on Fox3. QC (Quade Cooper) has just put it into touch from the kickoff again, It was not a dream.

And you'll wake up with Sonny and Cher singing on the clock radio and go out and find that Punksatawney Phil casts no shadow...

B

BRIX

I'm pretty sure Dagg slid a foot in touch for the Nonu try also. Have a little look at that one for us again lol

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Who was MOTM? I thought that Dagg and Jane were outstanding at the back for the Blacks, and the skipper was heroic, amongst others.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well we did score a try against SA. In fact if you combine Ireland, SA and NZ the try tally is 1-1. What does that say? RWC's are tight.

True, I actually forgot we scored a try in one of few times we had possession in that match. That try was not constructed though, rather it resulted from a turnover. Their key point is our attack did not look threatening against quality opposition all World Cup.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

I find the first statement to be utter rubbish.

McCabe was solid in the first half.

He's been criticized for not pushing th pass out wide. Maybe it was the wrong decision but a gap opened up midfield and straightening the attack looked like a good idea.

Where was the support play? The ABs had no trouble getting players there.

That's the fundamental difference between our teams.

We were never going to win the world cup when our halves supply no ball to our backs.

And if we are going to single out a player, Fainga'a offered less in attack and was terrible in defence.

I agree with you in parts. Im not really up for an argument at this point in time. I dont think he was the player we needed tonight, the same could be said of the whole team. I'll leave it at that.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
4 more years was one player, the booing was the large part of a crowd, mob mentality, ugly.

Having said that anyway you slice it, deserved victory by the ABs.

Because a Australian crowd would never stoop to booing such is their sportsmanship. Whats that you say? Oh, have a look at the video at 1.28 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzAaiofP80&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL2280E78C279D5459

Well played Aus but you came up against a very focussed and committed AB side. Thanks for a great game. It's 11:47am in London on a beautiful Sunday morning in the capital, i have no work tomorrow as I am on Gardening leave so I am off to celebrate and get pissed!!

G

gum1234

TPN would have to be one of the worst hookers in word rugby. I watched him the whole time he is on the field, and he dosent look for the work. He walks everywhere. Genia has no urngency, he is replicating george gregans tactics of 3-4 steps before passing. He has not played well all world cup, i think burgess would of done a better job. Deans needs to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.