• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Fascinating bench, back-wise. How has Mitchell been traveling in the Shute shield in the last 3 weeks? :oops:

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Happy to see both Cummins and Tapuai retained in the starting XV, thought they both had solid games against the pumas.

Hopefully the Wallabies can put in a big effort and push the Allblacks for the full 80 ( without picking up anymore injuries!!).

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have been out of the country for 6 weeks but I have no idea how Mitchell can leapfrog Shipperley for a bench spot?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Because Mitchell's a better player and more experienced, the problem is how does Cummins get ahead of him??

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Deans never ceases to amaze.
- I find it hard to fathom that Cummins is now perferred to Shipperley. Shipperley has looked the goods during the RC. The highest praise anyone will ever give Cummins is that he's "solid" (IMO). That just ain't gonna cut it against the All Blacks. Shipperley's form for the Reds show him to be a class finisher and he was warming nicely to test rugby.
- You'd go for Mitchell ahead of both if he's in form but you cant just come back into world class form straight away. Seriously have we learnt nothing over the last 12 months.
- I think everyone agrees Palu is our first choice no.8 but again he has 0 game time under his belt and we expect him to go in and out-play Kieran Read. wtf. Why not choose Samo. I thought he's did a pretty decent job at the back of the scrum during the RC.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Happy to see both Cummins and Tapuai retained in the starting XV, thought they both had solid games against the pumas.

Result of injuries more than anything, it would seem. Hopefully both seize the moment. Lord knows we'll bloody well need them to.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
crikey, the news just doesn't get any better.

I am not a great fan of Fingers, but at least he has previous experience against the Darkness.

I don't know much about Hanson, and the kamikaze style of TPN means that he will probably get at least 20-30 minutes.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Saia Fainga'a is now out with a broken hand.

James Hanson now comes on to the bench
Things That Give You Bad Luck
Don't:
Break a mirror. It will give you seven years of bad luck. (James,Kurtley etc)
Spill salt. If you accidentally spill salt, immediately throw a pinch over your right shoulder to ward of the bad luck.(-because front row can't lift their arms could backs please help)
Walk under a ladder. (sharpey)
Open an umbrella in the house. Umbrellas should be opened outside to avoid bad luck.(anyone living in Newcastle during Scottish test,I blame you)
Pick up a penny that is on the ground face down (tails up). If it's heads up, you're safe.(Once again must be soemthing to do with the Scots)
Put a hat on the bed.(Hip hop style,Digby,Kurtley or the whole Cockatoos side)
Put your shoes on the table.(John O'neill and the Waratahs board in various 2012 meetings)
Sleep at the table.(see above)
Wear opals, unless opal is your birthstone. (the easts v uni rugby crowd at Woollahra)
Chase anyone with a broom. (Cheika and the waratahs management).
Now we've found the cause of this disaster can we all work on the above.;)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It seems odd that Samo was reported as having overcome his injury only for Robbie to decide to 'rest' him due to a heavy workload. He's just had a week's rest.

Hope Hanson actually gets on the field this time. If not, he'd have to be in a pretty select group to sit on the bench for 2 full matches without making your debut.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Deans never ceases to amaze.
- I find it hard to fathom that Cummins is now perferred to Shipperley. Shipperley has looked the goods during the RC. The highest praise anyone will ever give Cummins is that he's "solid" (IMO).

Did you watch the last test? Cummins did well in his first test with limited attacking opportunities, was strong in contact and actually dominated in defense.

Shipperley didn't do enough in the RC

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
The IRB ranking points are also pretty critical at this point leading up to seedings for the 2015 RWC.

Yep. This is the big thing right now. We're only a bee's dick in front of the jarpies going into the spring tour. The boks are playing ireland, scotland and england and I'd rate them a good chance to win them all. Luckily we are not playing scotland. But france, england and wales will be tough games for us I reckon. ... All depends how the new coach goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.