• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I highly doubt it.

I was really just casting out a couple of lines and hoping I got a nibble.
fishing.gif

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It may show the general lack of regard for the ARU on here that you didn't get one: i think most of us think that absolutely anything is possible.

You'd think that making him High Performance Manager was already a case of promoting him to a position of unimportance. There probably aren't any more senior unimportant positions available.

Lior

Herbert Moran (7)
Great news for Australian Rugby. JON instructed budget cuts and Nucifora had very little success in stopping JON's razor or at least redirecting it. The cost of what this man has done to Australian Rugby is substantial and will be felt for a few more years. Truly a win for Australian Rugby having this man step down. Maybe he was a decent coach. But as an administrator/coach he was a cataclysmic failure. Truly this man provides the framework for every administrator in every field to at least question the CEO on budget cuts, showing that they don't always know what is best in the long run. JON who is a wonderful administrator lost a bit of sight later on in his term, but I really do wonder if Nucifora ever had any.

Some may think I am being to harsh, but if you submit yourself to these positions in the public arena you should absolutely be ready for the criticism. To think this guy actually was going to coach the Wallabies. Keep the black armbands in the closet for one day longer ladies and gentleman because suddenly the future of Australian Rugby doesn't look so bleak with this man departing.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Can someone provide Nucifora's Org Chart.
I understand there are at least 10 coaches within it who do not coach any team.
Could be a great opportunity to revamp the whole structure and the academies too.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The central Academy was Nuci's idea and he'd taken it personally when Link/QLD decided to opt out. Looks like he's figured that vote of no confidence was lost - and maybe he got a whiff of the new CEO as well....

T

TOCC

the ARU HPU needs to completely restructured along a similar model as what Cricket Australia has recently employed.

The HPU should cover the Wallabies, U20's(National Academy), 7's (mens and women's), Sport Science, Coaching & Referee Development and AIS scholarship holders and have it all under the one banner with support staff transcending each group and a system of accountability at all levels.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I wonder if the ARU will make a single appointment to replace him with the same responsibilities? Splitting the coaching and admin role would open the possibility of getting a top class administrator regardless of their coaching background. The net could be cast wider to different sports and overseas to find someone who could come in with fresh ideas.

The move would also allow for a promising young Aussie coach to be given a shot with the Under 20s.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting that only the Australian have run with the story to date. Are rugby journalists on holiday or have the Australian gone off early? No press release from the ARU yet.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The central Academy was Nuci's idea and he'd taken it personally when Link/QLD decided to opt out. Looks like he's figured that vote of no confidence was lost - and maybe he got a whiff of the new CEO as well..

What do you mean QLD/Link opted out of the National Academy?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does this thread belong in the ARU Positivity Thread?

Seems as if we may have seen the end of the Faecal Touch, the anti-Midas Touch from Nuci where everything he touches turns to .......

Status
Not open for further replies.