• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies V Force Trial Match 4 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
He's been training with the Brumbies for a couple of years now, not exactly a late call up. He was definitely impressive in the Canberra comp this year, only to be ruled out the night before the grand final.

But he wasn't given an opportunity... just lower fringe... I think White has liked what he's seen in the young guy in ACT club and in preseason... I like that Jake White keeps his eyes open to those who work hard and are hungry and eager to set up...

Jake Whites really put a lot on the line here coming to the Brumbies... he isn't looking for the easy road... and I like it... He isn't living on past glories but looking to make something new... It will be very exciting (for me anyway) to see how they go in 2012... I'm in big time...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I only mention his squad status because of the rules set out by the ARU and the conditions in which an eps player can play during the season proper...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Yes I understand he is outside the key group... However he is the only back in the 5 EPS chaps so I think we'll see s little of Mogg this season... and I'm looking forward to seeing the young guy (well they're all young) get a crack at it... rugby belongs to the youth, we're just enthusiasts

L

Lachlan

Mogg has impressed but was a late call to the wider squad so he's outside the 30 at this time... He has come from the Broncos development squad and wanted to return to Union... SO he has physically evolved before becoming a Brumby in a pro sport environment... However I don't believe Jake White has separated these EPS lads from the main group but instead made 2 teams with no first 15 to keep them all training hard-er during the off season... hoping it will make all be more competitive for a start... think he has been very smart in his off season preparations...

By all reports he has plenty of ability and talent...

Surprised this guy hasn't kicked on sooner in his career. Went to the same school as Drew Mitchell (St. Patrick's College) and was almost as big of a school boy star, playing Fullback just like Drew was. Tall with plenty of pace (sprint champion), deceptive wiry strength and used to kick goals from around the halfway mark. Definitely a great player and should become at the very least a solid contributor at S15 level.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Surprised this guy hasn't kicked on sooner in his career. Went to the same school as Drew Mitchell (St. Patrick's College) and was almost as big of a school boy star, playing Fullback just like Drew was. Tall with plenty of pace (sprint champion), deceptive wiry strength and used to kick goals from around the halfway mark. Definitely a great player and should become at the very least a solid contributor at S15 level.

I think because he went to the Broncos young he went off the radar... not sure... He's a good size back with pace, skills and a kicking good game... lets see what sort of player he can become under Jake White...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I'm guessing after a weeks editing thats the Force highlites ? No scrum video I note! or did I mis it? The Force 15 looked OK... who was that?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even Australia had one good scrum against Enland in 2007...

Anyways, the real match is not for a few weeks...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ive had a chat with someone in the know over this scrum caper that the Force werent happy about.

It seems that during the crouch-touch-pause-engage sequence the Brumbies scrum crouched lower during the pause call than they had on the initial crouch call.

I assume this try and give them the possibility to 'pop' the opposition front row.

The Force didnt 'complain' to SANZAR as such, more like sought clarification on the scrum sequence.

Basically a storm in a tea cup.

Sent from Nokia 5110

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You could see the Jake White influence in the brumbies. They were very physical in contact and very patient how they played. The Force never threatened them at all and they could be in for a tough year. Typically rusty for the first run of the year but there is some good stuff to like about the way the Brumbies played. They also looked bloody fit.

Palmer was also strong in his workrate around the park.

I don't know what shit they put in the shit that they put in Vea's boots but he has become bloody huge in the off season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They seem to have transferred all that extra mass Mowen built up (and now lost) with the Tahs last year over to Vaea...

Good to hear about Palmer improving his workfare because he could be a world class prop...

His scrummaging is already up there...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I got to meet Palmer and let it be said he was a top bloke and an absolute gentleman when he was chatting to my Mum after the game. All the best to him for 2012.

Young Zac Holmes also had a cracker at ten. First time I had seen him play but I rate him now.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Good to hear Palmer doing well & Zac has plenty of talent and a fine goal kicker. Wish them both the best for the season and tonights trial v the champs/Reds...

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
The Force didn't put Holmes under pressure at any stage

A cynic would suggest the force want him to be the brumbies #10

Status
Not open for further replies.