• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

David Pocock on QandA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The producers at QandA for in touch about QandA next monday night

David Pocock will appear on our program this coming Monday 30th July with Shane Gould, Louse Sauvage & John Alexander. With the Olympics on, we'll turn our attention to sport.

I thought some of your members might be interested in attending given David's appearance on the panel. We're based in Sydney and interested parties would need to be available from 8.30pm.

Can you spread the word? Those interested in attending can register their details through our website www.abc.net.au/qanda (Join the studio audience).

Don't forget your G&GR T-Shirts

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
That is hardly a national issue concerning sport but if I get on I'll see of I can squeeze it in.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'd love to hear him talk about Rugby 7s at the 2016 Olympics. Would he consider making the transition for an Olympic appearance?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone else notice that Bam is the only one who actually addresses his answers to the audience member who asked the question, and not to the rest of the panel. This guy shits golden awesome.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Michael O'Loughlin did as well.
Although when others were taking Pocock was watching the monitors and not looking at who was taking. It want until the last half that he realised what he was doing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I was impressed by him. I get the impression that he can carry on a bit but it was good to see his passion about certain subjects and he said that he wasn't a preacher and everyone was entitled to their views.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
I thought he was good, thoughtful, sincere, but he wasn't polished or engaging in the way Michael O was.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
David was caught monitor watching a few times. Emma was apparently trying to get his attention to tell him to stop it.
From reports he and Louise were the most nervous of panel.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Did anyone catch Pocock on Hack (JJJ) this afternoon. They had him on as a commentator regarding the fact they have discovered both Sherrin and the mungo ball maker are using child labour to make their balls. I didn't realise that he has started a company making rugby balls which are certfied "fair trade". His next plan is to make boots, as he currently blacks out the name on his boots because he won't advertise companies that are unethical in his opinion. He mentioned that he got into trouble at the Force for refusing to promote companies he doesn't believe behave ethically in the supply chain.

He is a remarkable human being and the ARU should be getting behind him and making him the main ambassador of the game in Australia. You don't have to support all his ideas to appreciate his genuine concern for society.

I will throw up a link to the podcast when I find it.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I usually dislike Hack but great to see Poey out there - you're right he is the best ambassador the game could have by far

Status
Not open for further replies.