• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who's to Blame?

Who's to Blame?

• John O'Neill

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Robbie Deans

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Jim Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Pocock

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Bryce Lawrence

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Will Genia

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Tom Carter

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Poseidon

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Julia Gillard and the Greens

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Matt Giteau

Votes: 10 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
There is so much that I
There is so much that I disagree with in that dribble ....

Yes I had to stop reading Jiggles comment.
Nel is talking from a perspective that this other fatman can not objectively consider.
Brenden Nel here is touching on the sensitive subject of money being more important to the sport than the men and about JON treating rugby like a 'product'.
It is an argument worth expanding upon.
The fact that there is now so much money involved in League here is almost a good reason for bringing this into the argument, however he did it in a lazy way which just offends us toffy union fans.
We need to ensure that at an international level greed and corruption do not control the IRB and RSA commentators may rightly be pissed off not to have a seat at that table.
cheers

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes I had to stop reading Jiggles comment.
Nel is talking from a perspective that this other fatman can not objectively consider.
Brenden Nel here is touching on the sensitive subject of money being more important to the sport than the men and about JON treating rugby like a 'product'.
It is an argument worth expanding upon.
The fact that there is now so much money involved in League here is almost a good reason for bringing this into the argument, however he did it in a lazy way which just offends us toffy union fans.
We need to ensure that at an international level greed and corruption do not control the IRB and RSA commentators may rightly be pissed off not to have a seat at that table.
cheers

Geez, that's a relief to see that someone else read and understood the article, and didn't, upon seeing that it was written by a Saffer journo, automatically conclude that he was whinging about the rough deal that the Springboks get! I thought I was going to have to dissect Nel's entire article line by line and re-word it in primary school english with notes on what he was actually trying to get across, so that Jiggles would understand. The only reason I didn't bother was because I knew he would then launch into another essay on the failures of SA Rugby and why their style of play will never be successful at international level again.

J

Jiggles

My favourite lines in the article:

"For the Aussies though, it has been a goldrush, as they finally have a system to try and increase their depth and strengthen the product in markets they never had before."

and

"the Aussie blueprint for making the game more like Rugby League is something that has to a large extent, dominated changes in the way rugby has been played over the past few years."

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fuck it. You know what? I'm to blame.

There, I said it.

fluffybunny. I farquin knew it.

:)

No seriously I would just like to thank everyone in this thread for such quality entertainment. Needed a bit of humor over my lunch break to go with my salad. After all, who wants leaves for lunch?

Jiggles I am not sure what is more amusing. Your avatar or the steady stream of crap you come up with but keep jiggling it's fun to read :)

exmatelote

Frank Nicholson (4)
jokes aside, it's hard not to blame J'ON. I very much doubt he figured it would piss down and given we are shit in the rain, the moment it was forecast we were on shakey ground. The only reason for the game was revenue and his bonuses. I'd dearly love to know if his bonus is related to him not fucking the brand, cheapening the test cap and somehow related to the win/loss ratio.

Yes, Dingo dropped and enormous bollock on the coaching side and I'm sick of that. He's had more than enough chances to learn from this and must have seen it coming. To be trounced by lesser opposition in the wet, for the third time is inexcusable but he was handed a bag of shit by J'ON. Unless we have a season unlike any since 2001, Dingo will get the arse but J'ON ought to consider his position as well. At least not taking his bonus and re-ploughing it into the development of the game would be the honourable thing.

Fat farking chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.