• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thoughts on Folau to rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
For what it's worth, I asked one of the current Tahs what Izzy was like as a bloke. The response: "He works very hard, is very humble and doesn't sit at the back of team meetings on twitter like a schoolgirl." He belongs in our game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For what it's worth, I asked one of the current Tahs what Izzy was like as a bloke. The response: "He works very hard, is very humble and doesn't sit at the back of team meetings on twitter like a schoolgirl." He belongs in our game.

There seem to be a number in Heavensgame that do precisely that.

Is that to say that those who twitter like schoolgirls when they should be participating in team activities do not belong in our game?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the chair of the meeting runs it so poorly that those present are so disengaged or ill-prepared for such they have time to pissfart around on their mobiles, then as far as I am concerned that is not a meeting, it is a managerial cop out and leadership failure.

T

TOCC

Still too early to order a personalized "Folau" Wallabies jersey from Kooga?

Nah they're sold out, but i hear there is gong to be an exclusive NSW release of 'Folau 4 Prime Minister' if you're interested...

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
To my surprise, the inside back page of the Daily Terror in Sydney was a full page story on Izzy and his impact, specifically that Jonah Lomu thinks he's actually quite good and should be selected for the Wallabies. I was quite pleased until I read:

"He will learn more and fast-track himself being around Robbie more than anything else. The two of them are such great thinkers of the game.

"The experience Robbie has, and the talent he has nurtured and been around before, I think he can help Izzy mature into a great Test player."

Aaah, well, Jonah. About that last bit...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
To my surprise, the inside back page of the Daily Terror in Sydney was a full page story on Izzy and his impact, specifically that Jonah Lomu thinks he's actually quite good and should be selected for the Wallabies. I was quite pleased until I read:

"He will learn more and fast-track himself being around Robbie more than anything else. The two of them are such great thinkers of the game.

"The experience Robbie has, and the talent he has nurtured and been around before, I think he can help Izzy mature into a great Test player."

Aaah, well, Jonah. About that last bit.
The Terror also labelled a photo of Matt To'omua as 'Matt Tomane'. A new hybrid pivoting-winger.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
man, sometimes I hate foxsports. Probably my fault for assuming tho, but I assumed we'd see a replay of the tahs game before the brumbies game today, should have checked I guess but nah, I can watch some loig games tho sigh.

So, looks like it was a bit of a white wash but fill me in, how did he go? Twas only two or three weeks ago that to me it hit me that he has what it takes, and since then he has improved every time I watched him.

Has he continued that improvement, seemingly every game? Did some good things last night?

Is it worth catching the replay (I think from memory they replay the games, on tues for god's sake) or just watch the highlights on mon.

He went fabulous. Absolutely carved up every time he touched the ball. Tuesday is replay day on Fox but you'll have to be able to be at home during the day, have iQ or a DVD/VCR recorder.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm wondering if the debate has shifted from not if he should play or not but can he win us a game against the Lions?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd like to sum my thoughts up on this entire thread:

Thoughts on Folau to rugby

c6f.gif

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I really want izzy to stay in rugby.

Not only because he is an awsome playes but the league melt down would be EPIC!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
league will claim it as proof that their players are better, they will conveniently forget the Rugby players who have maed the switch.

D

daz

If Izzy has any desire, and I mean any, to stake a claim at being the best he can be in this game, prove he is a serious and loyal young man as well as prove the mercenary tag is completely false, he should re-sign with the Tahs for another 2 years. Stat.

Not the Reds, or the Rebels, or the Bulldogs, or the Sydney Swans, or the fucking Wagga 3rd XV, but the Tahs.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Todd Greenberg, when announcing his acceptance of the 2IC position at the NRL, stated that his primary objectives were: (1) to keep SBW in the game and (2) to bring back to the game, Israel Folau.

Greenberg is very smart and he will have the support of Channel 9 boosting the financials offered. Izzy and his family have always chased the dollars, so I think it will be an expensive battle to win his signature and have him stay in our code. Let's remember that he is a winger and that there are many other mouths to feed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely rugby is in the better position seeing as an NRL club is only allowed to pay his salary where as we can give him a salary via the ARU and his club. If he's getting 400k from the ARU and 250k from the Tahs, then you add in Wallabies match payments he could go close to 800k. I'm sure the Tahs might be able to up his offer to close to a million with recent departures. Can an NRL club afford that?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Mitchell, barnes, timani all heading overseas - tahs can afford to pay him more than $250K and don't forget 3rd party money. i would say whatever large 3rd parties would sponsor him in league would also do so in union.
with the ARU top up, no reason rugby can't match league in dollars.
from a current afl player i know well - gary ablett going to the suns was the first time an afl player got a third party deal over 100k a year. only players that got serious 3rd party money before were wallabies and cricket players. afl and nrl don't have the national recognition to warrant the big bucks. now in afl there are a couple more on that kind of dough. izzy, if he becomes a wallaby, would get significantly more 3rd party money in rugby than in league.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Matthew Johns claimed this morning that Folau is more likely to stay in rugby at this stage. But, it appears that Johns is fairly out of the loop when it comes to Folau.

Hope a decision is made soon. Hopefully Folau will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.