• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies versus Wales- SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Irish apart from tonight, have played with accuracy and intensity not seen in any of the Oz tests.

Ireland played well last weekend. You can not say that about the other 2 weeks though.

The Wallabies just won the series 3-0. Give them a bit of credit. It wasn't 0-3.

What I do think will be interesting coming out of this series will be the form of the Tahs players in the next couple of weeks. They'd found ways to lose tight games all year, but now half their starting side has found ways to win for 3 weeks.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
My judgement is based on their actual performance in this series. The Welsh didn't lose as many lineouts in the entire 6N as they did in each game here. Their kicks from hand and restarts were also abominable compared to their 6N form. I doubt many Welsh fans would be very happy with the performance of the "greatest side to leave the valleys".

As for the Wallabies, with significant territorial and possession advanatges they couldn't construct much in the way of attack.

The Irish apart from tonight, have played with accuracy and intensity not seen in any of the Oz tests.

So we're poor, they're poor and we're going to lose. Did you ever participate in Project MKULTRA Gnos?

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I think this is a really harsh reflection on the series. It bother underestimates how good Wales were in being close in every game of the series as well as the Wallabies who managed to close out three close games.

A 6N champion Wales team at the culmination of their season failed to win a test. The Wallabies at the start of their test season managed to win all three.

To say that Wales has been really poor underestimates that the Wallabies are better than the rest of the teams they faced in the 6N.

Good post and very true. Wales were the best of a pretty average bunch in the 6 nations this year I'm afraid.
You guys are ranked at 2 for a reason.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Ignoring tonight, if the All Blacks don't beat the Wallabies by over 30 points in a match this season will it be because the All Blacks are playing poorly?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

Love your work with Black Caviar.

I do have a problem barracking for Dark Colours though.:)

Hugh, you have excelled yourself. Shows how bloody backward we are living in 'the land of Queens'! Queens, that's all we've had on the bloody news lately! 10/10 to Tooheys for that effort.
Using the slab or carton as a currency to offer thanks or apologies would see Braveheart81 paying me x 4 for his satirical comments re my remarks on the virtues of Mike Harris after only 1.1 tests against Kurtley Beale! Beale made a mistake with his first touch (not finding the touch line), and he was still making mistakes after 71 minutes, putting his foot on the line when catching the ball, (watching too much NRL on TV). In between, he missed at least 2 tackles, threw 2 bad passes, and dropped a high ball (all of those in the first 43 minutes)! He's no messiah, but like Quade, he's erratic!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Once again, not the greatest performance, but a win nonetheless. It sure beats going down 3-0 in a series.

I'm with Naza on the point that we are creating nothing in attack. Too much one out stuff and not enough angles or deception. We are too easy to defend and I think it comes down to the fact that our midfield is too similar. Hopefully come TRC time we'll have Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor) in the mix, who can offer more creative spark than we are seeing right now. One of McCabe or Horne has to be left out I think and I would nominate Horne. Berrick or JOC (James O'Connor) would play 12 and Cooper would be at 10. Or some variation on that theme.

Our ball security in the collisions today was diabolical at times, as were the set pieces. Much to improve there.

But once again we didn't panic, got to the right areas of the field and scored when it mattered. I'm liking this new found composure.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well done Wallabies, 3 nil is nothing to sniff at aginst a decent welsh team. The pigs were strong and were once again the backbone of our victory. Sharpie, more of the same please especially when playing the MIB. Once again we seemed to leave plenty of points on the field due to poor finishing. The backline just isn't clicking e.g. the continual over running of passes. Barnes and Genia were excellent, these were probably the best 3 games I have ever seen Barnes play.

Watching the game live, it felt like half of the time was lost through stoppages. It was stop start affair, minutes of nosthingness while scrums were reset or penalties lined up broken up by passages of exhillerating play. At one stage we lost 45 secs or more while they looked for a ball for Barnes to take a shot for goal. The IRB need to look at this, the simple solution seems to be to call time off for shots at goal and scrums with play restarting when the kicker approaches the ball or when the ref believes the ball has cleared the scrum.

For the Welsh, bad luck. 2-1 would also have also been a very fair result. You obviously need to learn how to close out games. I also don't feel like we saw the best of Warburton on this tour, maybe he is carrying an injury.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So we're poor, they're poor and we're going to lose. Did you ever participate in Project MKULTRA Gnos?

How did you guess? Maybe not with the CIA but I was part of a behaviour modification experiment in my Uni days, though I don't recall those methods. Funny the sort of shit you'll do as a young fella chasing skirt.

As for the thurst of your post and that of the others, read what was posted. The Welsh were poor in key areas. Just have a look at the lineout completion stats for a good indicator and I was disappointed as the hype pre-tour was they were the best side to leave the valleys.

I say nothing with regard to the future, and there is always hope regardless of the ineptitude of Robbie Deans.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I actually thought the attack was better this week but ball security let us down (Palu, higginbotham, Ioane the main culprits).

