• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

The pressure he creates on the inside pass should be opening up gaps elsewhere, we're not finding them though.

We're not finding them because we're not looking for them. An Ioane inside ball is often followed by something like a slow forward pick and drive the wrong way, or some other inane idea.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I feel sorry for Ioane. If you are going to judge him, you have to judge him as a roving 13 because he is on the end of a crap backline. 3 tries for a crash ball 13 isn't horrible.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
^^^ I know and agree. It's been tough for him with the service he has had, he's missed the purple patch form of Quade and Will circa 2011 S15. That being said, it honestly seems like he is too bulky this year. Really he needs to be agile and deceptive and bust a fend like Cory Jane or Tamti Ellison rather than 'crash ball'. The top sides are too adept at dealing with that. It's a shame he has to revert to coming inside to do the centres job for them. He would make a great 12 if he knew how to pass (doubtful). Ma'a Nonu learnt it, maybe he can too.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If Douglas is ok I would start him over Tamani. I prefer a line out compitent lock personally. I don't like the idea of a part time lock on the bench either. Simmons may not be every bodies cup of tea but that ability to run a line out is crucial.

The lads showed a shitload of ticker last weekend so reward them all with another start with Higgers at 6.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is McCaw out? I heard he may have broken his cheekbone.
Isn't Pocock available for this game?

Going from who is supposed to be available I would pick This 22.
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.cummins 13.McCabe 12.Tapuai 11.Ioane 10 Beale 9. Phipps 8.Samo 7.Hooper 6.Higgers 5.Sharpe 4.Timani 3.Slipper 2.TPN 1.Robinson.

Res: Alexander, Fainga'a, Douglas, Gill, Sheehan, Fainga'a, Harris.

If JOC (James O'Connor) is fit Harris out, Moore fit Saia Fainga'a out, Pocock fit then Gill out.

I think Deans has Tapuai & McCabe in the wrong positions, with Higgers & Samo Staring that gives us 3 good lineout jumpers & Timani is good for the scrums so he gets the nod over Douglas.

J

Jiggles

Is McCaw out? I heard he may have broken his cheekbone.
Isn't Pocock available for this game?

Going from who is supposed to be available I would pick This 22.
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.cummins 13.McCabe 12.Tapuai 11.Ioane 10 Beale 9. Phipps 8.Samo 7.Hooper 6.Higgers 5.Sharpe 4.Timani 3.Slipper 2.TPN 1.Robinson.

Res: Alexander, Fainga'a, Douglas, Gill, Sheehan, Fainga'a, Harris.

If JOC (James O'Connor) is fit Harris out, Moore fit Saia Fainga'a out, Pocock fit then Gill out.

I think Deans has Tapuai & McCabe in the wrong positions, with Higgers & Samo Staring that gives us 3 good lineout jumpers & Timani is good for the scrums so he gets the nod over Douglas.

I don't think Alexander deserves to be dropped although it is nice that you recognise Slipper at THP, something Deans can't do.

If Shipperley is back at full fitness then he should go back onto the wing as he has better experience working with Tapuai and Ioane. He didn't do anything to warrant getting dropped and Cummins didn't do anything to take the position away from him.

W

Waylon

Rest assured the Allblacks will want to pull our pants down again and make us run naked around the oval - clean sweep

Any wallaby not up for this should be fired

national pride is on the line

I'm sick of losing to these pr1cks. The players must be as well surely?

Hansen is the most arrogant and obnoxious kiwi coach I can remember. It would be nice to stick the world record up their ass

The wallabies have been truly rubbish however. The rugby has been uninspiring, unimpressive, unimaginative, defensive, dribbly grubber kickish crap that you can hardly watch. The allblacks will display a ferocity at the breakdown and a willingness to run the ball and offload to runners and promote the football in a fashion we can only dream about from the wallabies.

The allblacks are damn good to watch. You can't take it away from them. They play the game how it should be played. They attack you with every ounce of their beings.

