• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Any standouts from GPS and AIC. There have been a number of standouts named in the AIC thread.

A

ALLBLACKS4life

serge panochini shreds all his opponents and antoine has bigger biceps and better footwork then anyone the two carv up together

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
Starting Team

1. Paulo Leleisiuao (NC)
2. Alex Mafi (NC)
4. Maclean Jones (NC)
6. Jayden Rodwell (NC)
7. Joel Brown (TSS)
8. Terrace Number 8.name?
9. Fergus Halliday (BGS)
10. James Tuttle (NC)
11. Riley Brennan (NC)
12. Jaidon Schafer (ACGS)
13. Todd Dawson (IONA)
14. Antoine Pereira (BSHS)
15. Isaac Nathan (TSS)

Thoughts? Anyone able to fill the gaps?
Terrace Number 8 I think is Ben Laxon good player

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
terrace number 8 is daniel sitileni and he has a guarantee'd spot in that team, if you saw him play churchie in the 16A's or in the firsts you would see why
Ben Laxon, Toby McNamee, Robert Green are terrace players that will see spots in either QLD Red or White

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. ?
2. Mafi (Nudgee)
3. Leleisuao (Nudgee)
4. Stavropoulos (Iona)
5. Laxon (Terrace)
6. Naupoto (State High)
7. Rodwell (Nudgee)
8. Sitanilei (Terrace)
9. Halliday (Grammar)
10. Tuttle (Nudgee)
11. Enoch (peters)
12. Sipaea (not sure what school)
13. Schafer (churchie)
14. Pereira (state high)
15. Bennett (Peters)

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
I would put robert green as one of those props proved himself to be a great defender and great in the rucks and mauls as a part of terrace's 1st XV that played churchie on the weekend

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is this being done in Red and White squads again this year?

I doubt it's worthwhile predicting XV's if this is the case as they won't be known until much later. Not to mention the fact that all previous posts have completely ignored TSS, BBC and TGS players, which have featured heavily in QLD U16 teams in the past.

You also fail to remember a certain GPS 2 starting scrum half who would be a shoe-in for a QLD U16 squad spot.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
I havnt been out to see any trial games for GPS but the players from AIC that are in contention for spots are:
1: Ryan Haling
2: Shaun Laurie
3: Ikaika Fao'saolo
5: Harley Fox
6: Michael Forsyth
7: Brad Wilkin
8: Lauries No.8 for 16s
9: Moses Sorovi
10:
11: Todd Dawson
12: Henry Devine
13: Narly Bennet
14:
15:

Its pretty obvious that I watched the majority of St Peters games because of the hype about them. Anyone else know good AIC players ?
brad wilkin is too old for under 16s

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
2011 QJRU U15 Squad

Aden Troxell
Bronson Tauakipulu
Che Taniwha
Dylan Leyland
Elijah Alick
Fergus Halliday BGS 1st XV
Franko Abdalla
Fred Dorrough TSS 16A Trial
Iziah Tittor
James McColl
Josh Acworth
Josh Baravi
Luke Peterson
Max Dempsey
Morehu Atutahi
Nick Doversand
Robert Green
Sam Hicks
Todd Dawson
Tom Kliese
Trey Hodges
Vavia Moeara
William McBride

A fair few of the players will probably come from that squad. Halliday, Tuttle and Tauakipulu are the standouts for me. The final QLD squads will definitely feature a lot more boys from GPS schools than the aforementioned group of players. Nudgee College players James Tuttle, Riley Brennan, Jayden Rodwell, Paulo Leleisiuao and Alex Mafi all played either QLD Red or White last year, and schoolboy prodigy Joel Hagan made the wider training sqaud. This year, Mafi is the hooker for GPS 2, whilst Tuttle made GPS 3 along with Ipswich Grammar's Latham Takau (at #9 and #3 respectively), so you'd think they'd be certainties. Churchie's Jaidon Schafer is a certainty as well, having made National Indigenous U16 last year.

1. Paulo Leleisiuao
2. Alex Mafi
3. Latham Takau
4. -
5. -
6. Joel Brown
7. Jayden Rodwell
8. Bronson Tauakipulu
9. Fergus Halliday
10. James Tuttle
11. Riley Brennan
12. Jaidon Schafer
13. Todd Dawson
14. -
15. Joel Hagan

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I would add Stu McReight (BGS) as a front row possibility. Can play both sides, but I would have as LHP. Also very mobile around the field, and one of the best line out lifters I have seen in this age group.

Stuey McReight is certainly in contention, but whether or not he starts for QLD Red will more than likely come down to what the selectors decide to do with the backrow. If Takau is picked at #6 or #8 rather than Tighthead Prop, McReight is surely a frontrunner for selection. However, Latham has been playing #3 this season and was named there for GPS 3 so I think it's fairly unlikely he'll be playing in the backrow. However, Stuey's versatility means he'd be an excellent player off the bench, being able to cover both sides.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1. Paulo Leleisiuao
2. Alex Mafi
3. Latham Takau
4. -
5. -
6. Joel Brown
7. Jayden Rodwell
8. Bronson Tauakipulu
9. Fergus Halliday - Vinnie Quigley GPS 2?
10. James Tuttle
11. Riley Brennan
12. Jaidon Schafer
13. Todd Dawson
14. -
15. Joel Hagan

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Light, I didn't realise Quigley was 16. Can he play anywhere else or is he an out-and-out halfback?

BGA

Bob McCowan (2)

Quigley is too old for U16's im pretty sure.

Like Ippylad said before I would expect to see the likes of Laxon, McNamee and Green, along with Sitanilei and Fowler, in the Qld U16 lineups, however they are arranged (Red, white i.e.)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah, just checked. He's in year 11 but a year older. Bloody NSW education system.

WTF. He played QLD U17 last year and is born in July making him 18 next month.. How the hell is he still at school..

BGA

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah, just checked. He's in year 11 but a year older. Bloody NSW education system.

WTF. He played QLD U17 last year and is born in July making him 18 next month.. How the hell is he still at school..

I'm pretty sure he's in Year 12

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Uh, and he's new to Churchie this year. Hence why I thought he was year 11.

Hard to not hate Churchie's recruiting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.