Looked more dangerous with Beale on the field and managed to get the ball wider. One good pass from McCabe set up Horne as well. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Horne both ball hogged badly a few times though.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
It will be a long time before I lose the mental image of Pat McCabe with a tampon complete with removal string jammed in his nose. Surley he'll score a new nick name.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Firstly well done to the Wallabies, a 3 - 0 whitewash of a worthy opponent is no small thing. I had hoped the game would be a more free flowing affair but it followed a similar script to the 2nd test. I cant believe how many of the Welsh supporters are blaming the Ref for all three loses on this tour, to me the Wallabies simply have the edge over them.
That's five losses to Australia, in three different countries in less than ten months with two head coaches and four different refs. That tells you the Wob's are the better team.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I believe this Welsh team has the potential to turn into one of the finest teams in the world over the ccoming years - and by that I don't only mean that they have the potential to be one of the most successful teams - they also look like a team that will play some great rugby that delight us all (and you can't say that about all the successful teams of the professional era).

For mine the biggest difference for Wales between the 6N and this tour is that Warburton, Fealtau and Lydiate - along with Jones and Tipuric - owned the breakdown during the 6N. They gave their backs great ball and made it tough for the opposition. For the last three weeks they have been on the receiving end. Pocock has been immense (as has Ben Robinson on the floor - something he is rarely given enough credit for) and the work of Palu, Higgers, as well as Dennis off the bench and Hooper's carrying in game one has meant that the Welsh backrow have been the ones that have owned. This has made a fairly pedestrian Australian midfield look good and stifled a much more talented Welsh backline. Take bow, David Pocock, man of the series for mine.

That said, as someone who watches them regularly, the Welsh backrow are better than this - Warburton and Lydiate have not been themselves and Felatau looked off the pace before his injury. Jones and Tipuric have been good. The Australian backrow will not get the same latitude against a first choice NZ and SA backrow with the result that our limitations elsewhere will be exposed. That said, NZ without Kaino and Read look a bit underpowered, and SA without Brussow are an entirely different proposition (as we saw in the WC QF). Big challenge for the Australian backrow will be to see whether they have have the same impact during the upcoming 4N?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
How did you guess? Maybe not with the CIA but I was part of a behaviour modification experiment in my Uni days, though I don't recall those methods. Funny the sort of shit you'll do as a young fella chasing skirt.

As for the thurst of your post and that of the others, read what was posted. The Welsh were poor in key areas. Just have a look at the lineout completion stats for a good indicator and I was disappointed as the hype pre-tour was they were the best side to leave the valleys.

I say nothing with regard to the future, and there is always hope regardless of the ineptitude of Robbie Deans.
Bollocks in spades

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
There was nothing between either side today. One penalty vs one conversion. I was afraid that joubert might exert an undue influence and he did. F@ck me ffaro. Who knows what those penalties were for!

Never mind. Great day.
Great tour.

What should worry all of us is the 60-0 thrashing.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
My thoughts on the
?
2. Wales were again a huge disappointment. Poor re-starts, lineouts and kicking from hand. Where was the 6N form or the form from the RWC. They did not improve at all in this game from the first two. They did however defend very very well and showed the ability to open the Wallabies defence quite easily. It was their poor handling and a few marvelous steals that saved the Wallabies.
3. Great to see an afternoon test. A good turnout and good camera work by Fox. (I am sick to death of the Fox Coms - it would be nice to hear some real critical analysis guys instead of the fan boy sucking up to the coaching team).
4. This was a game for Welsh and Oz fans only. It was great in its cliff hanger finish for the second week in a row, but that was it. The game itself was a crap fest of dropped ball, poor passes, terrible lineout execution from the Welsh. A neutral observer would have been struggling to stay awake or would have gone off to mow the lawn. For two of the alleged top sides in world Rugby it was a poor game in terms of intensity and skills. Of course Deans would say it was a good test he is a shit house test coach. The worst in Australian professional history IMO, and worse than some of the amateurs.

On the series:-
1. Wallabies overall are poor. No imagination, average defence. Scrum iffy especially once the first choice front rowers go off. Alexander is not a THP and is not even fit to sub in the position.
2. I am exceedingly disappointed in the Welsh. How did they win the 6N without being able to secure a kick off or their own lineout. The improvement seen in the lineout when Charteris came on tells me that the Welsh coaches stuffed up big time in not picking him to start. Kicking from hand for the Welsh was also very poor. out.

If we d played any better we d have won the series, then yew could ve been really miserable.

Surely if rugby internationals are close, then that s a good thing. Who gives a flying f@ck if you re disappointed by wales lineouts. Both teams have certainly entertained me over the last few weeks. The welsh team came here after a helluva long season and sure there are things they ve done better this season but they certainly gave everything. Chwarae teg!

Status
Not open for further replies.