• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls Rnd 5 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Bulls will be stinging after their loss to the Blues at home in their last outing. They will welcome Francois Hougaard and Johan Sadie back to their starting lineup and they've had the bye week to prepare for this game against the Reds. Always hard to tip against the Bulls at Loftus. Bulls by 7 to 10 points.

I don't like it, but I think I agree. That is not the same as like.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
My suggestion that Kafe's prediction would most likely have been defeated, but for the injuries of Harris and Lucas during the game, is perfectly reasonable. Mate, you do not have a leg to stand on in calling me bias when you refuse to acknowledge that having a playmaker and kicker on the field would have significantly altered the outcome of the game.

You cannot even see how ridiculous your point of view is. There is no denying that losing two flyhalf's has a significant impact on a team. But to say that the Reds would definitely have won if it didn't happen is quite ludicrous and cannot be proven. There is zero fact in that statement and 100% opinion. Particularly Harris' injury early in the first half. You cannot predict how the game would have progressed from that point onwards as it would have been a completely different scenario. To suggest something like "because he is a better player, we definitely would have won" is absolute crap.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You cannot even see how ridiculous your point of view is. There is no denying that losing two flyhalf's has a significant impact on a team. But to say that the Reds would definitely have won if it didn't happen is quite ludicrus and cannot be proven. There is zero fact in that statement and 100% opinion.

Where was it said they would have definitely won?

"It would have significantly altered the game" is quite different to your spin on that statement.

A

AlexH

You cannot even see how ridiculous your point of view is. There is no denying that losing two flyhalf's has a significant impact on a team. But to say that the Reds would definitely have won if it didn't happen is quite ludicrous and cannot be proven. There is zero fact in that statement and 100% opinion. Particularly Harris' injury early in the first half. You cannot predict how the game would have progressed from that point onwards as it would have been a completely different scenario. To suggest something like "because he is a better player, we definitely would have won" is absolute crap.

I believe I used the words "most likely" not "definitely".

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
And you just exude objectivity.

Following your ridculous theory, we would have to subtract 5 points for the try that Frisby scored, cos he would definitely not have been on the field if there weren't any injuries. Which other factors should we change? How far back into the game should we go? Should we analyse every single play from the replacements that came onto the field and work out "what Harris or Lucas would have done in the exact same situation"? Surely we would have to if we are suggesting that they WOULD HAVE kicked the penalties and we are predicting what "most likely" would have happened in each situation?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Bb, I think one fact worth recalling is that this is not a Conference of Neutral and Objective Professors of Calm Rugby Analysis Dedicated to Independent Belief, it's an Aussie rugby fan forum.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of, for example, Link's obvious achievements, or the Reds' team strengths, etc. There's bound to be some passion and bias here and there, just as there very clearly is from SA fans here and on SA rugby fora. I recall you and PB expressing together and right here much SA-derived joy that the Cheetahs beat the Rebels - do you feel that's 'unbiased' emotion?

Your quest lately and here seems to be (a) make the Reds' fans here admit the team has weaknesses in 2012 that it didn't have in 2011 and (b) insist that every supportive assessment here of the Reds is wholly unbiased and objective (by your standards). I mean, why?, what would or does this achieve exactly? You talk of how annoyed you are at this or that, as though that emotion for you is all a big surprise upon entering this place and we should be worried that you're annoyed with us.

I'd hate to lose you, and I consider you a good rugby analyst with many interesting and knowledgeable points to make. It's just that your constructive impact would be 300% more if you didn't demean those inputs by every time you reach about the 3rd iteration of interaction here, starting to get very personal and highly aggressive with a fellow Reds poster and where you do often appear arrogant, lecturing and self-righteous as though you are dealing with nothing but biassed fools. And then you come back for more ;).

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Where was it said they would have definitely won?

"It would have significantly altered the game" is quite different to your spin on that statement.

