• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

uno

Bob McCowan (2)
there is a #9 from the sunshine coast and the #15 from met north who stood out at the u15s state titles.

B

BOLO_lol

1. ?
2. Mafi (Nudgee)
3. Leleisuao (Nudgee)
4. Stavropoulos (Iona)
5. Laxon (Terrace)
6. Naupoto (State High)
7. Rodwell (Nudgee)
8. Sitanilei (Terrace)
9. Halliday (Grammar)
10. Tuttle (Nudgee)
11. Enoch (peters)
12. Sipaea (not sure what school)
13. Schafer (churchie)
14. Pereira (state high)
15. Bennett (Peters)

Who are #4,6 and 12?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Are there any other 8's in the 16's? Sitanilei is a good impact player and should be able to dominate opposition in Under 16's.

Laxon has been out for a while with a hand injury, would be surprised if he made the Red side.

Fowler would also be a contender for the 9 jersey, as would McNamee for the 7.

B

BOLO_lol

Are there any other 8's in the 16's? Sitanilei is a good impact player and should be able to dominate opposition in Under 16's.

Laxon has been out for a while with a hand injury, would be surprised if he made the Red side.

Fowler would also be a contender for the 9 jersey, as would McNamee for the 7.

Jamason has a shot at 8 with rodwell playing at either 6 or 7? Also Richie Asiata is a lethal ball runner and knows how to hurt people in defence. Very versatile, plays hooker but is best known for his efforts at 8

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Teams have been announced.

Team lists are here:
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Reds/FutureReds/QueenslandUnder16TeamSelection.aspx

Good luck to the boys selected.

To the unsuccessful trialists, keep working hard and give the Opens a go.

QLD Red Squad
Name, School, Club (where listed)
Alex MAFI, Nudgee College
Bronson TAUAKLPULU, Brisbane Boys College, Kenmore
Calvin PRITCHARD, Nudgee College
Dalton COX, Brisbane Grammar School, Ashgrove GPS
Daniel SITANELEI, Gregory Terrace, Sunnybank
Fergus HALLIDAY, Brisbane Grammar School, Ashgrove GPS
Fred DORROUGH, The Southport School, Surfers Paradise
Harley FOX, St Edmunds College,
Henry DEVINE, Marist College Ashgrove, Ashgrove GPS
Isaac NATHAN, The Southport School,
Jamason SCHULTZ, Ipswich Grammar School, Ipswich Rangers
James TUTTLE, Nudgee College, Brothers
Jayden RODWELL, Nudgee College,
Josh ROBINSON, Toowoomba Grammar School
Liam JURD, Toowoomba Grammar School, USQ Saints Toowoomba
Lindsay COLLINS, Padua College
Mack MASON, Downlands College, Highfield Redbacks
Maclean JONES, Nudgee College
Paulo LELEISIUAO, Nudgee College
Richie ASIATA, John Paul College, Sunnybank
Robert GREEN, Gregory Terrace, Sunnybank
Toby MCNAMEE, Gregory Terrace, Easts
Tyrone HUSSEY, Nudgee College

Coach, Jason GILMORE
Assistant Coach, Anthony CONNELLAN
Assistant Coach, Lachlan PARKINSON
Team Manager, Ben LOWRIE

QLD White Squad
Ben LAXON, Gregory Terrace, Brothers
Christon MAHANGA, Sunnybank SHS, Sunnybank
Dan FORSYTH, Brisbane Grammar School
Darcy MAROSKE, Toowoomba Grammar School
Dylan LEYLAND, Canterbury College, Beaudesert
Eli PILZ, Coolum SHS, Noosa
Gavin LUKA, Keebra Park SHS, Helensvale
Harry WATHEN, Toowoomba Grammar School
Izaiah PERESE, St Edmunds College
Jacob PENESI, Nudgee College
James MCCOLL, Toowoomba Grammar School
Jeremy SKELTON, St Patricks College, Norths
Joel BROWN, The Southport School, Gold Coast Eagles
Kareem TUUGA, Palm Beach Currumbin SHS, Palm Beach Currumbin
Matt CHONG-NEE, Downlands College, Toowoomba Bears
Matt MARSDEN, Brisbane Grammar School, Ashgrove GPS
Mitch O'HARA, Toowoomba Grammar School, USQ Saints
Moses SOROVI, St Peters Lutheran College, Ashgrove GPS
Nathan RUSSELL, Brisbane Boys College, Kenmore Centenary
PJ. VANDENBERG, The Southport School
Samuel HICKS, St Columbians College, Brothers
Stuart MCCREIGHT, Brisbane Grammar School, Albany Creek GPS
Trey KEMP, Brisbane Grammar School

