• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

So it actually comes down to you wanting him in the team regardless, rather than who is the best person for the team. Got it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's currently the best player in the country for his position.

That's why he should be there.

His super rugby and test form backs that up.

I don't know really what else there is to add to this that hasn't been covered?

Edit: just saw barbarian's post. Agreed.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
The All Blacks never won any tests prior to Nonu learning how to pass well, haven't you been keeping up?
So you agree with me that Mccabe is at the stage that Nonu was before he learned how to control in contact and when he learns to pass after taking the hit then JOC (James O'Connor) will win us alot of tests?

R

randalf8

So you agree with me that Mccabe is at the stage that Nonu was before he learned how to control in contact and when he learns to pass after taking the hit then JOC (James O'Connor) will win us alot of tests?

wut

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Think you read me wrong first time ...thats what i was saying..McCabe looks like Nonu before he learned how to pass ..only becomes dangerous if you can clear the ball after you break the line..hence reason Nonu struggled agst wobblies early on..be look i mean game pattern..noone looks like Nonu:)

J

Jiggles

Think you read me wrong first time .thats what i was saying..McCabe looks like Nonu before he learned how to pass ..only becomes dangerous if you can clear the ball after you break the line..hence reason Nonu struggled agst wobblies early on..be look i mean game pattern..noone looks like Nonu:)

Nonu also developed on the wing...

T

TOCC

i personally don't think any player has a mortgage on their jersey in the current team(presuming every player is fit), even those former certainties like Pocock and Horwill are facing stiff competition.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Horwill point of difference to Timani and Douglas is line out jumping. But I agree he's no walk in.

Sent using Tapatalk

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think Horwill point of difference to Timani and Douglas is line out jumping. But I agree he's no walk in.

Sent using Tapatalk

I think he is better over the ball as well. He wins a lot of ball at the ruck for a lock.

But he is crocked a lot.

W

What2040

Think you read me wrong first time .thats what i was saying..McCabe looks like Nonu before he learned how to pass ..only becomes dangerous if you can clear the ball after you break the line..hence reason Nonu struggled agst wobblies early on..be look i mean game pattern..noone looks like Nonu:)

McCabe doesn't look like Nonu at all. Am sure his mother (Pat's) appreciated your post

J

Jiggles

i personally don't think any player has a mortgage on their jersey in the current team(presuming every player is fit), even those former certainties like Pocock and Horwill are facing stiff competition.

the only type of players who should hold a mortgage on a jumper are blokes who are all time greats, or near all time greats. Blokes like Eales, Horan, BOD, Larkham, McCaw, C.Smith, J.Robinson, Carter etc. Everyone else should be constantly challenged.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
FUCKS SAKE!!!!
I'm banning the next fucker that keeps this tedious conversation going after having been asked by another moderator to move on under Rule 10.
Read the fucking rules.
You're all on a general warning, not one of those Bryce Lawrence pre-warnings either.
Move the fuck on!

J

Jiggles

o_O So we can't discuss the notion why no one player owns a national jersey? A notion that is talked about a lot in the All Blacks.

Perhaps you and the mods could be so kind as to put up a new thread stating what can and cannot be discussed.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
o_O So we can't discuss the notion why no one player owns a national jersey? A notion that is talked about a lot in the All Blacks.

Perhaps you and the mods could be so kind as to put up a new thread stating what can and cannot be discussed.
When it has been discussed back and forth involving much personal sniping over several pages, it's time to move on. There's a difference between that and your third sentence.
Move on.

J

Jiggles

When it has been discussed back and forth involving much personal sniping over several pages, it's time to move on. There's a difference between that and your third sentence.
Move on.

Again - what TOCC stated, and I responded to is 2 entries long......:confused:

Post #649 and Post #655

Status
Not open for further replies.