In response to your question:

Well, lets look at the last twenty minutes of the Sharks game from a practical perspective. Genia could not slot the first penalty just to the left of the posts inside the twenty-two and we could not take a similarly kickable penalty in the last ten minutes because we had no kicker. If either Harris or Lucas were on the field those goals would have been kicked and the final score would've been 28-27.

"The final score would've been 28-27"

L

Lachlan

I love the character the Reds showed last week and loved seeing them finally play like the champion team they are, but I would consider it an absolute miracle for them to walk away with even the narrowest of wins this weekend. Gonna be picking the Bulls in my multi (prove me wrong boys - I will gladly wave my money goodbye to see a depleted reds victorious at Loftus!!). Either way I think its gonna be a close and gripping game. Looking forward to some awesome rugby.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Bb, I think one fact worth recalling is that this is not a Conference of Neutral and Objective Professors of Calm Rugby Analysis Dedicated to Independent Belief, it's an Aussie rugby fan forum.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of, for example, Link's obvious achievements, or the Reds' team strengths, etc. There's bound to be some passion and bias here and there, just as there very clearly is from SA fans here and on SA rugby fora. I recall you and PB expressing together and right here much SA-derived joy that the Cheetahs beat the Rebels - do you feel that's 'unbiased' emotion?

Your quest lately and here seems to be (a) make the Reds' fans here admit the team has weaknesses in 2012 that it didn't have in 2011 and (b) insist that every supportive assessment here of the Reds is wholly unbiased and objective (by your standards). I mean, why?, what would or does this achieve exactly? You talk of how annoyed you are at this or that, as though that emotion for you is all a big surprise upon entering this place and we should be worried that you're annoyed with us.

I'd hate to lose you, and I consider you a good ruby analyst with many interesting and knowledgeable points to make. It's just that your constructive impact would be 300% more if you didn't demean those inputs by every time you reach about the 3rd iteration of interaction here, starting to get very personal and highly aggressive with a fellow Reds poster and where you do often appear arrogant, lecturing and self-righteous as though you are dealing with nothing but biassed fools. And then you come back for more ;).

With all due respect RH, you are only taking offence to what I have posted because I am opposing the point of view of a number of Reds fans. You keep feeling that it is necessary to pick me up on certain things that I have said, but propose that I should ignore posters who make points that I do not agree with. You are happy to ignore some of the outrageous comments made by fellow Reds fans (at times even 'liking' the comment, which can be interpreted as you agreeing with what has been said), but feel that it is your duty to "pull me back into line" on some of the comments I have made?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
With all due respect RH, you are only taking offence to what I have posted because I am opposing the point of view of a number of Reds fans. You keep feeling that it is necessary to pick me up on certain things that I have said, but propose that I should ignore posters who make points that I do not agree with. You are happy to ignore some of the outrageous comments made by fellow Reds fans (at times even 'liking' the comment, which can be interpreted as you agreeing with what has been said), but feel that it is your duty to "pull me back into line" on some of the comments I have made?

In a word, no. Agree to disagree.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Build a bridge mate, it's the internet.........

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Build a bridge mate, it's the internet.........

Mate I have no problem with things continuing as they are. I will continue to post my opinions where I choose. It's an internet forum where differing opinions are the expectation. I find it quite ironic that RH takes exception to me "lecturing" some individuals but then he feels it necessary to "lecture" me.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Ewen's been tweeting QC (Quade Cooper) - the team sounds posetive and up for a challenge..Good mood in camp.

Should be good!

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I didn't choose it - mates gave it to me during a spearfishing trip to Mozambique..

Which S15 rugby side do you support?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Bulls by 7 to 10 points.

For the Bulls to win by those Margins they'll have to score tries. I'd be thinking that they'll win by 6.

The Reds are going to have some huge pace out wide; Rocket and Ship's I would imagine be the starting two wingers. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

If the Reds can get to an early lead to take the crowd out of the equation and limit the kickable penalties they give away it'll cause the Bulls to play an attacking style that they're not used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.