• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Greatest forum in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Haha suckered me in. Awesome stuff.

Poe's law is so true.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

I used to laugh at the whack jobs at convervapedia.org. The funniest part was when they got infiltrated by some atheists who then created some insanely extreme and funny stuff which was bought hook, line and sinker.

My favorite was when they explained the diaspora by a volcano blowing small animals around the world after the great flood. Naturally the small animals survived because god protected them.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We must all be on the lists they publish for damnation. Australia is, by their admission, Godless and worthy of hellfire. As are other "countries" including California and parts of New York state, outside of the 9/11 zone. :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
...snip...
Funny emoticons too. Particularly like "Ready for the rapture".

Dear Moderators,

Can we get some of the emoticons and trophy awards like Landover Baptist have awarded here?

Examples of some potential Gaggerland awards
Used to play League
Reformed Soccer Player
GPS educated
CHS education
Played Colts Rugby
Legend in own lunchtime
Golden Oldie
Referee
Meat Raffle Seller (Gold award - 100 raffles, Silver Award - 50 raffles)
Hates/Supports Darkness
Hates/Supports Soap Dodgers
etc etc

We could have some fun.

Would love to see the icon for the Waratah Board Member award:)
Where has the Minister of Logos, and Undersecretary of Graphics, Rugby Future gone?

Yours
Hugh

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Wait a minute, are you saying this web site is a joke? Why would people make fun of God?

Geez isn't anyone going to bite on this one? I go to the trouble of creating a Poe's Law Poe-ism and nobody falls for it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I love the idea, Hugh. Please add "Deans Believer" and "Deans Denier."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scarfman,

You should know much better than to create a Poe's Law Post on a thread that refers to a Forum that is a Proof of Poe's Law, particularly when the two posts immediately prior to your post made specific reference to Poe's Law. :rolleyes:

Having been edumacated about Poe's Law, I am now wondering how many cunningly disguised poeisms (aka trolls) have been dropped in Gaggerland and fired up the threads to really flog the dead horse threads.

It is hard to take some of the Gaggerland posts seriously after reading some of the Landover Baptist posts.

The "Reds", "Waratah", "Judiciary", "Darkness are cheats", "Poms are whingers", "NH is boring rugby", Schoolboy "[insert association] is better" and "selection bias" threads are particularly susceptible to Poeisms.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We must all be on the lists they publish for damnation. Australia is, by their admission, Godless and worthy of hellfire. As are other "countries" including California and parts of New York state, outside of the 9/11 zone. :)

ACDC's "Highway to hell" suddenly comes into my mind.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do the biblical references to a Darkness descending on the world prophesize the dominance of the NZRT?

Maybe I have to start refering to The Darkness by some other epithet.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
http://www.facebook.com/events/102311426566161/

"Jesus, Take The Wheel" Day

On March 31, 2013, Christians all over the world will take to the streets in their automobiles. Relying only on the divine protection of Jesus Christ, they will prove that the Savior of Man will not abandon them when they remove their hands from the steering wheels of their cars for a total of 5 minutes. They will not be at a red light, or a stop sign, they will be on the highways. This is TRUE FAITH. Jesus Christ does not abandon his children, and with the current state of the world, it's time to show Jesus that we have not abandoned him. Do not come to this page telling us that we are crazy and that we are going to die. Jesus is our Shepherd, and he will tend to his flock. Please join us and show that you are NOT AFRAID to place your life in the hands of Jesus Christ

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dear Moderators,

Can we get some of the emoticons and trophy awards like Landover Baptist have awarded here?

Examples of some potential Gaggerland awards
Used to play League
Reformed Soccer Player
GPS educated
CHS education
Played Colts Rugby
Legend in own lunchtime
Golden Oldie
Referee
Meat Raffle Seller (Gold award - 100 raffles, Silver Award - 50 raffles)
Hates/Supports Darkness
Hates/Supports Soap Dodgers
etc etc

We could have some fun.

Would love to see the icon for the Waratah Board Member award:)
Where has the Minister of Logos, and Undersecretary of Graphics, Rugby Future gone?

Yours
Hugh

2015 Your Prayers Were All Shit
And Nobody Was Listening Award

pray.gif
2015 Poshest Member, That Being, Least
Likely To Use Coat Hanger As Car Aerial

prolife.gif
2015 Staunchest Moderator

emoticon1.gif
2015 Considered Most Likely To One Day Log-Off From
The Forum And Have Sexual Intercourse With A Woman

quagmire.gif
2015 Wallabies Jersey-Wearing Supporter
Who Will Do Whatever It Takes

beastiality.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't help but notice that "2015 Staunchest Moderator" looks very Cyclopian :)

Anyone know how "Jesus, take the wheel" went?

Shit I wish I'd discovered this thread a coupla years ago, it's a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.