• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G-78-XV-V

For Joeys 8. O'Donahue is out for a week at least (concussion) and 5. Schwager could miss the rest of the season (leg).
I was under the impression that concussion was mandatory 3 weeks, or is that only in the juniors?

G

G-78-XV-V

I do hope that the implementation of a premiership for the 3rds doesn't tempt any school to be the first to win all three grades, therefore possibly encouraging even more creative fee structures in an effort to secure depth through all the three grades.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was under the impression that concussion was mandatory 3 weeks, or is that only in the juniors?

That was not official - it was from a student; so take it with a grain of salt. He has also broken his nose, again.

I should have put that disclaimer in originally - or better still: not mentioned it at all.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
For Joeys 8. O'Donahue is out for a week at least (concussion) and 5. Schwager could miss the rest of the season (leg).

That's unlucky for the boys concerned - all the best to them! Who gets the gig at 5.? Is Jono Hardy in the frame? Cheers, Wreckless

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
View Line Up:
1. J.Bowditch
2. H.Fotukava
3. N.Kelly
4. H.Rorke
5. S.Martin
6. J.Dempsey
7. X.May
8. B.Hunt
9. M.Kennedy
10. A.Lyons
11. S.Mete
12. M.Whitely
13. J.Redden
14. B.Freeman
15. J.Robertson

Whiteley move to centre due to Sam Burgess injury. I think he is very capable of fitting in and dominating this position. Mete new winger, fastest in GPS rugby and will make a huge impact one to keep an eye on if you can keep up.

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Whiteley move to centre due to Sam Burgess injury. I think he is very capable of fitting in and dominating this position. Mete new winger, fastest in GPS rugby and will make a huge impact one to keep an eye on if you can keep up.

Is this definite? If so will have a large impact in the game?
What happen to Burgess?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The implication is that View are going to play it in the forwards and try to shut down the Scots backline.....Whitely will be looking to take Horwitz or Stewart out from View's set plays

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys
1. Tom Robertson
2. Ben Carolan
3. Matt Sandell
4. Ollie Bartlett
5. Paddy O'Brien
6. Jackson Watts
7. Tom Murphy
8. James Goldie
9. Pat Curtain
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Alex Newsome
12. Alex Pay
13. Sam Barclay
14. Josh Wilde
15. Josh Kay

Changes come with the injuries to O'Donohue and Schwager. Cant be certain on who will play where between O'Brien, Watts and Goldie but i suspect thats where they will be playing. Heard news that Lussick will be at 10 and Milne at 14 can anyone confirm ?

H

HarveyColon

the tallest man alive in 1735 was called paddy o'brien......true story

THE REF 94

Frank Nicholson (4)
My Predictions

Riverview vs. Scots.
As both teams are yet to play Newington of Kings, and Shore looks like causing trouble, a loss is a huge setback for each of their premiership hopes. From what I hear Scots forwards stepped up last week. Whilst they are certainly one of the weaker packs in the competition, they are still able to secure ball. Whilst they won't make many metres in the pick and drive, all the Scots pack needs to do in offence today is secure their own ball at the breakdown and the set piece. This will give Horwitz room to move the View forwards around the pitch with a smart kicking game, and work the inside channel through Stewart and Kellaway. The question is can Scots defend?

Having said all that, I think Riverview is up for this in their first major home game of the competition. Their big 3, Whiteley, Rorke and Dempsey haven't played badly, but are certainly yet to play their best. They've been heavily criticised after the Joey's game, and i'm keen to hear them step up this week against Scots. I think they'll be able to contain Scots in defence. I watched the youtube video of their tries. One was a strip and the other two, whilst great individual efforts, could easily have been stopped by a good tackle.
Riverview to come back into the mix for a joint premiership after being fresh of the match against Grammar and beat Scots by 10 points. However I'm always worried when tipping against Scots because you never know when Stewart, Kellaway and Horwitz will click and score a hot of tries.

Newington vs. Joeys
Newington for me have been premiership favourites since day 1. I agree that there is a high chance of a joint-premiership, but the only school I haven't seen play yet is Riverview, and I think that Newington has been by far the best i've seen play this year. Their forwards are relentless, and Moeroa, Milne & Vlahos seem to always beat the 1st tackle. To be honest I was surprised that everyone rated Joeys so highly at the start of the season. A great team no doubt, but they just seem to be lacking something. Their forwards are their biggest strength, but against Newington I think they'll be outmuscled. Joeys to fight valiantly, but to fall short of expectations and lose comfortably to Newington. 30-15.

Shore vs. Grammar
I'm travelling out to this game today and I am keen to see Grammar for myself. Shore will be looking to get back into the swing of things after the bye round and an emotional win over Kings. The key for Shore is to work on their defence. Shore will want to make sure that they are not the first team to concede points against Grammar in this year's competition, mainly because their goal line defence has been found wanting against Kings in both matches and against Joeys in the trials. The forwards should dominate Grammar, but I want to see them let the backs have it when they get into good positions. The backs have good potential but are yet to realise it. If they get good ball in this game, particularly to the wings of Oldham and Buchanan-Reeks, then Shore could go into the Riverview game with a back-line full of confidence. Surely Grammar will be relishing this whether. They can score a try or two if they use the bomb and box kick effectively. Keen to see if there are a few hidden gems in the Grammar team. Nonetheless Shore to win comfortably. I'm backing Grammar to score a try as any kick can be dangerous in this weather. Shore 40-5.

Kings vs. Bye
A bye is the best thing for Kings at this stage. They can still get a joint premiership but need results to go their way. They need to regain their determination and sharpen their set pieces if they are going to go the rest of the season undefeated. A danger team for Joeys, Riverview and Scots who are yet to play them.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I couldn't make it out there today to watch them, KOB1987 your scaring me!

However, I anticipated a slow start from the Shore side. Whilst they are not the biggest of all GPS sides, I believe they are probably the most resilient, and therefore play to the levels of their opposition. No matter what you throw at them, they will not give up, and will throw it straight back at you.

The only problem with Grammar is they don't have much to throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.