• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

themightygash

Newington senior squad hasn't got a man over 90kg. Yes Shore is looking good although do you really think that these north shore boys will be able to move away in the third 500 when its neck-and-neck? Times have changed, Shore isn't as tough as they used to be.

I don't think being able to sprint under 11 seconds is gonna help much in the 3rd 500 either. Newington won't win, give it to shore or THE PROUD SCOTS COLLEGE SCOTS TO THE FORE SCOTS TO THE FORE SCOOOOOTS TO THE FORE

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Out of interest, what kind of training schedule are we looking at for the average GPS first VIII?

T

TheAustrianSchnitzelhaus

Your looking at about 10 - 14 sessions a week Brycey, 10 being minimum for a First VIII. Have to agree with you there gash, Newington can shove there 100m athletes, because last time i checked, rowing's over 2k's

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
to be honest AustiranSchnit and the gash, GPS Stroke said nothing about under 11 seconds. From what i have heard, non of the athletes that are part of the newington boat shed run close to the. Robberton has had some good times but never broken the 11 mark, not even close. Shore still to win, but Newington may have a shove

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
let the parramatta river waters ripple some more gentlemen, this season is red-hot and some say could be somewhat similar to the GPS rugby competition having the favourites being beaten and the supposed underdogs taking charge and securing the title.

my pick

Newington - new coaches, new boats, 150th year and a S**T load of pressure.

C

Carbs King

yes but you can have all the facilities, coaching and boats that you want, but is there any talent at Newington for the 2013 season?

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
im picking shore. the amount of boys returning from the VIII last year will really help them. I believe newington boys pressure could possibly overwhelm them, but GPSrow, it will be a red hot, aggressive season

S

sportsaddict

Newington has no Hope in hell. Simon running the program yet again well cause problems and under performance. Shore to win 1st and 2nd 8s convincingly, fight for the minor positions.Jennings coaching is to strong

C

Carbs King

Most schools looking red hot I agree with the GPS rower. Too early to be having favorites though. I have a feeling that Shore will be having a run for their money this year. Also have to consider the results of the juniors where Kings nearly had a clean sweep of 1st, 2nd & 3rd Junior coming 1st & with 4th Junior coming close second. I don't deny it that Shore will definitely be a force to be reckoned with and possibly Scots from their result from last year but it is just too presumptuous to be having an unbeatable favorite this early in the season.

G

gilbert15

I really can't see kings being a threat. It's the same every year, yes they are big fit boys but they just can't row a solid middle thousand. And their second viii consistently beats their first viii in the preseason which results in the classic kings 'musical chairs' in an attempt to rectify the situation.

so true, great summary.........I've also since learnt that 3 or 4 of the all conquering yr10 VIII of 2011 won't be returning, that's gotta hurt !!

C

Carbs King

gilbert15 I thank you for your contribution but I'd appreciate it if you got your facts straight. As for the 'all conquering' Jnr VIII leaving all other crews for dead by more than five boat lengths, I'll give you the thumbs up for that fun fact of the day!

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington has some talented scullers in their current squad and i believe if they can take their competence in the 1xs into the 8+ then Shore should be very worried. Rumours around TKS mention Harrison Jones moving to Barker College on a rugby scholarship, any truth behind this?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Newington has some talented scullers in their current squad and i believe if they can take their competence in the 1xs into the 8+ then Shore should be very worried. Rumours around TKS mention Harrison Jones moving to Barker College on a rugby scholarship, any truth behind this?
He's going to Barker

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
I think that riverview are the massive underdogs of this competition. I haven't seen them get mentioned once on this forum and i know the history is poor, but this crop of boys this year are the strongest in years. They have already been training as a squad of around 12 all winter and they look they are ready to break the drought of head of the river's.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They've been promising for 37 years - but their longest drought was 55, I think: so no need for alarm yet

Edit: sorry, overcooked it, 51

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
They've been promising for 37 years - but their longest drought was 55, I think: so no need for alarm yet

Edit: sorry, overcooked it, 51
and yet there boat shed is on there doorstep........are they too busy waiting for clear and crisp water???? unlike schools as Newington, SHS, Scots, Shore, Grammar and Kings to an extent who have to travel through Sydney traffic and finally row through whatever conditions they face and whatever wash Sydney ferries can throw at them. Riverview and Joeys should be by far odds on favourite every year and in each crew equally, but unfortunately the results don't seem to show (there are very promising results in the quads though)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's weird. Inexplicable.
I'll forgive joeys a little: Tarban creek doesn't give them much before theyre out onto the wild and woolly parramatta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.