• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteblue95

Stan Wickham (3)
Its a bit worrying to see the amount of players in the firsts for BBC in the 16's age group who are on scholarships when meanwhile their 16a's loose by 15+ points each game. Also its hard not to tip this years premiers to not be favourites for next year although that being said, its how you interpret the importance of Greene.
greene cornelson blackhurst birch

i dont think anyone will refute that they are their four best players. all in grade 12

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
the 10, 12, 13. any of them there next year for terrace? had some serious game

they were a great 3 together yesterday but unfortunately only the 13 is in year 11. James Dalgleish who played 12 yesterday is the best 10 in the competition i think apart from Greene who only scraps through from his kicking.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
they were a great 3 together yesterday but unfortunately only the 13 is in year 11. James Dalgleish who played 12 yesterday is the best 10 in the competition i think apart from Greene who only scraps through from his kicking.

he was QLD 1 10 so i dont think he is an underrated or overrated player anyway

NCGPSRUGBY2012

Bob McCowan (2)
It is hard to predict the strong teams for next year, however in my opinion
the strong teams will be
Nudgee -strong u16 age group + will wont to win next year after yesterdays loss so will be a few new faces i presume
TSS- Premiers in u16
BBC- Junior, Conrad Quick to name a few, if they go through without a serious injury they are my tip to win. (I beleive they would have come vary close to winning if not actually winning if they had no injuries)
Terrace- Strong representation in the firsts this year + have done some heavy recruiting in u14-u16. ( This is not just something i have heard, 2 of the new players brothers play in my younger brothers team and their mothers told us a few weeks back)
Churchie- Will no doubt want to make up for their disaster season + have the likes of Nigel and grade 11 flanker (not sure of name) and will do some further recruiting.

Middle
BSHS- Strong u16 age group however will be hard to rebound from this years season in the space of a year but maybe in 2 or 3 (look at BGS for example)
TGS- Relativly strong u16 + expect to do some recruiting

Lower
IGS- Have not heard much but apparently not a very strong u16 or u15 age group
BGS- relatively strong u16 from what i have heard however a weak u15 this year

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
greene cornelson blackhurst birch

i dont think anyone will refute that they are their four best players. all in grade 12
This is forgetting the importance of four outstanding BGS year 11's. Laud had a fantastic season, Laud getting a double yesterday and scoring consistently throughout the year. Matt Marsden, well, enough said - scored the winning try numerous times for BGS. Nobody should forget however, the brilliance of Dalton Cox. His rucking was fantastic. While being taken out of the team in the end of the season, Ferg Halliday had a fantastic season.
Next year, BGS should be looking forward to:

Dalton Cox
Trey Kemp
Matt Marsden
Zac Laud
Dan Forsyth
Fergus Halliday
Micheal Murry

Non 2012 1st players
Fergus Baker
Stewart McReigh
Harry Egan
Paddy Dooley

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
the strong teams will be
Terrace- Strong representation in the firsts this year + have done some heavy recruiting in u14-u16. ( This is not just something i have heard, 2 of the new players brothers play in my younger brothers team and their mothers told us a few weeks back)
In addition to that i can confirm a number of players from state highes u15a's are moving to terrace for year 11. Hopefully one of these will conist of a dominant back with pace as i believe this is what terrace always seem to be lacking.
As for the rest of your predictions i reckon they are a fairly good estimate considering it is only the end of this season. However I would bolster bshs chances, i have watched a few of the 16a's games this season and they are a a formidable team. Although IGS do consist of a weak u15's and u16's age group they will s pull through with a near podium finish position with new recruits (they always do).

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
the strong teams will be
Nudgee -strong u16 age group + will wont to win next year after yesterdays loss so will be a few new faces i presume
TSS- Premiers in u16
BBC- Junior, Conrad Quick to name a few, if they go through without a serious injury they are my tip to win. (I beleive they would have come vary close to winning if not actually winning if they had no injuries)
Churchie- Will no doubt want to make up for their disaster season + have the likes of Nigel and grade 11 flanker (not sure of name) and will do some further recruiting.

