• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy 4 lyfe

Bob McCowan (2)
One to Watch:

Pat Beveridge, (ASH) number 8.His soild statuer and his towering presence give him the mental advantage on the feild.He has one of the best work ethics at the break down i have seen, at any level. The pace that he hits the breakdown is simpily outstanding, and is defence is soild making every tackle that comes his way. His ability to turnover the ball is one that should see him in either AIC 1 or definitly AIC 2. look for a big one this week against Villinova

420rugby

Frank Row (1)
The ashgrove loosehead Joe Cloake is an absolute must in my opinion. With tree trunk legs and arms the size of ham legs he is un-stoppable in close quarters situations. His background in MMA fighting also pays off with his ruck work, very strong and good at grappling. His performance against St. Edmunds, ask the eddies forwards...

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
I hope the players realise that selectors don't actually read these forums, and promoting your own name on here does nothing to help your case for an AIC jumper.

has anyone ever noticed that the truly talented players are generally humble and don't see the need to talk themselfs up.

Rugbyboss13

Frank Row (1)
What's your opinions in the padua side. They haven't got any bigs names but when they play footy they can play some pretty good footy

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
Ashgrove in the past has seemed to be unbeatable but that has all changed in the past 5 years. In every age group there are multiple teams all contesting for that first place. They just seem to win overall aggregate because of their strength in the B-D teams due to the size of the school.
This has made AIC a much more exciting competition with Multiple schools all competing in every sport, there is no school which is weak in every age group at everything, which I think is a great thing. The only exception is the scholarships that are evidently starting to come into St Peters, with a few people in each sport being bought and dominating then everyone else majorly lacking behind does wreck the spirit of the competition in my opinion. This is obviously evident with their swimming team, and their rugby last year, They won firsts and came last in overall aggregate.

Jonesy@Pad

Frank Row (1)
Not sure about this years side but I can confirm that the 13As, 14As and 15As are traveling very well - all undefeated. 15As also won both trials including an impressive trial win against Eddies just after their NZ tour. Things looking good for about 2 years time.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure about this years side but I can confirm that the 13As, 14As and 15As are traveling very well - all undefeated. 15As also won both trials including an impressive trial win against Eddies just after their NZ tour. Things looking good for about 2 years time.
Can back you up on the statement about the 14A's, I have a brother in the side for Ashgrove and the premiership match for that competition seems to be ASH v PAD. That year level has always been one of the strongest at Padua.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
does anyone have a link to a table for all ages?
I myself have looked for one. I know Padua used to have them but now they don't so I've taken to making my own. However, I only follow First XV, Second XV, 16A, 16B, 16C and 14A.

7ajax7

Stan Wickham (3)
Has anone heard anything about Matt Officen, his slenderman figure allows him to loom up over almost any supporter group and take some of the greatest snaps of all time. His stats for the Padua vs. Villa game were very impressive. Definitely my pick for AIC 1/2 photographer

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ashgrove in the past has seemed to be unbeatable but that has all changed in the past 5 years. In every age group there are multiple teams all contesting for that first place. They just seem to win overall aggregate because of their strength in the B-D teams due to the size of the school.
This has made AIC a much more exciting competition with Multiple schools all competing in every sport, there is no school which is weak in every age group at everything, which I think is a great thing. The only exception is the scholarships that are evidently starting to come into St Peters, with a few people in each sport being bought and dominating then everyone else majorly lacking behind does wreck the spirit of the competition in my opinion. This is obviously evident with their swimming team, and their rugby last year, They won firsts and came last in overall aggregate.

I think you guys really need to give it a rest on this whole Peters scholarship talk. It sounds like a few people still have sour grapes from last year's premiership. School boy rugby, whether you like it or not, is all about results, and some schools just don't have the numbers to compete in every age group in order to achieve those results. School's like Peters, Padua and Patties don't have the same number of boys to pick from and are always going to be at a disadvantage. If these schools decide to subsidise a few students school fees to attract athletes then so be it. My whole family went to Marist and my older brothers remember playing in Ashgrove 1st xv team's against Peters in the late 90's/early 2000's who were more than competitive. I for one believe a competitive St Peters adds to the AIC competition and wish more people would just enjoy the talented rugby they offer. There is no need to comment on this scholarship stuff anymore, lets just talk footy.

Footy 4 lyfe

Bob McCowan (2)
Tips:
Ashgrove Vs Villanova
Iona Vs St Lawences
St Pats Vs Padua
St Edmunds Vs St Peters

Ashgrove by 7
Iona by 40+
St Pats by 10
St Edmunds by 12

St Edmunds Vs St peters should be the game of the round.

Jordan Ayton

Herbert Moran (7)
for 16/A's
Iona - 6
SLC - 6
Ash - 4
SPLC - 4
SEC - 2
Padua - 2
SPC - 0
Villa - 0

for 15/A's
Ash - 6
Padua - 6
Iona - 4
SEC - 4
SPC - 2
Villa - 2
SPLC - 0
SLC - 0

ill start posting these in the articles if everyone want them up

AICrugbyfans

Frank Row (1)
Tips:
Ashgrove Vs Villanova
Iona Vs St Lawences
St Pats Vs Padua
St Edmunds Vs St Peters

Ashgrove by 7
Iona by 40+
St Pats by 10
St Edmunds by 12

St Edmunds Vs St peters should be the game of the round.

I honestly think Villanova will give Ashgrove a run for their money, there fight against Peters last round was fantastic. There spirit and the ability to stand together as a team was impressive! ALso don't right off St Peters, I know they have had a bad start to the season, however I believe Eddies have a very tough game coming up this weekend! Peters will be playing better after two losses and will want to get a few W's next to their name for the remainder of the season.

Tips:
Ashgrove vs Villanova
Iona vs Lauries
Pats vs Padua
Eddies vs Peters

Villanova by 3
Iona by 24
Pats by 17
Peters by 8

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
AICrugbyfans villa over ash really? love your optimism.

thanks to ruggasXV for the table anyone got the 13's?
looks like iona will be a force to reckon with next year, 1st, 2nds 16 A 16 B alll undeafted

Status
Not open for further replies.