• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
First Brian Waldron (Rebels CEO) and now Danny Corcoran the General Manager at Essedon ( former GM at Rebels) is being put through the ringer, the Rebels recruited well when they set up.......

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Can anybody give me a run down of who is out of contract at season's end?

Obviously I know Delve, JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Ged, Hendo, Shota (and Fanga + Kingi), but would be great if somebody with a better memory than me could provide a summary of the whole squad and when they are signed until. Much appreciated if somebody could help, cheers.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think Shota is, believe he is with us next year. ditto GED
Jones is off contract and yet to re-sign which is causing some angst.

the following are signed on
Vuna, English, Mitchell, Inman, Sidey (i think), Burgess, Strzacker, Higgers, Pyle, PAE, Neville, Reid, Fuglistaler, Timani, Lahiff, Sexton - not sure about weeks, but i assume he is.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
ged robinson has signed with Hawkes Bay to play in the ITM cup for 2 seasons, i think he is off contract at the rebs at the end of this one, he initially signed for 1 and then re-signed for 2 more.
max lahiff is also going to HB to play this year

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
2014 players at the moment

Props - Weekes, Alo Emile, Lahiff, Aloheli
Hooker - Sexton, Leafa
Locks- Pyle, Neville, Thomson
Back Row - Higinbotham, Faainga, Reid, Timani, Fulgistaller
Half - Burgess, Stirzy
Fly Half - Roberts
Centers - Inman, Mitchell, English
Wing - Vuna , Rockabaro
Full Back Woodward

Definitely leaving- Henderson, Robinson, King, Delve, Davidson, phipps, Kingi
Not Resigned yet- Ah nau, Horie,Saffy,Dyer,Jones,Beale,JOC (James O'Connor), Sidey,Hegarty, Sitauti

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd say Ah Nau is a shoe-in to re-sign (as oppose to resign), he's the Rebels' scrum coaches' favourite son and surely your scrum coach has some sway over signing props?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
2014 players at the moment

Props - Weekes, Alo Emile, Lahiff, Aloheli
Hooker - Sexton, Leafa
Locks- Pyle, Neville, Thomson
Back Row - Higinbotham, Faainga, Reid, Timani, Fulgistaller
Half - Burgess, Stirzy
Fly Half - Roberts
Centers - Inman, Mitchell, English
Wing - Vuna , Rockabaro
Full Back Woodward

Definitely leaving- Henderson, Robinson, King, Delve, Davidson, phipps, Kingi
Not Resigned yet- Ah nau, Horie,Saffy,Dyer,Jones,Beale,JOC (James O'Connor), Sidey,Hegarty, Sitauti

I think this seems just about right. My understanding was that English and Aholeilei were only on one-year deals, and Situati two... Could very well be wrong though. Really appreciate the help with this

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Real shame to see Ged Robinson and Gareth Delve leave, going to be big holes to fill.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Colby Faiinga goes and develops next year with a good pre season and hopefully no injuries...

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
Robinson is interesting, clearly looking to get back into a NZ S15 side I guess. Could he not have signed for HB and still play at the Rebels? ITM is later in the year...

We had better sign Saffy, he has given us plenty in A and D since returning.

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
Real shame to see Ged Robinson and Gareth Delve leave, going to be big holes to fill.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Colby Faiinga goes and develops next year with a good pre season and hopefully no injuries.
I reckon he is going to be huge. We have so much backrow talent though being a selector is tough! I honestly think Colby will be pushing all the other 7s in AUS. He is probably the most physical of the lot, there is huge upside I think.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
not sure why everyone is suggesting Ged is gone on the back of the hawkes bay signing. that could, and probably is a deal to play for them when super rugby finishes.
if he wanted an NZ super rugby contract why would he go to ITM when he's already playing super rugby? that makes no sense.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
He is a great asset to the rebels. I agree with what u r saying. Lilo played 2 years ago. Manu played last year. But both play for Aussie teams. In s15

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Scott Allen mentioned on the podcast w won't be back because of the foreign player rules. Same as delve.

Status
Not open for further replies.