• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuadrewws

Frank Row (1)
AIC 1-

1.Afele (SEC)
2.McSweeney (ASH)
3.Ikaika Fa'aoso (SPLC)
4.McCully (SEC)
5.Lancashire (ASH)
6.Clarke (ASH)
7.Wilkin (IONA)
8.Junior (SPC)
9.Sorovi (SPLC)/Turner (SEC)
10. Turpin (SEC)/Treleaven (ASH)
11. Dawson (IONA)
12. .Devine (ASH)
13.Humphries (SEC)
14. Henley(SPLC)
15. Setu (SEC)

This will definitely be the AIC team for sure no doubt, this wll be a destructive backline.

Rugbyboss13

Frank Row (1)
As an old boy of St. Pats it was good to see the first XV boys get a win over Padua on the weekend. But the amount of foul and grubby play that pats conducted was dreadful. It's a shame to see what the game has come to now with the amount of late shots I saw that day. One being after the whistle was blown when fly half Sam Collins knocked it on. Also the referees on the weekend were shocking. I was standing on the other side of the field when a penalty goal was kicked by fullback Joe Andrews from Padua. I watched it go in and was astonished to see it that it was not awarded. I know I'm ranting on a bit but I'm the kind of guy who enjoys and good solid contest for the victory. But that game was an embarrassment as to who I support. I know I'm a Pats old boy and supporter but Padua were robbed of a win on the weekend.

ajb

Frank Row (1)
Ashgrove in the past has seemed to be unbeatable but that has all changed in the past 5 years. In every age group there are multiple teams all contesting for that first place. They just seem to win overall aggregate because of their strength in the B-D teams due to the size of the school.
This has made AIC a much more exciting competition with Multiple schools all competing in every sport, there is no school which is weak in every age group at everything, which I think is a great thing. The only exception is the scholarships that are evidently starting to come into St Peters, with a few people in each sport being bought and dominating then everyone else majorly lacking behind does wreck the spirit of the competition in my opinion. This is obviously evident with their swimming team, and their rugby last year, They won firsts and came last in overall aggregate.
Tired of the old perception st peters bought last years premiership.I am led to believe that all but one boy had been there since grade 8 .Does that mean they bought it?

Joshuadrewws

Frank Row (1)
I don't think Manning wll make it over Clifton Setu, that is why with Setu at fullback and Henly at wing the backline will destroy GPS in the backline, Manning hasn't standard out in any games this year that i've seen

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
I believe manning was one of Ashgrove stand out players in there loss to eddies, and also against pats in their first games when he scored a hattrick.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't think Manning wll make it over Clifton Setu, that is why with Setu at fullback and Henly at wing the backline will destroy GPS in the backline, Manning hasn't standard out in any games this year that i've seen

Manning has produced standout performances in almost all games this year. As previously mentioned by ruggun11, scoring a hattrick against pats and then being an ASH highlight against Eddies, while also crucial in Marist's late victory against Villa setting up the final two tries in the dying minutes.

I believe he deserves a place in AIC 1 undoubtedly, I'm unsure but have heard he plays wing alongside fullback.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
So
Manning has produced standout performances in almost all games this year. As previously mentioned by ruggun11, scoring a hattrick against pats and then being an ASH highlight against Eddies, while also crucial in Marist's late victory against Villa setting up the final two tries in the dying minutes.

I believe he deserves a place in AIC 1 undoubtedly, I'm unsure but have heard he plays wing alongside fullback.
Guys as seen from previous posts posted by yous, it seems you are only backing your mates up.

However these argument is more like who will be full back for AIC 2. Adrian Henley will make AIC 1 because of his experience. Eddies fans saw what he is capable of on the weekend. What can you say about your mate?

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
So
Guys as seen from previous posts posted by yous, it seems you are only backing your mates up.

However these argument is more like who will be full back for AIC 2. Adrian Henley will make AIC 1 because of his experience. Eddies fans saw what he is capable of on the weekend. What can you say about your mate?

I'm unable to speak for anyone else, but as a 25 year old uni graduate, I don't know any of the players personally.

