• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v CHIEFS Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
What is going on with the rebel at this year by the way? Hardly ever see anyone in their area and not much noise. Assuming its disbanded?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Rennie has laid an official complaint about the TMO

That 3rd ruling, ruling a knock on when no one even had sight of the ball from any camera angle, is the most ridiculous I have ever seen.

- especially in the context of the previous two decisions where the benefit of the doubt was given and no "clear and obvious" reason was seen for not awarding the try. Fair enough on those two. But to then turn around and rule on something which he also had no "clear and obvious" reason is blatant inconsistency.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Chiefs have won the game and got the bonus point.

Should really consider themselves lucky as many think they should have had a player sin binned during the game and that could have really had a effect on the outcome.

They can complain all they want they still got the result so need to just move onto next week.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The Chiefs have won the game and got the bonus point.

Should really consider themselves lucky as many think they should have had a player sin binned during the game and that could have really had a effect on the outcome.

They can complain all they want they still got the result so need to just move onto next week.

The TMO has to be accountable for bad decisions.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The TMO has to be accountable for bad decisions.
The ref was horrible both ways. Chiefs second try he was completely in the way of the defender coming across, he did not punish anything at the break down pretty much and there was a lot of not even bothering to roll away as he was not going to blow it up. The Chiefs got away with murder and if it was a SA ref the way it should have been the result could well be a different story.

And both sides came in from the sides at nearly every ruck in the end.

The video may not show it as a knock on but it was right in front of me and certainly did look like one.

I thought the Ref used the TMO way to much on Friday night, I think all Refs are scared to make the final decisions in case they get it wrong and use the TMO against their better judgement.

What I am really sick and tired of is getting bloody Kiwi refs when it's a Australian and Kiwi team playing. The penalties that the Chiefs got away with at the Scrum was like watching Sir Ritchie at first receiver. How many times the Chiefs flanker left the scrum before the ball was out was crazy.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Better to complain when you win rather than when you lose. Good on him if that is how he feels. Official is the key word as he has gone through the right channels.

D

daz

Geez, get a load of Daz.

Clearly not a flog like your good self.

Careful there champ. Getting a bit personal.

I just wonder if you tell the boys how bad they are when they walk the fenceline after the game, or if you save it for the internet.

I understand getting angry after a loss, but your post was just a bit OTT, when nearly everyone else seems to see that the boys had a real crack. They are a bottom ranked team for a reason, but that doesn't mean they don't put in.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Better to complain when you win rather than when you lose. Good on him if that is how he feels. Official is the key word as he has gone through the right channels.
I think Hill and Higgers response to the Question says enough. Hill really avoided the question so he didn't get himself into trouble.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Careful there champ. Getting a bit personal.

What kind of "supporter" are you?
Pottle. Kettle. Black.

I just wonder if you tell the boys how bad they are when they walk the fenceline after the game, or if you save it for the internet.
I don't go to the players, after the game, and read the below.

I understand getting angry after a loss, but your post was just a bit OTT, when nearly everyone else seems to see that the boys had a real crack. They are a bottom ranked team for a reason, but that doesn't mean they don't put in.
It's not just one loss, it's consistent losses. You've concluded from that post, that I didn't believe the boys had a crack. I singled out two players for negative reasons (one for larger issues, another for school boy like errors) and two players I acknowledged because they're consistent performers. If you read my subsequent posts also, you'll notice similar acknowledgements.

Some people have far greater rose tinted glasses than others.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Not the best photo, but banner(s) for the game: "80 MINUTES" "NO SURRENDER"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-frc1/420706_10201040366233887_1432272769_n.jpg

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Hill and Higgers response to the Question says enough. Hill really avoided the question so he didn't get himself into trouble.

That is the worst, most embarrassing rugby interview I have ever seen. Hill and Higgenbotham looks and interplay around the referee questions makes them look immature and lame. Lets point out a couple of things

1. The in-play about the referee. Are you fucking joking? The TMO was referred to 5 times, in those 5 times, regardless of what was on the screen, the Rebels were given the decison all 5 times. Despite what the world could see (Phil One Eye couldnt' believe it FFS). Hill - you saw it, the audacity you are showing here is beyond belief. The 2 fwd passes, fine whatever, I think both were fwd, but I can see why not called. But then to deny the chiefs last try on evidence much thinner than both those forward passes? Fuck me. And then to hear you whinge about the refereeing. If you don't understand the breakdown and how it's officiated - whose problem is that? That's right, its yours. Yours alone.

2. "A game we should have won". Really, you should have won that? Despite the fact the structure of your defence is akin to a bunch of 2 year olds charging around after watching power rangers? Despite that any other TMO on the planet probably would have adjusted the scoreline to be chiefs by minimum 13, probably 20. Delusional.

The only way the Rebels could have won that, was if Beale had started, as he was absolute dynamite. And then you were in with a shout. But the rebels still would have needed to score 40+ with their defensive issues.

D

daz

That is the worst, most embarrassing rugby interview I have ever seen. Hill and Higgenbotham looks and interplay around the referee questions makes them look immature and lame. Lets point out a couple of things *SNIP*

The only way the Rebels could have won that, was if Beale had started, as he was absolute dynamite. And then you were in with a shout. But the rebels still would have needed to score 40+ with their defensive issues.

Anyone would think you are a Chiefs supporter, MR. Wait, you are? :p

This is purely my opinion, but let's take the TMO out of the discussion. And so we are comparing apples to apples, lets take the ref out as well (IMO he was dreadful, for BOTH sides).

What we had was two teams that had a full on crack for 80 minutes. Both teams turned over ball a bit too much, and yes, the Rebels defense lived up to expectations. But let's not forget that the Chiefs leaked 5 tries, which is only one less than the Rebels let in. Forget the TMO, that is what the scoreboard says.

For the Rebels, there were two major bench fuck-ups which I lay squarely at the feet of Hill:

1) Beale came on far too late. Everyone knew he was jumping out of his skin to play, and when he is like that, it is usually pretty special. Story. End. Of.
2) The Rebels were being absolutely smashed at the breakdown. Seriously spanked. And yet the player best suited to attempt to negate that part of the game was left on the bench until the dying minutes. If Delve was fit enough to be on the bench, he was fit enough to get on the field when we needed him; not when it was too late.

11 tries and some of the best attacking rugby I have seen from both teams.

The highlights? The charge down try by Retallick (and the look of pure disbelief by JOC (James O'Connor)) was brilliant. The Beale solo effort was sensational and the double by Pyle was a personal favourite.

Yup, of course everyone has differing views and most whinges are valid. But like I said before, this was edge of your seat stuff and I loved it. Fair play to both teams.

It's called Super Rugby for a reason. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.