Middle
BSHS- Strong u16 age group however will be hard to rebound from this years season in the space of a year but maybe in 2 or 3 (look at BGS for example)
TGS- Relativly strong u16 + expect to do some recruiting

Lower
IGS- Have not heard much but apparently not a very strong u16 or u15 age group
BGS- relatively strong u16 from what i have heard however a weak u15 this year

GT only have 3 kids on scholarship at the moment and these brothers kids are yet to come I wouldn't call 5 players heavy recruiting

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
When I find out the results from the NC vs BGS U13/A's I will be able to post a full ladder including For/Against for the season

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
GT only have 3 kids on scholarship at the moment and these brothers kids are yet to come I wouldn't call 5 players heavy recruiting
What happened to Mr Chapman's no scholarships rule? I heard that they just added sport to their selective entry criteria.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
What happened to Mr Chapman's no scholarships rule? I heard that they just added sport to their selective entry criteria.
Mate its been going since this year. Do you think their big no.8 Daniel Sitanilei signed up to terrace and got in this year just from a selective entry? He's buckled under pressure from 1sts 2011 season/media attention/scrutiny from old boys etc.. A bit hypocrytical yes, but as they say if you can't beat them join them.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Mate its been going since this year. Do you think their big no.8 Daniel Sitanilei signed up to terrace and got in this year just from a selective entry? He's buckled under pressure from 1sts 2011 season/media attention/scrutiny from old boys etc.. A bit hypocrytical yes, but as they say if you can't beat them join them.

Mr. Chapman went on long service leave at the end of last year and when he was gone they signed Daniel up so when he came back he couldn't send him away but I think he's okay with the idea to an extent now.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Whats the history with Greene?

I heard he started out at Churchie and left due to attitude problems , then when they beat ACGS this year the headmaster wouldnt shake his hand?
Sam took the spot of a Churchie senior in the Cricket 1st XI when he was in eighth grade and was continuously bullied from thereon in. The final straw was probably when the older boys threw him off the bridge into the river in a sack. He came to BGS as a full fee-paying student, he's no import.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Sam took the spot of a Churchie senior in the Cricket 1st XI when he was in eighth grade and was continuously bullied from thereon in. The final straw was probably when the older boys threw him off the bridge into the river in a sack. He came to BGS as a full fee-paying student, he's no import.
I heard there was stuff about being bullied because of his mum too?

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Grammar wins the premiership and churchies centenary year proves to be complete disaster. Karma truly is a beautiful thing.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Grand Final team list

1.Francois Postal - 1.Cody Blackhurst
2.Alex Mafi - 2.Alister Harper
3.Graeme Wessels - 3.Anthony Fatseas
4.Nicholas Fordyce - 4.Ben Muller
5.Aran Spelderwinde - 5.Dalton Cox
6.Jayden Rodwell - 6.Michael Gilbert
7.Henry Fitzgerald - 7.Patrick Morrey
8.Dylan Sikimeti - 8.Jack Cornelsen
9.Michael Tweedy - 9.Sam Burke
10.Paddy James - 10.Sam Greene(Capt)
11.Charles Tenakanai - 11.Zac Laud
12.Jack Tuttle(Capt) - 12.Lakehm Aiono
13.Maclean Jones - 13.Josh Birch
14.Tyrone Hussey - 14.Matt Marsden
15.James Tuttle - 15.Hugo Starr Thomas

T

tubbaGOD

Not your conterpart mate but good try.

What a stupid post. You won the premiership and yet you have to be a dick about it, where's the sportsmanship gone mate?

Have to agree, they could probably beat the All Blacks right now.

Don't be a dick about it? are you fucking serious light. From the start you said grammar weren't a chance at the premiership and now look what they have achieved. Face facts and concede defeat, churchie are useless and grammar are premiers. Eat it bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.