Coach, Michael LUCAS
Assistant Coach, Tim SAMPSON
Assistant Coach, Rob DONAGHUE
Team Manager, Michael GRICE

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
By by reckoning, five players selected from outside the original squad(s) named to trial. Why does this happen? I do not recognise these new names, are they from the u15 age group?

Congrats to the boys selected and best wishes for a great tournament.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
By my count (numbers may be off), the boys from GPS are:
ACGS-0
BGS-6
BSHS-0
BBC-3
IGS-1
NC-8
GT-4
TGS-6
TSS-4

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
By my count (numbers may be off), the boys from GPS are:
ACGS-0
BGS-6
BSHS-0
BBC-3
IGS-1
NC-8
GT-4
TGS-6
TSS-4

Probably a good indicator of the First XV ladder next year.

31 GPS players and only 6 AIC players out of the 46 selections.

Also found out why some of the players were not on the trial list. They were already on rep duties playing rugby league for QLD. It also looks as though one of the those players has switched from a SHS to Nudgee College after he was selected for the QRL rep team.

T

tubbaGOD

By by reckoning, five players selected from outside the original squad(s) named to trial. Why does this happen? I do not recognise these new names, are they from the u15 age group?

Congrats to the boys selected and best wishes for a great tournament.

Dark Shark one of those boys not selected in the trial squad is Dan Forsyth (BGS). His recent form at both 10 and 15 for the 16A's is a possible reason for his late inclusion into the White side. In the last 2 rounds he showed exceptional skill, notably scoring an excellent 70m solo try against ACGS and has held the weakened side together for throughout the season. Is it possible this is also the reason for other players?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Dark Shark one of those boys not selected in the trial squad is Dan Forsyth (BGS). His recent form at both 10 and 15 for the 16A's is a possible reason for his late inclusion into the White side. In the last 2 rounds he showed exceptional skill, notably scoring an excellent 70m solo try against ACGS and has held the weakened side together for throughout the season. Is it possible this is also the reason for other players?

Thanks TubbaGOD. Just saw the selection criteria was revised last week and the GPS players were not required to trial and their selection was based on selectors viewing live or by tape the last couple of gps competition games. Hence, the ability to see other players outside the original trial squad. Congrats to Dan Forsyth and great reward for breaking through.

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Probably a good indicator of the First XV ladder next year.

31 GPS players and only 6 AIC players out of the 46 selections.

Also found out why some of the players were not on the trial list. They were already on rep duties playing rugby league for QLD. It also looks as though one of the those players has switched from a SHS to Nudgee College after he was selected for the QRL rep team.
What QLD rugby league competition was that? Thought rugby league rep games were all finished.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
What QLD rugby league competition was that? Thought rugby league rep games were all finished.

Tripod, I was probably a bit lazy on that one. I saw they were selected in the Qld league side around June or thereabouts and just assumed the interstate game was in July or August, hence not being named in the trial squad. I am really not sure when they did compete or what reason they were exempted from trialling.

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Tripod, I was probably a bit lazy on that one. I saw they were selected in the Qld league side around June or thereabouts and just assumed the interstate game was in July or August, hence not being named in the trial squad. I am really not sure when they did compete or what reason they were exempted from trialling.
no worries, I was just curious

P

ProneBone613

Anyone know when the under 15 national gold or junior gold squad gets announced from the state titles a few weeks ago?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Anyone know when the under 15 national gold or junior gold squad gets announced from the state titles a few weeks ago?

Over past couple of years the selections have not been published to my knowledge. Usually find out some of the selections by word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.