• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I will be pretty surprised if there are any unusual selections.

I doubt we'll beef up the backrow against France by playing a lock (Timani) or another number 8 (Palu or Samo) at 6. If it was later in the tour then I'd have thought that Pocock and Hooper in the starting XV was an option but I think Pocock will come back for the first test from the bench (if he plays at all).

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I will be pretty surprised if there are any unusual selections.

I doubt we'll beef up the backrow against France by playing a lock (Timani) or another number 8 (Palu or Samo) at 6. If it was later in the tour then I'd have thought that Pocock and Hooper in the starting XV was an option but I think Pocock will come back for the first test from the bench (if he plays at all).

France's back row will most likely by 6. Ouedraogo 7. Nyanga and 8. Picamoles. Nyanga and Ouedraogo are both lighter (about 100kgs each) and very, very fast. So yeah playing a less mobile#6 would be an enormous mistake.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's reported Timani, Moore, Pocock and Ioane aren't completely over their injuries, be silly to risk them this weekend. Sorta makes me wonder why they were selected to tour.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I want AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) into 13. The way he tore them to pieces in 2010 should have them fairly jumpy, he will draw two defenders all night hopefully creating some space.

Manuel

Herbert Moran (7)
France named the following 23 players for Saturday:
Domingo, Forestier, Szarzewski, Kayser, Mas, Debaty, Maestri, Papé, Suta, Ouedraogo, Nyanga, Picamoles, Chouly, Parra, Machenaud, Michalak, Trinh-Duc, Mermoz, Fofana, Fritz, Clerc, Huget and Dulin.
The backrow, hich had been the main talking point last week, is likely to be Ouedraogo, Nyanga and Picamoles, as USARugger said. Quite light.
The main discussion right now is over the backline. Some fans are asking for Machenaud to play 9 instead of Parra, and the odds are even between Michalak and Trinh-Duc at 10. Also, three in-form centres for two spots (Fofana, Mermoz and Fritz), with the additional option to start Fofana at wing to fit him into the team. This would move either Huget or Dulin to the bench.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
France named the following 23 players for Saturday:
Domingo, Forestier, Szarzewski, Kayser, Mas, Debaty, Maestri, Papé, Suta, Ouedraogo, Nyanga, Picamoles, Chouly, Parra, Machenaud, Michalak, Trinh-Duc, Mermoz, Fofana, Fritz, Clerc, Huget and Dulin.
The backrow, hich had been the main talking point last week, is likely to be Ouedraogo, Nyanga and Picamoles, as USARugger said. Quite light.
The main discussion right now is over the backline. Some fans are asking for Machenaud to play 9 instead of Parra, and the odds are even between Michalak and Trinh-Duc at 10. Also, three in-form centres for two spots (Fofana, Mermoz and Fritz), with the additional option to start Fofana at wing to fit him into the team. This would move either Huget or Dulin to the bench.

The #9 jersey will come down to how Parra is recovering from his thigh injury. Word from PSA is that he's running at 100% but who knows what that actually means. If healthy, Parra will get the jumper simply through experience *he can also kick for goal which Trinh-Duc is pretty notorious for struggling with*. The centers will most likely come down to Mermoz vs. Fritz for the #13 jumper, I think Fofana is a shoe-in at #12. Clerc is going to be a little long in the tooth for the next RWC so I would not expect to see Fofana bumped to the wing but rather younger wingers like Huget getting more game time. As far as trying to figure out what the French are going to do with their halfback pairing...good luck.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm going to the game and meeting up with a bunch of Aussies beforehand. If any other G&GRs are going, send me a PM if you want to join us.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Likely run-on team from the Oz:

15: Mike Harris 14: Nick Cummins 13: Ben Tapuai 12: Pat McCabe 11: Adam Ashley-Cooper 10: Kurtley Beale 9: Nick Phipps 8: Wycliff Palu 7: Michael Hooper 6: Dave Dennis 5: Nathan Sharpe 4: Kane Douglas 3: Sekope Kepu 2: Tatafu Polota-Nau 1: Benn Robinson

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Team:

15. Harris, 14. Badger, 13. Tapuai, 12. McCabe, 11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), 10. Beale, 9. Phipps, 8. Palu, 7. Hooper, 6. Dennis, 5. Sharpe, 4. Douglas, 3. Kepu, 2. Polota-Nau, 1. Robinson.

Res: 16. Moore, 17. Slipper, 18. Ryan, 19. Simmons, 20. Samo, 21. Gill, 22. Sheehan, 23. Barnes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Ben Alexander injured or dropped?

Definitely a surprise if he's been dropped but it will be great to see Paddy Ryan make his test debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.