• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
EDITED:

How will we first find out the outcome of the "session"?

a. QC (Quade Cooper) Tweet
b. ARU Media Conference
c. ARU Media Statement
d. ARU News item on Rugby.com.au
e. Story in the papers
f. Fox Sports TV
g. Fox Sports Web Page
h. Tom Waterhouse Gambling announcement (presume he has a book running on this).
i. Mr Timms (Tweet, Blog Article, or Forum post).

There would be some sweet irony if it was a.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Well MrTimms was last sighted this morning on a golf course on the far North Coast so I'd suggest the chances of him breaking the news are slim. The chances of him breaking a window on the other hand.........

He is clearly enjoying the perks of his newfound 'journalist' lifestyle. Meanwhile us poor bloggers slug it out at our desks in town..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^

One could be cruel and opine that waratahjesus last sentence is an accurate statement of fact about Mr Weilder's professional journalistic abilities, rather than the current situation WRT QC (Quade Cooper)'s hearing.

Now that Grumbles has gone, we need to have new soft target.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Deliberation has started.

Danny Wielder is camped out, don't know about actual news though.

Why don't you go over and say hi?

atomic-wedgie.jpg

Reactions: BPC

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Cooper has copped a three match ban (suspended for two years), plus a huge up front fine of $40,000, with a further $20,000 suspended for two years.
The fines were for social media comments ($10,000) and social media and general media comments ($50,000), totalling $60,000.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He addressed the large media contingent after the hearing, but didn't take any questions.
"It was a very fair hearing and I was very happy with the outcome," Cooper said.
"Obviously, the sentence that has been handed to me, I have full respect for that and I understand that I fell well below par in what it means to be a Wallaby.
"For all the supporters that are out there, my apologies.
"From now on, I'm just looking forward to the future - hopefully having a big year, with not only my state, but the Wallabies.
"And I'm very much looking forward to overcoming my injury and getting back out on the field."
HE should sign his contract ASAP

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"Cooper was also banned for three matches, suspended for two years."

What the heck does that mean? Is it like higgers, banned for 2 weeks but it really was 4. Cooper - Banned for 3 games, but random ones when they feel like it, over the 2 years?

And while we're at it, $60k is a lot of iphones, hope he chucks his down the dunny.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reference post #1522

I think the award for the announcement goes to e. AAP media release in The Roar(?). Does that qualify as a story in the papers?

Nothing from ARU yet? (b,c,d) web site.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It means if he's good he gets no matches but as soon as he gets suspended for anything else the 3 matches are added on.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Even if he is suspended by SANZAR or the like for foul play during a game? Or just if he fucks up off field again? The likely hood of which is pretty high if the past few years are anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.