• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Waratahs, North Hobart Oval, February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Tell me more about the $59 air fare...

But yes, big ups to Rebel HQ for getting themselves on to a front page in the off-season for something that doesn't involve shenanigans.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry guys. I've just entered this post late. Did I read that the rebels are playing a trial vs the crusaders in Singapore?

1985TasRebel

Hi all

The game on February 2nd between the Rebels and the Tahs is selling well with general admission tracking at around the same as the Storm game last year that attracted 14 000 people.

However, they're struggling with sponsors and in selling corporate tickets.

As said elsewhere, Tassie really is at its best in January and February. If you're looking for a weekend away you could do a lot worse than to get down there.

They've put on two of the best corporate packages I've ever seen. One of them even has you in a marquee on the sidelines drinking for five hours from the curtain raisers through to the big game. The other one takes you (and I assume partners) out to a Tassie winery for the morning and then into the corporate facilities in the afternoon.

Tasmanian rugby fans want to see this succeed so that we continue to get games like this coming down south.

The other part is that I was told by a very reliable source today the both O'Connor AND Folau are definitely playing, so it wont be just the second-stringers.

Check it all out here:

http://www.easybookings.com.au/event/Corporate-Packages-NHFC-2013

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He may well be a knob, kronic, and it's all too common for our southern cousins to lump rugby and league together under a "rugby" heading. Those heathens from the nether parts of Australia who follow aerial ping-pong are the only people on earth who think rugby league is rugby. Their loss.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jeez. O'Connor should probably see a doctor about that. There's some sort of weird growth forming under his chin.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Give him a break guys, he is finally hitting puberty! Maybe he will mature a bit, leading to less riot squads.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
@VicRugby: @RebelYellRugby @melbournerebels Hi, this has been confirmed! He will get a run with the Rebels! #vicrugby
Noticed this before.

Confirmation Valentini will get a run.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good player Valentini. He's an ethnic Islander big bopper 13 who played for Vic Schools last year.

I thought he might have got into the Oz A Schools team but he missed out on that and also the touring side to Fiji and NZ. However he was flown over to NZ when Kallel of Qld was injured.

Watch this space.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Folau got the try with his second touch and beat 4 defenders to get there. Not bad but it was close to the line and defence looked very poor.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Folau got the try with his second touch and beat 4 defenders to get there. Not bad but it was close to the line and defence looked very poor.

It's in the papers!

363062-israel-folau.jpg

Hopefully some good publicity for Rugby and the Tahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I noticed on twitter a few saying they were going to get memberships purely on Folau factor. Interesting to see the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.