• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I have heard that said a few times. In his defence I think he was one of those young blokes put on a pedestal too early, especially after he was taken on the Wallabies few years ago

Being taken on a Wallaby tour young and pre-Super rugby is like the kiss of death.

Kingi, Houston, and Morahan are a few of the names. Obviously Gitts is an example of it working but it took Taf a good 5 years between drinks.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought he showed some good form for the Reds at the back end of the year. His try against the Brumbies was special and his defence against the Chiefs towards the end of the game showed a lot of promise. Hopefully the knees repairs itself and he can have a good preseason. Would love to see him in the 15 for the Reds next year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Genia in latest "rumoured" move overseas while.......... surprise, surprise......... he's negotiationg an ARU contract.........

You don't need to read further than the first two sentences:

SPECULATION is mounting that Wallabies halfback Will Genia is considering taking a break from Australian rugby to take up an offer to play in Japan.

While Genia has re-signed with the Queensland Reds, he is yet to negotiate a top-up deal with the ARU.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...om-the-wallabies/story-e6frg7o6-1226496614114

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Sounds like his manager is doing his job.

The ARU needs to sort out there contracting system. That a club can have so much money invested in 2 players who can pull out at any stage and blame the ARU is not good enough. Would love to see the NRL's system come in. Clubs can pay them and then just increase match payments to blokes that make the Wallabies. Only having 25 or so contracted with the ARU can come back to bite them very quickly. Half these blokes will likely be in and out from year to year on form without looking at injuries.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hopefully with some change at the top of the ARU they can focus on player contracts now.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

The ARU needs to sort out there contracting system. That a club can have so much money invested in 2 players who can pull out at any stage and blame the ARU is not good enough. Would love to see the NRL's system come in. Clubs can pay them and then just increase match payments to blokes that make the Wallabies. Only having 25 or so contracted with the ARU can come back to bite them very quickly. Half these blokes will likely be in and out from year to year on form without looking at injuries.

It's an absolute joke. He announced back in April he's staying with the reds. How the fuck is he not signed off with the ARU by October. What differences between the parties could there be that delays a contract signing. It's not like he is a fringe player, he is a Wallaby captain FFS. It's not rocket science? Surely?

W

What2040

It's an absolute joke. He announced back in April he's staying with the reds. How the fuck is he not signed off with the ARU by October. What differences between the parties could there be that delays a contract signing. It's not like he is a fringe player, he is a Wallaby captain FFS. It's not rocket science? Surely?

re-signings should not be announced UNTIL the ARU top up has been confirmed. If Genia is serious about Japan - call his bluff and let him go. Would free up a lot of $$$$ for the young fellas.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't understand when he is going to Japan, isn't he injured til next year? There season finishes in feb/early march doesn't it?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My opinion is that morahan has the highest potential of any of our outside backs and provided he keeps improving should be a long term wallaby.

He needs to work hard on his defence and high ball taking and develop more distance in his kicking game but I see him in a very similar mould to Latham.

Keep him at fullback I say. The second playmaker can be at 12 or 13.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Interestingly key NRL players are payed very very well and the rest get a pittance in comparison.

It is the same now in most pro sports.

So if you don't play in a key spot, the money isn't there. Giving the franchises the available cash doesn't change the problem, just the negotiators.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My opinion is that morahan has the highest potential of any of our outside backs and provided he keeps improving should be a long term wallaby.

He needs to work hard on his defence and high ball taking and develop more distance in his kicking game but I see him in a very similar mould to Latham.

He really needs to work harder with and without the ball, he floats in and out of games too often.

You look at the work Beale did when fit (and Dagg) from 15. His work to create opportunities and be available was critical

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

I see a bit of Latho in him. Once he finishes filling out he'll be pretty devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.