• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Why has everyone forgotten about Ipswich?
They are currently ahead of TSS and on equal points with BGS.
With a bye to come? Nudgee has their bye to come aswell but they have only gone down once this season unlike Ippy.
BGS and NC are the only teams to go through this season with only one loss. TSS and Ippy are 2 points behind.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Why has everyone forgotten about Ipswich?
They are currently ahead of TSS and on equal points with BGS.
If BGS beat GT next week then there is no feasible way of IGS winning the premiership. If BGS don't beat GT next week then IGS still tie for the premership with the winner of BGS v NC. (This is assuming they beat ACGS next week)

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
If BGS beat GT next week then there is no feasible way of IGS winning the premiership. If BGS don't beat GT next week then IGS still tie for the premership with the winner of BGS v NC. (This is assuming they beat ACGS next week)
If BGS lose to GT and beat NC then yes there could be a 4 way tie as I understand it.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Why do terrace think they can beat Grammar? All you nohopes said Terrace were going to give NC a run for their money... nek minute...
Just do us all a favour and keep it to yourself. Statistically Terrace has a very little chance, the only way they could come away with a win is by sheer luck on the day.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
After seeing the footage of the tries from round 6, I am puzzled as to why people think that it was a late shot on Sam Greene. Not even close, clearly goes in for the chargedown. What was more dirty was the shot on 10 (Eason?) by grammar after the try was scored

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Rnd 7
1st: BGS 26 d TSS 23; IGS 31 d BBC 18; NC 22 d TGS 19; ACGS 13 d GT 12

16A: TSS 15 d BGS 14; IGS 41 d BBC 7; TGS 19 v NC 19; ACGS 11 d GT 3

15A: TSS 14 d BGS 0; IGS 37 d BBC 5; NC 17 d TGS 0; ACGS 16 d GT 11

14A: BGS 31 d TSS 5; IGS 27 d BBC 14; NC 33 d TGS 17; ACGS 10 d GT 10

13A: TSS 40 d BGS 38; IGS 56 d BBC 6; TGS 7 d NC 0; GT 12 d ACGS 10

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
I got 4 from 4 and IGS did beat BBC by 13, so please don't try to tell me what's right.
Hey big guy - easy.
Very good you got it right but everyone is entiled to an opinion.
BGS have proved themselves this week - impressive.
You haven't.
Until next week!
Ha.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
Would anyone be able to provide a team list for BGS today? Would be good to match a couple of numbers to names from today's performance.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
After seeing the footage of the tries from round 6, I am puzzled as to why people think that it was a late shot on Sam Greene. Not even close, clearly goes in for the chargedown. What was more dirty was the shot on 10 (Eason?) by grammar after the try was scored

I originally thought it was fair, but after watching the video a bunch more times form the perspective that Darcy was 'trying to hit Greene'. It looks a lot more believable, He barely throws his arms up, he jumps right into the direction of Greene, knees directed at him, and was a fair distance from ball.
It deffinatly wasn't a late tackle, but it was an excuse to connect with Greene. Surely if you have played rugby before may have attempted to charge down a kick, I personally have, and i would have had to go out of my way to hit the player instead of the ball.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Would anyone be able to provide a team list for BGS today? Would be good to match a couple of numbers to names from today's performance.

1 - Cody BlackHurst
2 - Alistair Harper
3 - Anthony Fatseas
4 - Ben Muller
5 - Dalton Cox
6 - Michael Gilbert
7 - Patrick Morrey
8 - Jack Cornelson (vc)
9 - Samuel Burke
10 - Sam Greene (c)
11 - Lewis Radford
12 - Lakehm Aiono
13 - Joshua Birch
14 - Matt Marsden
15 - Hugo Starr-thomas

T

tubbaGOD

1 - Cody BlackHurst
2 - Alistair Harper
3 - Anthony Fatseas
4 - Ben Muller
5 - Dalton Cox
6 - Michael Gilbert
7 - Patrick Morrey
8 - Jack Cornelson (vc)
9 - Samuel Burke
10 - Sam Greene (c)
11 - Lewis Radford
12 - Lakehm Aiono
13 - Joshua Birch
14 - Hugo Starr-thomas
15 - Matt Marsden

Matt Marsden was 14 and Hugo Starr-Thomas 15

gpsrugby2012

Stan Wickham (3)
Anybody have any injury reports from all of the teams? I'm expecting Grammar to win against Terrace, although it won't be easy by any means. The Spring Hill rivalry proves to be a tough battle where past statistics don't necessarily match up to game-day performances. A strong Grammar outfit should not underestimate this seemingly mediocre Terrace team. Also, any thoughts on NC with the notion of the bye leading up to the probable premiership decider? Will the bye be beneficial or not? I've heard that the shift in momentum can be detrimental and Grammar coming off a good win (assumed) will surely have a good rhythm in place for their ultimate battle on Ross Oval. Just some thoughts, obviously you'd expect that the bye would be good as NC could regain injured players and prepare extensively for the final round, but who knows?

T

tightfive

Congratulations to both BGS and TSS teams today. A Physical, skillful and memorable match. Great respect shown by both supporter groups and in stark contrast to the Churchie v Grammar match last week, you could have heard a pin drop when either side lined up a kick. Rugby was the winner on the day!

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Whilst Grammar certainly deserve all the accolades for their performance- not only today, but throughout the season- they can't get complacent. Last time that happened they lost to IGS. Terrace won't be the force that IGS, TSS or NC is, but they shouldn't be disregarded, especially at Tennyson.

T

tightfive

TSS v BGS will be a very good contest. Greene's boot is an advantage.... The game will probably come come down to ball control and not conceding penalties.

Do you have a crystal ball mbw?

D

_dark

Only two teams have come off the back of a bye to win, TGS and TSS. Even the half-favourites BGS lost off their bye. Could this be trouble for Nudgee or will they hold it together?

Status
Not open for further replies.