• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v CHIEFS Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Tom English has impressed. There was some great opportunities for him at stages, out wide and when he cut back in, on the wrap around.

As much Delve is a spiritual leader and captain of the club, the torch has been passed on. Probably not as vocal as Delve in some sense, but his actions on the park speak volumes. Higgers re-signing till 2015 is fantastic news.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
[quote="Despite the loss, that was a great game of rugby to watch. Crowd excitement was the highest its been all season. The chanting at the end was deafening. The non-rugby friends I sit with both commented on how much they enjoyed the game.
.[/quote]

Agree -crowd was the best it has been this year. fantastic atmosphere towards the end.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The only thing I saw from that footage was a Chiefs player coming through to make a tackle, Rebels player lost the ball which went straight down then back under control from the Chiefs player, & then from there no footage of where the ball was.

We see only one angle on Fox, the TMO probably (or should) take the time to see every camera angle at the ground.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Jones had a big impact when he came on. Carried well, tackled well, secured the ball at the ruck properly. I'd like to see him starting next week with Saffy at openside.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but I think that was the best our lineout has ever been. Good work by all involved.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Our lineouts have been solid. Scrum, well. let's not go there.
Scrum wasn't actually that bad. That period after half time wasn't tip top, but we still didn't get walked back over the line. A better loosehead than Henderson will make a real difference, Lahiff should help a lot in that regard.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
IMO Rebels fans should be reasonably happy with what they saw last night. Definitely things to fix up, but you scored a lot of points against the defending champions. The Rebels gifted at least 2 and probably 3 tries to the Chiefs. So really a game that you could have won.

If you're going to lose, at least lose in style like you did last night. I speak as a long-suffering Waratah fan who has spent more years than any human should be subjected to watching the Waratahs lose playing the most atrocious brand of rugby. I would honestly much rather watch and support the Rebels of last night than the Waratahs of the Hickey "win ugly" era (which involved a lot of embarrassing losses).

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
IMO Rebels fans should be reasonably happy with what they saw last night. Definitely things to fix up, but you scored a lot of points against the defending champions. The Rebels gifted at least 2 and probably 3 tries to the Chiefs. So really a game that you could have won.

If you're going to lose, at least lose in style like you did last night. I speak as a long-suffering Waratah fan who has spent more years than any human should be subjected to watching the Waratahs lose playing the most atrocious brand of rugby. I would honestly much rather watch and support the Rebels of last night than the Waratahs of the Hickey "win ugly" era (which involved a lot of embarrassing losses).

thanks but the occasional inelegant win wouldn't go astray either

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
If we can sort out our defense and technique at the breakdown those sort of games will turn into wins. We were well and truly outclassed for most of that game and were still able to score five tries. I'm pretty happy with it.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
No game is 'perfect' unless it is a 60-0 flogging and in the tight games there is usually an element of luck. Retallick has a moment of brilliance he will never forget. Anscombe, Pyle, something similar. We will work on things, same as every other team, but I really loved Higgers attitude to Cannon's dumbass questions. He didn't let Cannon derail it into some rubbish post mortem, he focused on the positives and the future. Leadership.

We didn't win, but damn it was good to be a part of that last ten minutes at the game. You can be damn sure the Chiefs will remember that game. Good spirits between the teams after the game too, for me that was great rugby, win or no win!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The interplay between Beale and O'Connor shows perfectly in my view why J'OC should play wide, perhaps on the wing where he can combine with the fullback in open space.

Pyle is very good.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
There was some crucial errors by the referee, mostly in terms of people stealing the ball when off their feet.

I thought Anscombe was unlucky not to get his fourth try. The ball was knocked out of Phipps hands and looked to go straight down. It wasn't obviously forward and should have been a try in my opinion..

even given that and i agree it probably wasn't a knock on, shouldn't it have been a penalty to the rebs for the chiefs player then passing it, whilst lying on the ground. i thought you were not allowed to play the ball off your feet except in the immediate passing after being tackled, or do i not know the law?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
even given that and i agree it probably wasn't a knock on, shouldn't it have been a penalty to the rebs for the chiefs player then passing it, whilst lying on the ground. i thought you were not allowed to play the ball off your feet except in the immediate passing after being tackled, or do i not know the law?

Once that player won the ball (by diving on the ball he'd knocked out of Phipps hands), he's allowed to play the ball immediately. That can include passing it off the ground.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Care factor in this community should be a bit higher than zero.
Confucius say "he who take on mod, very rarely win"
sticker,375x360.png

Status
Not open for further replies.