• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sorting out the First XV by hiring in Consultant coaches will not solve any problems, it will only serve to hide the root causes.
If Consultants are going to be hired, they need to come in with a plan for all teams down to the U13F's.
If Rugby'R'Us are not going to provide coaching support to all those teams for both training and gameday, then they must also come in with a plan to upskill the existing coaching staff at the School, so the basics can be taught (catch, pass, kick, tackle), and game plans introduced.
This should be supplemented by existing ARU/NSWRU Smart Rugby, Foundation and Level 2 Coaching courses for the School staff involced in the Rugby programme.
There should be a clear pathway, and consistency for the kids in the rugby programme from the Under 13F's to the 1st XV. Everyone on the same sheet of music.
Focus on individual skill development, then small group skill development and strategy, finally Team strategy and skills.

This approach is not too dissimilar to most education models so the various Headmasters and school teachers should not be too opposed to implementing such. Staggers me that they can't/won't implement such. Is the lack of resources the issue at SGS, or lack of will?

If you are not going to acquire the cattle, as per some models, then you have to develop your own cattle.

If the cattle are not ready to sit HSC, then either apply the resources to the cattle to bring them up to the level to perform at the HSC or find another qualification more suited to the standard fo the cattle you have.

Lets be serious here, Grammar don't go down to the F's

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The post was not specific to Grammar. It is a one size fits all post.

Same principles apply regardless of School or Sporting association, whether they be in ISA, CAS, GPS, CHS, AICES, CHS or CCC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
By all accounts he didn't get to see much pill in the recent 100-0 walkover.

Maybe he is happy to be back in the dirt trackers where there is a good chance he may reacquaint a Gilbert with the tryline.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
What is the Kings 1sts backline looking like for Saturday?

I assume that Foketi is out with his jaw injury? What about Tulloch, is he playing? If he's out and Jones is in the 4ths that puts a big hole in their attack against Joeys.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
He is having a rough trot at the moment. By all accounts he's not seeing any ball at Kings, he got dropped from the Australian Schoolboys and now Kings have dropped him. This guy is a real talent as anyone who has seen him play would know. I just wonder if there's more to all this than we are hearing?

I have posted before - he dotted down twice in a really good, tight game against Canterbury in the major semi! Nothing wrong with his ball sense or "feel" for the game!

Unfortunately Canterbury don't get to address their 38 - 34 loss as they lost the elimination final on Sunday ( convincingly! ) to Harbord!

I would just like to wish all the boys ( young men! ) playing in Sundays' Open A's all the best - enjoy the day, win or lose! GF's don't come around as often as we think!

Cheers, Wreckless :)

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Sounds like Kings are applying their values of "a school committed to the development of good character and those values that are consistent with a caring, Christian community" [from their website].

Another school trying to "own" students when the student has a strong sense of community and loyalty. Go Newport!

Go Harbord Harlequins! :), maybe someone could post the result - or is there a separate thread for this?

Cheers, Wreckless

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Parents "own" children not schools, even if the schools or the old boys are covering the fees.

With many Jarses playing footy at all sorts of levels, The Jarses will dictate where La Jarse and I will be and what game we will attend and where, and when not some bloody rugby master with a power craze. We pay fees, we determine where and when and if it doesn't suit the family then so be it. The family will always come first, and education/sports second.

When Grandma Jarse passes on, the school Jarses will be removed from school for the funeral, full stop.

Our loyalty's are to ourselves and our community first. Education is a means to the end, not an end in it's own right.

It upsets me greatly when families submit to schools rather than their community.

Edit: Grammar

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Parents "own" children not schools, even if the schools or the old boys are covering the fees.

With many Jarses playing footy at all sorts of levels, The Jarses will dictate where La Jarse and me will be and what game we will attend and where, and when not some bloody rugby master with a power craze. We pay fees, we determine where and when and if it doesn't suit the family then so be it. The family will always come first, and education/sports second.

When Grandma Jarse passes on, the school Jarses will be removed from school for the funeral, full stop.

Our loyalty's are to ourselves and our community first. Education is a means to the end, not an end in it's own right.

It upsets me greatly when families submit to schools rather than their community.

There is a line between the good of the "team", in this case the school, and the interests of the individual.
Learning about that difference and making sacrifices for the good of the team is part of the learning process in rugby, and is part of the reason that no matter what academic principles a school may have, rugby remains a legitimate part of the education process, in my opinion, and justifies the time and effort of all who are learning or who would wish to educate.
So I recognize that there may be times when what the family thinks/wants should take a backseat to what the team wants/needs.
However, at the end of the day, right or wrong, the family has the final say on what will or won't happen and always will.
This is slightly different, of course,because this is not about preferring to pursue his own interests it is about helping a different team of which he sound like he has been an integral part for more than half his life! Given the religious foundations of TKS I wonder if he would be allowed to worship in a different faith, in his own time.
The idea that a school can dictate what a kid will do on his one day per week off by punishing him is more like something you would see in professional sport: remembering that in this case the money flow is reversed!
My only reservation in condemning the schools heavy handedness is to know whether there is some type of undertaking signed when enrolling the kid which might give the school the "right" to make a demand that a kid not play a sport outside school. 'View, the last time I checked, express a policy on their website about rugby being played outside the school, but unless the parent signed something to bind the kid to that policy it's effect would be questionable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.