• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has there been any definitive report on Moore's shoulder injury? I saw an early comment that they thought it was a matter of weeks rather than months. Anything more recent?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thankfully for the Brumbies they have the bye in week 2...

The Crimes mentions that they're hoping on 2-4 weeks at worst, so hopefully he should only miss a couple of games.

It's still a huge blow as an opening round win against the Force would be a huge confidence boost.

Hooker is such an important position, and unfortunately the Brumbies' backups are pretty damn green.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hegarty played 8 games for the Brumbies last year, I think he'll do fine and may even suprise a few people if Moore is ruled out.

And our set piece suffered pretty badly in those games where he started... so hopefully if he's called up he's improved a LOT...

One of the reasons the Force beat us at home last year is we couldn't win any of our own lineouts...

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Stephen Moore would be a loss to any side so hopefully his time on the sidelines is limited.

On another note there was a lunch on the Friday before the game and in a Q&A session the Brumbies nominated three big guys Siliva, Murphy and Yanuyanutawa. Jerry impressed a lot of people with the thoughtful way he answered questions.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
So who do you guys reckon will actually get the starting halfback gig? I have heard good things about Nic White.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Last year I picked him to be Genia's back up, if not in 2012 then in 2013; so I hope that my opinion of his play is not bunk and he gets the Brumbies starting spot.

He's a good goal kicker too - and not to any point but he can play 10 as well as 9; so will be handy in a 5/2 split.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Last year I picked him to be Genia's back up, if not in 2012 then in 2013; so I hope that my opinion of his play is not bunk and he gets the Brumbies starting spot.

He's a good goal kicker too - and not to any point but he can play 10 as well as 9; so will be handy in a 5/2 split.

Lee,

Prior played at 10 for Qld Uni Prems a number of times last year and didn't look too shabby. Not sure if he also goalkicks, but as I said in another thread I think the Brumbies are well served at the base of the scrum, and to your point they also have good utility options. Agree with the consensus that White is the frontrunner but Prior will definitely take his chances when he gets them.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I can really only speak for Nic White, Isaw him play some impressive rugby for teh Woodies last year... he was easily the best player onthe fild most weeks... However I've heard very positive things about Prior and he has done extreemeely well at training... I'm just pleased we have 2 excellent young guys in Camberra... I'm sure they'll both get plenty of chances...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Prior played at 10 for Qld Uni Prems a number of times last year and didn't look too shabby.

I think you have mentioned this before but I had half-forgotten it. Looks like the Brumbies have a couple a versatile young scrummies whose battle for the starting spot can only be good for them.

That is a good problem to have: the main question in the backs will be, given there are so many new talented players, who should play where? Another question is: how many rounds will it take to find that out?

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Nic White for mind is the best up and coming halfback in the country, cant look past him to be the no1 Halfback at the Brumbies. When do they name the teams for the trial v ACT XV, be interesting to see what players from the John I Dent cup will be in that squad. I hope to see the Royals Back Row in that side, be good to see them test themselves, for me I thought they were outstanding last season.

Bullfrog

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting snippet from the Canberra Times today..

"The Brumbies went into emergency mode yesterday to find a short-term hooker replacement for Moore and Saliva Saliva.
The Brumbies were tight-lipped about the candidates, but The Canberra Times understands that Sydney University hooker Sam Roberson will begin training with the club from today.
The 21-year-old, a 2008 Australian Schoolboys representative, is a product of the NSW Waratahs Academy and was part of Sydney Uni's Shute Shield team that lost the grand final last year."

sonny crockett

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting snippet from the Canberra Times today..

"The Brumbies went into emergency mode yesterday to find a short-term hooker replacement for Moore and Saliva Saliva.
The Brumbies were tight-lipped about the candidates, but The Canberra Times understands that Sydney University hooker Sam Roberson will begin training with the club from today.
The 21-year-old, a 2008 Australian Schoolboys representative, is a product of the NSW Waratahs Academy and was part of Sydney Uni's Shute Shield team that lost the grand final last year."
A pretty fair source told me yesterday this was the case, as well as another important development on the hooker front over there at Sydney Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.