• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
How's everyone handling defense in Rugby Challenge? I played online and got promptly spanked.

I thinking I'm sprinting too often

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Rugby challenge is ok.... Some big mistakes in the game though

No quick line out (rwc has that)
No advantage for forward passes

Keran read is as fast as all the wallaby backs what the fuck

Anyone know how to use a player that u have created? I made a guy up but it wont let me select him.

Go the force!!!!

T

Train Without a Station

Shiggins. Generally squads are overpopulated. You cannot add a player to the squad unless there is less than 30 players and most squads have 35.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Couple of gripes I have so far with Challenge:

Defending: Almost seems impossible to contain certain teams. The amount of broken tackles seems as bizarre as the frequency of offloads (which are often thrown half the width of the field with pin-point accuracy). Will try to play with the sliders a bit to tweak this tonight.

Passing/Catching: Watching your scrum-half throw the ball past everyone by 15m is heart breaking when you've spent 5+ phases building up some territory. It's also particularly frustrating when players watch the ball fly past them without even attempting to catch it. Obviously this happens less when you're timing passes and not sprinting, but there are few moments where the physics are just off.

Difficulty: Haven't seen this issue brought up so much, but having gone through a Career mode already, and a couple of competitions, I've noticed a ridiculous step up in difficulty when facing teams like Crusaders/Hurricanes and the AB's. Most rucks are turned over ridiculously easily and they're impossible to stop from scoring tries when they're in possession. Seems odd when their rankings are not far off the other teams (in Rugby 15, and Quad Nations). On a couple of occasions, when awarded with penalties, they'll tap and play out of their own goal line, flaunting the fact that a try will be scored after 20 off loads. Playing on Normal difficulty so the difference is quite noticeable when it happens.

Kicking: Anyone found out a decent way to clear the ball? I've been punting with 9 recently, because as soon as it finds it's way to 10 or 15, the defending team has already smothered him.

These are areas I find will limit my long-term interest in the game. I must say though, that it's an absolute blast playing with a friend at home. I'm looking forward to trying some online gameplay too.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh it's a bit sus mate. I had richey run in a 80 mt try and digby didnt catch up. Last time read beat one of the Aussie backs. Some of the player ratings are retarded. It's as though some of the ratings are from 2 years ago. 5 years for gits. Try playing as new Zealand though. The wobs are just as hard to beat. I'm talking about pro

Go the force!!!!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Rugby Challenge is by far the best product out there right now but still has tons of flaws itself. Not much was more fun than living in a house with seven other guys from the team and having 2v2 tournaments in RC over a few cases of beer. One thing that did lead to a few broken Xbox controllers would be this: if you want to win, just throw the ball around like it's on fire..defenses will crumble at your feet. It's really reliant on having quick enough reactions to recognize when the gap finally opens up and you should stop passing and run it but if you can do this well this strategy is pretty unstoppable unless you have shit luck and the AI decides to drop it 5 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.