I find it amusing that youre allowed to talk up a boy from Eddies, yet I give mention to the performance of Manning, all of which are documented heavily throughout this thread and suddenly I must be a close friend? Results don't lie and if his scoring and assist rates don't credit him as a valuable player, the various mentions he has received from a wide spectrum of users should.

Ruggers54

Frank Row (1)
As I observe the thrashing of St Laurences by a Strong Iona team who definitely look like they will go through the season undefeated, numerous individuals stood out to who I would think be contenders for AIC 1:

Number 5 unsure of his name , Brad Wilkin (best player I seen so far in AIC), Number 9 think goes by the name Lewis, Todd Dawson & Outside Centre Sione Hola

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
S
I have limited knowledge of this years Schooboy Rugby outside of St Peters, Marist and Eddies, but Sam Clarke played number 7 for AIC 1 last year as a 16 year old. Providing Wilkin was in the AIC competition last year what stopped him from taking this from Clarke? Personally Clarke is one of the most talented players I have witnessed and hopefully free of injury will make him an even greater standout then last year. Should be an exciting match up between the pair if Wilkin is as much of a "freak" as you say.

Expecting a very strong team from Marist this year, as 5 or so played 1st last year.

But as you said, only the season and selection will tell.

Note: Not a Marist boy, calling it how i see it.
If Sam Clarke was that good then he would of had a spot in either QLD1 or QLD2 you cannot say he is an outstanding player unless he has the talent to go up against players like Junior Fakaosilea and Brad Wilkins, Junior Fakaosilea was 16 as well when he became an Australian schoolboy and Wilkins didn't even trial, yet still made Australia schools. You have to really think about how you mention players and their abilities.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
S
If Sam Clarke was that good then he would of had a spot in either QLD1 or QLD2 you cannot say he is an outstanding player unless he has the talent to go up against players like Junior Fakaosilea and Brad Wilkins, Junior Fakaosilea was 16 as well when he became an Australian schoolboy and Wilkins didn't even trial, yet still made Australia schools. You have to really think about how you mention players and their abilities.

"I have limited knowledge of this years Schooboy Rugby outside of St Peters, Marist and Eddies"

My comment was made unaware of the fact that Wilkin who goes to IONA, a school I mentioned not having a strong knowledge in was injured at the time of selection. Aside from that Junior wasn't in the AIC last year, outside of Nudgee I don't follow GPS. I don't have to think about how I mention anyone because it's only my opinion and this forum holds no say in any selection process or greater purpose. I could start talking up a player in the lowest team of the worst performing school with no consequence.

But Clarke has been struggling with shoulder problems over the past two years and I believe someone previously mentioned that this has affected his performance throughout this season. On that note I did not once mention the word "outstanding?" If youre going to quote me at least try and get it right. I did call Clarke talented, when saying he was one of the "most talented" players I had seen, I expected to see further progression this year. Regardless of how much, i still stand by my comment, he has talent.

I have no doubt that Wilkin is the most talented player I have seen in the AIC competition, but I find it odd that youre drawing on quotes from before the start of the season,\.

Steve turner

Frank Row (1)

I have watched 3 out of the 4 Marist games this year and yes Manning can score tries but he wouldn't unless it was for Treleaven and Devine. Yes he has pace but his defence is beyond weak and has missed numerous tackles that need to be made for a 1st XV fullback.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
xxxx you would be pretty surprised how Villa played last week, don't under-estimate them just yet!

I'm sorry but Villa are very average. They won against a heavily depleted SPLC side that also lost one of there better players to concussion during the game (Bennett) and possibly the worst refereeing I have seen in 2 or 3 years. That yellow card for Henley for a 'spear' tackle where the player was not lifted more than 30 centimeters and never, ever over the horizontal was simply atrocious. Granted, SPLC didn't play well but to consider Villa anything above average is ludicrous. And trust me I wanted Villa to win because SPLC beat my boys on the siren last year. But they were not the better side and should not be in the same conversation as Iona, SPLC, Ash or Eddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.