• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GPSScullingChampion

Pollit - Selected for the GPS under 16s Side Rugby. i have heard he has been involved with vigerous training with the AIS. A talented boy, 6 foot 3, 90kgs. an erg score in the low 6s is quite possible for a talented athlete as such

Firstly, everyone who does rowing is 6 foot 3, 90kgs.
Secondly, I can't really see how "talent" translates onto the ergo.
Thirdly, ergos don't float.

Nevertheless he does sound alpha and it will be interesting to see how he contributes.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Aus mens 8+ 2006 = 4th
aus mens 8+ 2007 = 8th
aus mens eight beijeing = 6th
joeys 2010 = 7th
joeys 2011 = 6th
joeys 2012 = 6th

fired from canada brother, dont trust the internet. trust performance.

joeys have always had rugby players who row, never any real talent

N

notevenskuxbrah

just heard there has been some controversy in the kings boatshed.

former 'ejector seat' occupier and this seasons C.O.B at kings is currently having kind words with the school about becoming the 1st VIII coach, because he believes he has all the necessary qualifications and experience it requires to take the once formidable boat shed back to the top. I cant say i agree with his approach though.

with that said, i believe shore will take it out once again. they may not be the biggest of boys, but they have a lot of talent, firepower and experience returning again this year, good luck to anybody competing against them.

G

GPSScullingChampion

im sorry but its not. all members of the shore 1st 8 this year pulled under 6:26. combine that with their weight and youre looking at a quick boat. 6:50 would put him in the 1st 4

But I trained all year and was proud when I got my time down to 7:10 :(
So was 6:26 the worst for the shore 1st 8 this year?

N

notevenskuxbrah

But I trained all year and was proud when I got my time down to 7:10 :(
So was 6:26 the worst for the shore 1st 8 this year?

not bad if youre 50 kilos, but if you want to make the shore 8 you will get pushed to at least the 20s

G

GPSScullingChampion

not bad if youre 50 kilos, but if you want to make the shore 8 you will get pushed to at least the 20s

Honestly I thought the Shore times would have been much better considering their competition for seats, training etc.
Apparently the New 8 last year all had ergos of around 6 - quite impressive if you ignore the fact they were all about 95kg

R

Regina George

I glanced the name Tibbertsma before but I can't find the post... Will there be another Tibbestma going for the Rennie this year? Has the name become a View dynasty?

N

notevenskuxbrah

being 95 kilos is something you cant ignore in rowing though. the heaviest from the shore 8 this year was 89 kilos with the lightest being 74. i dont think scores of around 6:00 for a couple of blokes on an erg are going to help if more than half your crew is over 90 kilos. remembering that its not all about how hard you pull.

#jamesdavies.

N

notevenskuxbrah

I glanced the name Tibbertsma before but I can't find the post. Will there be another Tibbestma going for the Rennie this year? Has the name become a View dynasty?
alas, there will be none this year like the great tibbs1er. but he will forever be in our hearts and our minds(and our chapels windows) here at the fine institution that is riverview.

Status
Not open for further replies.