• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
If He believes everything he said over the period then he wants to play league,he wants to play with his Bro Sonny & the wallabies are destroying him professionally & personnally. (I will leave off the wouldn't play if selected due to how nervous he was, apparantly)

If you believe what he said and he believes what he said to be true then regardless of public opinion,Quade should walk and do what's right for him. Back peddling is only going to cause him more pain.

As usual it is the pro vs the anti. In this case Quade, but we can substitute Turner, McCabe and on and on. You can make your justifactions based on your perceptions of what QC (Quade Cooper) said or how McCabe doesn't pass or how Turner is a one dimension player. But you know what, hearing the same people making the same comments over and over in different threads really does become tiresome.

GAGR is about more than just small minded people with parochial attitudes.

Sorry WJ not singling you out, this is a rant about the standard of posting in what I believe is a very good site, spoilt by people who cannot understand the difference between discussion and arguement.

Please think before running people (players, refs, fellow GAGRs etc) into the ground.

If you wish to make a point, back it up with a reasonable dialogue and stop trying to make yourself feel better by shitting on others.

We are not Planet Rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not sure if a fine alone is punishment enough in this case.

Maybe if he'd made the tweets and left it at that.

But the fact that he made the conscious decision after the tweets to inflame the situation through newspaper and TV interviews means that the ARU will need to come down fairly hard, within reason.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Roundawhile - when did I shit on him? I'm not saying it to make myself feel better. It's my opinion. I don't want to see the guy lost to the sport. But if your going to go out one limb you should be able to back yourself up. Quades on the limb & if he wants to one back into the fold I want to know why. What's changed?

I know you weren't singling me out. But people are having a discussion. If you don't agree with something that's fine, but make a point don't run people down over it. If a line is overstepped report it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You have quoted a journalist. What did QC (Quade Cooper) say in his interview on the Rugby Club or his tweets where he mentioned teammates. Please quote.

Are you suggesting the journalist is lying?

If that's the case I'm sure Quade would've come out and strongly denied that claim.

However, I think it's pretty clear that the players were included in his broad attack on the whole organisation, and he's obviously elaborated that in the interview.

There is a couple of direct quotes in that article in regards to players (supposedly being afraid to speak up, finger pointing etc).

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
My honest opinion WJ? QC (Quade Cooper) brought out into the open what a large number of people (both generally on this site) have been stating for ages. Aus Rugby is not right. We have all bemoaned the depths to which we have reached.

Who here is happy with our current standards, achievements, injury list, direction, governance, etc.

Someone on the inside dares to speak up and he is crucified. As I have posted before, if it had been a 'senior' wallaby saying the same thing, and if you listen again to the interview and what he actually said, there would have been heartfelt support. But because it was QC (Quade Cooper), the daggers are out, not just from the media wanting to sell stories, but far more so from the "Quades a wanker" brigade.

Again I will ask you to listen to the interview and detail any part that was not true. We have people on here saying that he ran down his teammates. When did he say that?

The way I saw it (and yes this is my opinion) he was stating that the structure of the ARU, the questionable support for RD and the direction he has been taking us (ie defensive vs attacking game), the rule of JON (and yes I personally view it as such) the problems with the state regimes with their pettiness, are all exremely valid points.

He is a playmaker and he believes that is the way the Wobs should be playing. Isn't that what we have all be vehemently wishing for for the last five years?

I am glad he had the guts to say what he did.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sorry Sully,

I would say the same about any other Wallaby that stood up and disagreed with our current setup.

OK i'll stop now :(

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I quite agree.
If he apologised, I would have a hard time being convinced it was heartfelt, and not "required contrition". That said, I am sure he is "sorry" about how it all panned out, and probably would choose to say it differently, given another chance. I've said and done plenty of stupid things I can't take back.
I think some sort of sanction needs to be applied if the ARU really feel he has breached a code of conduct.
A fine donated to charity for instance.

With the benefit of hindsight I reckon he probably is sorry, but he doesn't give the impression of being the sharpest tool in the shed based on some previous behaviour. Maybe a case of the mouth being engaged before the brain. His apology, if one is forthcoming should be in private to his team mates and a statement that he'll take any sanction they deem necessary on the chin.

IMHO that's how you deal with a situation like that.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
His apology, if one is forthcoming should be in private to his team mates and a statement that he'll take any sanction they deem necessary on the chin.

IMHO that's how you deal with a situation like that.

Agreed. Not just because that's who the apology is really owed to, but also because that's more compelling to the public when news of it inevitably leaks.

I hope he sticks around. I like watching him play, and I think he's had an extremely difficult year (world cup, crowd booing, injuries, public break up). You guys should all hug and make up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope he has the strength of character to mend the bridges, and go on to realise his true potential for the Men in Gold/Red.

I personally can't see him doing all that well in mungoland, and I'm not too sure how many foreign clubs would be prepared to take him on at the moment. He is out of form, injured, and high maintenance. All of these can be fixed with time.

For his sake, for Reds sake, and ultimately the Men in Gold's sake, he needs to be playing heavens game after a chow down on humble pie.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We're going around a circles here.

It took 75 pages? That's a big circle! ;)

My 2c, I'm not keen on an apology or a retraction. He obviously meant what he said (with the exception of the I won't play part, I believe) so an apology would be meaningless, and the window for a retraction has loooong since closed.

The part that I think is vitally important, is how they manage his return to the "environment". This bit has to be managed seamlessly but it's also the bit that we (the public) will not know anything about. Sure, if he broke the Code of Conduct then fine him or whatever, but make sure that the internal crap is sorted.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Someone on the inside dares to speak up and he is crucified. As I have posted before, if it had been a 'senior' wallaby saying the same thing, and if you listen again to the interview and what he actually said, there would have been heartfelt support. But because it was QC (Quade Cooper), the daggers are out, not just from the media wanting to sell stories, but far more so from the "Quades a wanker" brigade.

Again I will ask you to listen to the interview and detail any part that was not true. We have people on here saying that he ran down his teammates. When did he say that?
When you have a problem with your boss, do you approach him behind closed doors to try and resolve it?
Or do you go into the lunchroom and publicly announce that you disagree with his strategies and methods.Do you also tell everyone in the company that you will now work to rule and refuse to be any projects with the said boss?

If he had any substance to his complaints, why didn't he canvass the opinions on his team mates?
Had he gone on TV and said he was part of a delegation that met with management to voice their concerns and were ignored.
And he had decided for some specific reasons , he would not be part of the squad.Very few people would be critical of him.
Instead all he stated was that he disagreed with the coach's tactics,and other general non specific complaints.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I like to see TV footage of him apologising to the Wallabies players and coaches in person.... then fine the wit, he is playing games with everyone and respects no one... and donate the money to junior rugby...

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Ok, so you would like to see the ARU deal with him for using an inappropriate forum to raise his concerns by using an inappropriate forum to broadcast his punishment.

Firstly, won't happen. Secondly, nor should it.

Status
Not open for further replies.