• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Personally I see Radford as some what of a liability for BGS. He has an AFL frame of mind, especially when receiving kicks, which means there is more chance of the ball going to ground. Also, his defence is very very suspect and coming up against someone such as Tenakanai this would be visible to a blind man. If anything, this will help the team. Apart from the first round against BSHS, Radford's input has been minimal and his physicality has been appalling. Laud/Kemp/Forsyth (if those are the main 3 candidates) will hopefully step up to the plate. Every other fixture will be lacking crowd numbers with a game like this.
I'm not too sure about why BGS put Forsyth in the team v GT above the likes of Zac Laud when he has no experience in the Firsts. Sure, he played some great games in the 16 A's and has the speed, but he, unlike Marsden, doesn't make up for his size in defense. I kept hoping every time the ball came to his wing that there would be a bigger back come help him out, and sure enough, they delivered. Terrace seemed like they missed a massive gap made by this cover defense about 3 times. Forsyth will really have to step up if he plays against NC.

D

_dark

I'm not too sure about why BGS put Forsyth in the team v GT above the likes of Zac Laud when he has no experience in the Firsts. Sure, he played some great games in the 16 A's and has the speed, but he, unlike Marsden, doesn't make up for his size in defense. I kept hoping every time the ball came to his wing that there would be a bigger back come help him out, and sure enough, they delivered. Terrace seemed like they missed a massive gap made by this cover defense about 3 times. Forsyth will really have to step up if he plays against NC.

Did he have any strong runs yesterday? Many mistakes?

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Do you guys not see that putting Forsyth in the 1st XV was a coaches decision to give him some experience for next year? It was BGS vs GT and it was Grammar's last push over game before the end of the season. I'm sure if Lewis is out next week the coaches will put Trey Kemp or Zac Laud in as winger for their added defence and increased experience. It would be unwise to have an U/16 player with little to no first XV experience play the biggest game of the year even if he did pull his weight. Props to Dan however as he played well on the wing, he might not have stood out and maybe, as you say 'been worrying at times' but he certainly didn't let grammar down and/or make silly decisions.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Did he have any strong runs yesterday? Many mistakes?
From what I saw no real big errors but he lacked the flair which he had in all the games I've seen him play before. Seemed too absorbed in the spotlight but didn't make any real problems. He let a ball bounce which ultimately led to what I think was the GT try as he was isolated. Can't blame this on him but just something which I noticed with his lack of experience in the team. His team mates should have been supporting him at the ruck.

T

tubbaGOD

WebbEllis I think you are being a tad critial of Forsyth. For his debut at first XV level i personally thought he stepped up to the plate and performed very well. He ran the ball hard and drew defenders to put cornelson through for a try and held his own in defense (a very good chop on the terrace 8). Granted, he made a few errors but on a whole played no better or worse than the majority of the grammar team. Looking forward to a lethal Forsyth/Marsden/Kemp back three combination in 2013.

D

_dark

You are either the most deficient spectator of rugby or you have no idea what you are talking about. Radford was a hot favorite for Queensland schools before injury and is easily one of the best players in the comp. I have no idea what you mean by 'suspect' but i can tell you he is one of the better defending wingers in the GPS. His ability under high balls is phenomenal and this combined with a solid kicking game is in no way a liability. I feel for him if he misses the final match as he deserves all of the accolades on offer after 2 brilliant years of First XV rugby for BGS.

This is ridiculously biased... I was actually looking forward to seeing him up against Tenakanai, just to see how much of a fool he would be made of. Like I said before, his physicality has been appalling. Kemp or Laud will take his place and perform admirably.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
This is ridiculously biased. I was actually looking forward to seeing him up against Tenakanai, just to see how much of a fool he would be made of.
It's obvious you're the one who's biased here. Radford has had an unlucky season plagued by injuries, yet has done nothing to suggest he is in anyway a liability for BGS. He's been outstanding in attack as per usual and he definitely doesn't shy away from physical contact. After a brilliant 2011 it's a massive disappointment that Radford hasn't had the injury-free, accolade laden season many had hoped for and/or predicted.

P

Perpetual motion

This is ridiculously biased. I was actually looking forward to seeing him up against Tenakanai, just to see how much of a fool he would be made of. Like I said before, his physicality has been appalling. Kemp or Laud will take his place and perform admirably.

I've been watching Radford for five years. He is one of the best kick chasers going around and his AFL background has ensured that he is also safe under the high ball. His defence. I've seen some spectacular try saving efforts over the years. I certainly wouldn't rate his defence as suspect, unlike your appraisal of him.

It's a great shame that he'll miss "the final"; both for him and grammar rugby.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Hope BGS take it out this year. Its good for GPS, change the monopoly.[/quote]

BGS has been starved of a premiership for a good 20 or so years, I like it that way. Im sure im not the only person that has no association with grammar or nudgee rooting for the men in the blue and white butcher stripes.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Dude, everyone goes for the underdog. everyone!

haha mate, believe me i think it'd be great for the competition for a school like grammar or bbc who haven't won in ages to win a premiership against the big puppies. It's just i love them being denied each year and let the drought wither the crops.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
haha mate, believe me i think it'd be great for the competition for a school like grammar or bbc who haven't won in ages to win a premiership against the big puppies. It's just i love them being denied each year and let the drought wither the crops.
some people just want to watch the world burn....

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC have only won once and that was in a 3 way tie.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I've been watching Radford for five years. He is one of the best kick chasers going around and his AFL background has ensured that he is also safe under the high ball. His defence. I've seen some spectacular try saving efforts over the years. I certainly wouldn't rate his defence as suspect, unlike your appraisal of him.

It's a great shame that he'll miss "the final"; both for him and grammar rugby.
Completely agree, from the games I've seen him play he has made outstanding tackles for people who weigh a good 30 kg heavier than him. I'd like to add that what I think is his biggest asset is his outstanding speed. On any given day where he plays a full game, he makes 2 or 3 runs down the wing for at least 20 metres. I will certainly miss seeing these runs and the boost he gives the team if indeed he is injured for the NC game. Such bad luck for Grammar leading up to the crucial game of the season, Lewis would be one great player with his great agility and speed facing up to some big Nudgee boys - let's hope his injury isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.