• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richie McCaw biography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Guess we were rooted before the anyone even got to the Stadium

We heard during the week that the Aussie camp was pretty confident. ... . However accurate the rumour might have been, it was great to hear that they were confident. I don't go along with most people who say the Wallabies are more dangerous when they're confident. I reckon they're more vulnerable.

On the way to the ground on the bus, I looked out on the Great North Road part of the Fan Trail and saw a sign on one of the car yards.

I HOPE YOU'RE READY QUADE. RICHIE IS.
I wondered whether Cooper had seen it when the Aussie bus went by.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Robbie doesn't appear to want to be challenged by his assistants and won't allow the kind of full-on debate that Ted [Henry] encourages with Smith and Hansen,” McCaw wrote in a frank chapter dedicated to the Henry v Deans issue. “Robbie's approach is to say, 'This is what we're doing,' then convince people that's the way it's got to be. He's very good at that.

“But when you look at the record of Robbie's assistant coaches, there's quite a lot of turnover and fallout. Robbie's intransigence and reluctance to delegate might have been a factor…if you look at the names of some of Robbie's assistants. Colin Cooper, Vern Cotter, Don Hayes, Todd Blackadder. It's tempting to draw the conclusion that if Robbie gets a strong assistant coach, the assistant won't last, and if he gets one that lasts, he's not that strong.”

Ouch. Sounds like it can get a little toxic.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
"The Open Side" is hardly an original title. Poey released his AGES ago! Poor Richie, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

openside-cover-e1320032502679.jpeg

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
On amazon its The Real McCaw
http://www.amazon.com/The-Real-McCa...qid=1349748338&Super Rugby=8-3&keywords=mccaw

Although it says published on 1.4.2012

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
That's a pretty damming assessment of Deans. Its strange as they seemed quite chummy at the crusaders. In the excerpts from the article I read in the SMH McCaw essentially states the he told Steve Tew that Henry would be a better coach than Deans.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's a pretty damming assessment of Deans. Its strange they seemed quite chummy at the crusaders. In the excerpts from the article I read in the SMH McCaw essentially states the he told Steve Tew that Henry would be a better coach than Deans.

Perhaps he should be our next CEO - he seems to have got that call right

Status
Not open for further replies.