• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
Hey Rebel Dudes
Sorry to hijack the thread somewhat..
Caught your match last night and was very impressed! Managed to give the kiwi supporters next to me and the lions supporters behind me a real run for their money.Got front row seats in the middle.Unheard of in Sydney...but haven't been to a Waratah's match for a while....
My question (and sorry if it has been addressed previously but...) where can I watch the Super 15 goodness live in a pub in Melbourne? Need to experience the Brumbies v Crusaders dust up live....where do I go?
Thanks in Advance
T

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Hey Rebel Dudes
Caught your match last night and was very impressed! Managed to give the kiwi supporters next to me and the lions supporters behind me a real run for their money.Got front row seats in the middle.Unheard of in Sydney.but haven't been to a Waratah's match for a while..
My question (and sorry if it has been addressed previously but.) where can I watch the Super 15 goodness live in a pub in Melbourne? Need to experience the Brumbies v Crusaders dust up live..where do I go?
Thanks in Advance
T
Turf Bar in the city. Every rugby match.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey Rebel Dudes
Caught your match last night and was very impressed! Managed to give the kiwi supporters next to me and the lions supporters behind me a real run for their money.Got front row seats in the middle.Unheard of in Sydney.but haven't been to a Waratah's match for a while..
My question (and sorry if it has been addressed previously but.) where can I watch the Super 15 goodness live in a pub in Melbourne? Need to experience the Brumbies v Crusaders dust up live..where do I go?
Thanks in Advance
T

Town Hall, Bridge Rd Richmond. All Super matches with volume, if you don't want to head into the CBD.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
Thomas Savare (president of Stade Français) has announced that an australian utility back agreed to join them yesterday. I think that's Richard Kingi.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Looks like the Rebels are going to lose Jones.

Personally I don't think it is that big of a loss, Pyle and Neville are better locks, and higgers is a better 6. If they had to lose one of these blokes, Jones was the right one to let go IMO.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Personally I don't think it is that big of a loss, Pyle and Neville are better locks, and higgers is a better 6. If they had to lose one of these blokes, Jones was the right one to let go IMO.

Source? While I agree with you, I suspect he'll come back to haunt us at whichever team he ends up at. He's abrasive and fitter than most in the team, but the recruiting we've done in the forwards leaves little space for him.

kronic

John Solomon (38)

kronic

John Solomon (38)

Shattered if that's the case, awesome kid.

No way. Jones was probably the in-form lock at the start of the season. I suspect a bit of rotation is occurring at the moment. We looked much better when he went from blindside to lock also. Neville isn't reliving the form of 2012, however that means he isn't performing poorly.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

He's much, much, better than Neville at lock and is an excellent six as well. Big loss if he goes. Hope he's heading somewhere with a decent coach.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
THE Melbourne Rebels have continued their signing spree with young NSW Waratahs backrower Lopeti Timani joining the Super Rugby side.
Timani has penned a two-year deal with the Rebels.
The 22-year-old played in all but two of the Waratahs' games last season but has had limited game time this year.
The Rebels announced on the weekend Wallabies backrower Scott Higginbotham had re-signed, while young locks Hugh Pyle and Cadeyrn Neville inked new deals last week.
"At only 19, Lopeti is a player with enormous potential,'' said Rebels coach Damien Hill.
"He has played both No.8 and blindside flanker over the past two seasons and, at such a young age, will only continue to develop.''
Lopeti is the younger brother of Test star Sitaleki.

Status
Not open for further replies.