• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
The goal kicking is very mediocre tonight, the breeze may be the culprit but allready the Brumbies have changed kickers. Lilo now looking less appealing as a 5/8 choice but early days. Lots of penalties as refs try to make a statement.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'll be back in the saddle next round as I missed this round. Totally forgot about Fantasy Rugby & my TV blew up so I wasn't able to watch tonight's games either :(

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
406. Position 24 on GAGR league and about 670 overall. Will probably make about 4 changes to my squad this week.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Man, I had forgotten how tough a league this was!! I am in the top 25% of the total league and in the bottom 25% of the G&GR league.

Still, next week I get to put some Kiwi's and Saffers in my team too, and some mighty Tahs. Higgers is definitely a goner! - never to return. Where is Adam Thompson when you need him? Always good for a 60, sometimes even better.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The starting line-up I had for the Rebels had no Hugh Pyle so I dropped him....arrggghhh. Also went against my gut and took Higgers.... :(

Happy with taking Kimlin though :)

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Bloody hell, this will take some getting used to for a rookie like me.

I had Higgers and Beale and their negative numbers cost me big time.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very glad I dished off Higgers last minute.

Now whether or not to hang onto the Force crew for the Kings game...

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bloody hell, this will take some getting used to for a rookie like me.

I had Higgers and Beale and their negative numbers cost me big time.
Don't worry about it, take the year to get used to it, learn who is reliable. Pick guys who reliably score well, not just those with large total scores. You'll get lucky some weeks and someone will score 500 :p

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Don't worry about it, take the year to get used to it, learn who is reliable. Pick guys who reliably score well, not just those with large total scores. You'll get lucky some weeks and someone will score 500 :p

Or just peek at who Trajan (ie. Hannibal at Cannae - god that is an awesome name, but I should have gone for Scipio at Zama this year to counter!) is choosing each week! :p

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good week from G&GR. Third overall in the league standings. Congratulations to the Dropkicks for topping the G&GR league in round 1!

On another note, we are far and away the most popular classic league in Fantasy Super Rugby.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Or just peek at who Trajan (ie. Hannibal at Cannae - god that is an awesome name, but I should have gone for Scipio at Zama this year to counter!) is choosing each week! :p
Scipio escaped harm at the battle of Cannae, one of the few. My usual mediocre start Red Baron. I made the classic error of choosing Higgenbotham because so many others were when I had doubts about him. As you say he is quite capable of turning it around this week. Damn those elephants at Zama. They were always more trouble then they were worth.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stormers have named their side for the clash with the Bulls. 15. Jaco Taute, 14. Gio Aplon, 13. Jean De Villiers ( captain ) 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Bryan Habana, 10. Elton Janties, 9. Nic Groom, 8. Duane Vermeulen,
7. Rynhardt Elstadt, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Andries Bekker, 4. De Kock Steenkamp, 3. Pat Cilliers, 2. Deon Fourie, 1. Steven Kitshoff. Subs. 16. Martin Bezuidenhout, 17. Frans Malherbe, 18. Don Armand, 19. Nizaam Carr,
20. Dewaldt Duvenage, 21. Gerhard van den Heever, 22. Joe Pietersen.
They are still worried about Schalk Burger and the South Africans do not want to lose him like Juan Smith. Siya Kolisi is probably safe for at least 3 weeks. The Stormers coaching staff obviously do not buy into the Ewan McKenzie tactic of late team announcements. On behalf of the Green and Gold fantasy league managers a warm hearted " thank you " . Bulls to follow later today.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hey Trajan et al, what would be your thoughts on picking an untried back this week in Israel Folau? He's scored a couple of tries in the trials and is pretty good at beating his man/breaking tackles. Is it too much of a gamble or am I better getting in early (I'm predicting a big price rise over the next couple of weeks)?

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Hey Trajan et al, what would be your thoughts on picking an untried back this week in Israel Folau? He's scored a couple of tries in the trials and is pretty good at beating his man/breaking tackles. Is it too much of a gamble or am I better getting in early (I'm predicting a big price rise over the next couple of weeks)?

I got Folau on to my bench last week ready to bring him into the starting lineup this week. I'm going with that strategy but given how poorly I went it round 1, I would ignore what I'm doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.