• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal123

Frank Row (1)
there is no doubt the peters backs do take some effort in containing,
how many of the peters players are backing up from last year prem side?
must say i was very surprise that villa got over them, one result from that round i certainly did not predict.

Bennent, Enoch, Sovori, Henley, there Number 8, Mullins, Laurie, they backed up last year in the prem side. I really think that the peters winger 14 has good attacking skills and good foot work, i have no doubt that he will do really well throughout the rest of the season. His speed really helped peters hold back padua in round two with his 100m intercept try. However his tackling skills need some improvement buy the next game, but he has great promise as seen in his try saving tackle on Saturday against villa in the first half.

AICrugbyfans

Frank Row (1)
Bennent, Enoch, Sovori, Henley, there Number 8, Mullins, Laurie, they backed up last year in the prem side. I really think that the peters winger 14 has good attacking skills and good foot work, i have no doubt that he will do really well throughout the rest of the season. His speed really helped peters hold back padua in round two with his 100m intercept try. However his tackling skills need some improvement buy the next game, but he has great promise as seen in his try saving tackle on Saturday against villa in the first half.

I agree, when I came out to watch that game, the peter's winger (14) played fantastic. A lot of line breaks and scored numerous tries! The interception try was great to see how he reads plays and he read it perfectly, because if he didn't get the ball Padua were back in the game 12-10 kick to come. Very impressed!

crystal123

Frank Row (1)
Thank you its great to see that someone else can recognize talent when they see it. Lets hope that he can keep up this impressive streak that he has at the moment. I hope that someone recognizes him and give us another great professional rugby player.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
AIC 1-

1.Afele (SEC)
2.McSweeney (ASH)
3.?
4.McCully (SEC)
5.Lancashire (ASH)
6.Clarke (ASH)
7.Wilkin (IONA)
8.Junior (SPC)
9.Sorovi (SPLC)/Turner (SEC)
10. Turpin (SEC)/Treleaven (ASH)
11. Dawson (IONA)
12. .Devine (ASH)
13.Humphries (SEC)
14. Manning (ASH)
15. Henley (SPLC)

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Just in regards to the AIC teams there is only two boys applying to play/making themselves available for selection in the AIC teams. ALl other boys are choosing to do Confroternity Rugby League due to their league backgrounds.

KIA

Frank Row (1)
Did anyone see the Peter's and Padua game 2 weeks ago? Some of the Peter's backs are very effective and have played cultural representive footy at a high level. Bennent, Enoch, Sovori, Henley, there Number 8, Mullins, Laurie! These have unbelievable talent and skill. So I hope selecters can watch these boys play. Also the speed this back line is great, especially Henley and Number 14 (Hansen) the Peters AIC swim captain. Really looking ofrward to the game this weekned against SEC!
No. 8 is Fa'aoso

expert123

Stan Wickham (3)
AIC 1-

1.Afele (SEC)
2.McSweeney (ASH)
3.?
4.McCully (SEC)
5.Lancashire (ASH)
6.Clarke (ASH)
7.Wilkin (IONA)
8.Junior (SPC)
9.Sorovi (SPLC)/Turner (SEC)
10. Turpin (SEC)/Treleaven (ASH)
11. Dawson (IONA)
12. .Devine (ASH)
13.Humphries (SEC)
14. Manning (ASH)
15. Henley (SPLC)
Clifton Setu at 14 instead of Manning.

7ajax7

Stan Wickham (3)
A lot of eddies fanboys talking smack on here, as a St. Laurences parent let's be real here and acknowledge that ashgrove is the premier force of the AIC season, there loss to St. Edmunds was very un-characteristic for a side that is usually un-beatable. St. Edmunds still have a big hurdle in the shape of St. Peters and Iona. It's good however to see some good competition in the AIC.

expert123

Stan Wickham (3)
A lot of eddies fanboys talking smack on here, as a St. Laurences parent let's be real here and acknowledge that ashgrove is the premier force of the AIC season, there loss to St. Edmunds was very un-characteristic for a side that is usually un-beatable. St. Edmunds still have a big hurdle in the shape of St. Peters and Iona. It's good however to see some good competition in the AIC.
If this comment is based about me saying Clifton Setu should be 14 instead of Manning then what's your point? Everyone is entitled to there own opinions on who should be in AIC 1 or 2. Also, I wouldn't say Marist is "usually unbeatable." Look at the past 5 years of the AIC Rugby 1st competition, they haven't been independent premiers and the main reason they go so good in the overall standing is because of their B and C teams. Also, how is "there loss to St. Edmunds very un-characteristic"? SEC has challenged them for the past 4 years and have had more Queensland schoolboy Representatives. People have to wake up and realise that Ashgrove isn't unbeatable. May sound like I'm talking up Eddies but for a team not expected to go anywhere this year and losing two great players (Harley Fox (QLD u16's) and Iziah Perese (QLD u16's, while being 15, and u15's Met West Regional Player of the Tournament) you'd think they deserve some type of ACKNOWLEDGMENT. Also mark my words, Iziah Perese will make Australian Schoolboys in yr 12.

420rugby

Frank Row (1)
Marist has never lost the rugby aggregate, if you have seen the marist side play you know that they are the form side of almost every age group (except for 15's??, correct me if im wrong) Ashgrove will win the remainder of their games this year (villa, peters and iona) and will have a strong representation in the AIC teams. By the way lets be honest here, St. Peters bought a premiership last year.

expert123

Stan Wickham (3)
Marist has never lost the rugby aggregate, if you have seen the marist side play you know that they are the form side of almost every age group (except for 15's??, correct me if im wrong) Ashgrove will win the remainder of their games this year (villa, peters and iona) and will have a strong representation in the AIC teams. By the way lets be honest here, St. Peters bought a premiership last year.
Can't see them beating Iona.

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC 1-

1.Afele (SEC)
2.McSweeney (ASH)
3.?
4.McCully (SEC)
5.Lancashire (ASH)
6.Clarke (ASH)
7.Wilkin (IONA)
8.Junior (SPC)