• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Looking through the QLD portion of the academy, Brownings name is the only one I see that stands out as a potential Super Rugby player. Besides other franchises will be aware of his ability and its better we secure him before anyone else does.

Sorry but I don't agree. Whilst Browning is good where will his size dictate as to his position?
Jarrod Butler is playing very well.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Ahhh shit, but you can't really blame him for leaving. We simply do not have enough money to throw at him. Hopefully this will make it easier to retain Quade, Tapuai and Shipperely.
100% agree, this is a pro sport and he has to do what he can to make a living. Anything can happen, look at Saffy!

As a fan it suck to lose our favourite players but I wish him luck and at least he will still be a wallaby.

T

tranquility

I was probably too blunt, but my point was that he is an explosive player as opposed to a workhorse as alluded too by Thierry Dusautoir. I actually think that Ed could develop into a player of similar dimensions and playing style to Higgers. My hope is that he more decorated junior career and coaching pathway will mean that technically he is a better player. But, lets just wait and see shall we.

BGA

Bob McCowan (2)
Schatz will be capable of filling some of the void left by Higginbotham, but I definitely don't think that Quirk will come close to having the same influence on the game as Higginbotham does. A fairly big loss, but the Reds should be able to cope if they make the right decisions in signing some up and coming bigger units such as Browning.

T

TOCC

I was probably too blunt, but my point was that he is an explosive player as opposed to a workhorse as alluded too by Thierry Dusautoir. I actually think that Ed could develop into a player of similar dimensions and playing style to Higgers. My hope is that he more decorated junior career and coaching pathway will mean that technically he is a better player. But, lets just wait and see shall we.
Exactly, Higgers was a pretty average player when he debut'd, Quirk has the attributes to develop into a similar player to Higgers, if not, at least we the most effective ball running lock in the country in Horwill.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
huh Horwill barely makes any metres despite a big frame

Really depends on how you define effective. While Kev might not make the biggest metres per carry, how many defenders does it pull it consistently? Nine times out of ten he's sucked in two players with a third covering. He's more of a grinder player compared to the likes of Sharpe and Mumm.

T

TOCC

huh Horwill barely makes any metres despite a big frame

Well once again its a apples and oranges type situation...
Horwill obviously plays tighter and Higgers looser, im just pointing out that the remainder of the pack isnt purely workmanlike and there are some ball carriers in there..

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Just quietly, I think Hugh McMeniman is off contract in japan.

The reds would not be able to match what he is getting in japan, but with the lions series next year he might fancy his chances of another shot at the big time.

T

TOCC

Just quietly, I think Hugh McMeniman is off contract in japan.

The reds would not be able to match what he is getting in japan, but with the lions series next year he might fancy his chances of another shot at the big time.

McMenimen had a lot of talent, unfortunately his body just didn't have the endurance..
He has had repetitive injuries and the Japan culture may have suited he more, allowing him to ease back on the training somewhat. I think he is a injury liability and any team would be taking a big risk to bring him back to Australia.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
McMenimen had a lot of talent, unfortunately his body just didn't have the endurance..
He has had repetitive injuries and the Japan culture may have suited he more, allowing him to ease back on the training somewhat. I think he is a injury liability and any team would be taking a big risk to bring him back to Australia.
I think it's unrealistic to judge players on old information. MMM may have turned the corner. You never know?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Depending on his asking price it sounds like he'd be the same risk as Rocky.
I hope he would get the same contract as Rocky, sure pay MMM heaps, but make the payments and extensions based on how often he is on the field/availiable to play

W

What2040

Shatz and Quirk will suffice but both of them play their best rugby at 6. The other options McDulling and AWH could both only play 6 as well - as both are pretty much locks. The younger options Browning and McMahon are not yet ready for super rugby.

So we really need a top class 8 with nice hands and good running game, preferably someone who is a bit older but doesn't get injured often. Pretty much a radike samo mk2.

Suggestions welcome!

where do you get one fior free

Status
Not open for further replies.