• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR player of the year : Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I was going to go Barnes/Genia/Turner but an emphatic win like that has to go be put down to the pigs. But which ones? No particular Piétrain porker put his hand (trotter?) up for points. Which is how it should be: the forwards foraging in a foreign field in a tight formation looking for a feed. The go-forward of Horwill, McCalman and Ma'afu and Higger's forays out wide were major contributors for the win but time on the pitch with the generous use of the bench makes it hard to find any worthy recipients.

Maybe the decision to go wide when Farthing was off, and score 21 points in the process, was so crucial it can't be ignored. So:

3. Barnes
2. Genia
1. Turner

PS. Lovely to note Genia rarely hovered over the pill waiting for it to hatch.
PPS. Did Digby pass the ball once all match? If he did I missed it. Major flaw in this young man's game.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
3. Barnes
2. Turner
1. McCalman. Never thought I'd ever give him a point in an international, but there you are.

HM to TPN who's on the way back but not there yet, Horwill, JOC (James O'Connor), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Ioane.

Status
Not open for further replies.