Lets belt them and give it right back to them. Unleash the spirits of upsets past

wing of bat and eye of neut etc

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't think Alexander deserves to be dropped although it is nice that you recognise Slipper at THP, something Deans can't do.

If Shipperley is back at full fitness then he should go back onto the wing as he has better experience working with Tapuai and Ioane. He didn't do anything to warrant getting dropped and Cummins didn't do anything to take the position away from him.

Shipperley needs to go harder at the line if I see him jog up to contact again I'll lose it. As for Alexander I think our strongest scrum is with Slipper & Robinson as starting props.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
^^^ I know and agree. It's been tough for him with the service he has had, he's missed the purple patch form of Quade and Will circa 2011 S15. That being said, it honestly seems like he is too bulky this year. Really he needs to be agile and deceptive and bust a fend like Cory Jane or Tamti Ellison rather than 'crash ball'. The top sides are too adept at dealing with that. It's a shame he has to revert to coming inside to do the centres job for them. He would make a great 12 if he knew how to pass (doubtful). Ma'a Nonu learnt it, maybe he can too.

Just home. Thoughts from the ground:

We got smashed in the tactical kicking duel. Boks were making twice the ground we were on their field kicking.
Digby has bulked up too much and has lost some spark.
Grubbers..AAArrrgghhh.
The backline never really looked brilliant. Both trys came from simple play.
Stoked to win, but not the greatest spectacle. Enjoyed it anyway.

This was my post after I got home from the Wallabies V Springboks in Perth. The first thing that struck me at the ground was that Digby had bulked up and wasn't as agile. He is carrying too much upper body muscle for a winger. They should shovel him to 13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to fullback and Shippers and Cummins on the wings.

T

TOCC

McCabe, Tapuai and Harris are essentially all 12's.. But i agree on the weekend I think Taps and McCabe would have been better off swapping positions..

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just going on from Digby looking like he bulked up, geez didn't JOC (James O'Connor) look like he spent a lot of time in Gym when he on rugby club. Not dead sure I would be wanting my backs to be to bulky, as I also tend to think they lose speed and deception.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just going on from Digby looking like he bulked up, geez didn't JOC (James O'Connor) look like he spent a lot of time in Gym when he on rugby club. Not dead sure I would be wanting my backs to be to bulky, as I also tend to think they lose speed and deception.

That was the begining of the end for Gits too. Bulked up in the upper body and lost the agility and deception he was known for. I reckon he also lost half a metre of pace as well. It might get you a gig on Swisse and Castrol adds but that much bulk aint good for a Rugby back.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Rest assured the Allblacks will want to pull our pants down again and make us run naked around the oval - clean sweep

Any wallaby not up for this should be fired

national pride is on the line

I'm sick of losing to these pr1cks. The players must be as well surely?

Hansen is the most arrogant and obnoxious kiwi coach I can remember. It would be nice to stick the world record up their ass

The wallabies have been truly rubbish however. The rugby has been uninspiring, unimpressive, unimaginative, defensive, dribbly grubber kickish crap that you can hardly watch. The allblacks will display a ferocity at the breakdown and a willingness to run the ball and offload to runners and promote the football in a fashion we can only dream about from the wallabies.

The allblacks are damn good to watch. You can't take it away from them. They play the game how it should be played. They attack you with every ounce of their beings.

Lets belt them and give it right back to them. Unleash the spirits of upsets past

wing of bat and eye of neut etc

I like your passion. Aussie needs more of you.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If JOC (James O'Connor) is fit I'd start him at 12. Put McCabe at 13 and tapuai or harris on the bench as cover.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to move back to full back, digby and cummins/shipperly to round out the back 3.

I think it is important that Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) start to form a combo at 10/12 as both could very well start in those positions come the lions tour.

In the forwards I'd start higgers and Timani and save douglas for later in the game when either sharpe or Timani get tired.

If Pococks fit I might have him on the bench, however deans might go for a 6/8 instead in order to sure up the lineout late in the game.

W

What2040

Trouble with Digby is that he just about always comes inside. Digby knows it and so does every team now. Its rare for him to hug the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.