• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington 31
Riverview 14

Really good game Riverview punched well above their weight, 9 scored one of the best solo try's you I'll ever see. Sloppy ball handling cost Riverview but other than that they mached newington well. Newington overall though are huge over the park, well drilled and have some extremely mobile players. 15 and 14 were excellent.

Starting Lineup

Stan Wickham (3)
Newington 31
Riverview 14

Really good game Riverview punched well above their weight, 9 scored one of the best solo try's you I'll ever see. Sloppy ball handling cost Riverview but other than that they mached newington well. Newington overall though are huge over the park, well drilled and have some extremely mobile players. 15 and 14 were excellent.
Did Newington have any players missing ?

Mikeball

Bob McCowan (2)
For all Joeys rugby supporters (and those who have an interest) you can follow the Joeys rugby results and live score updates on Twitter.
#JoeysRugby

This service was started last season after the success of the JoeysCricket twitter feed.
A great idea for all the country families, old boys and fans who are unable to attend the games due to distance.

Wish more GPS schools would deliver such support. (are you listening Bellevue Hill?)

Scots do have a twitter account, Scots SPort i believe (and a website)

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys 20-15 Shore. fairly sloppy game alround, Shore were on top for most of the game but credit to Joeys for hanging in there and getting the win. Joeys need to get a few problems sorted if they are too win the comp though. Winger Tim McCutcheon scored the match winner through a great intercept with 5 to go, the kid is a real speedster and someone to look out for.

Best for Shore: 7, 10, 15
Joeys: 3, 4, 7, 8 and 10

Joeys won 2s after coming from behind, think the score was 23-17 but could be off. Heard that was a bit of a scuffle involving Taane and Bill Freeman, any have some information on that ?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm interested, how did the rest of the day go?
Oddly
High 13A's far too good.
15A's 5 all when an early half time was called because of injury and the game was ultimately abandoned without further play - not sure how that would have panned out.
Grammar 2nds far too good.
In the 1's High were a lot further behind Grammar than last year, when I think I reported that High might have won it. This is interesting because, to some extent, the feeling was that Grammar would not be as good this year. Either High have gone backwards or Grammar have improved.
I feel that Lachlan Fear is making great progress with Grammar in the 1s and is certainly influencing the younger ages positively.
My feeling is that the Grammar firsts should go OK against other school's thirds but it is a while since i have watched a 3rds game, to be frank!
The kids in 1s are very very keen to do well and reverse the 30 years trend.

Jamo Mum

Frank Row (1)
hey guys be sure to like our schoolboys rugby facebook page to keep up with all the news and results coming out of the GPS comp

https://www.facebook.com/australian.schools.rugby
I posted this in the CAS thread and I will say it again.

Finally a facebook page/forum that is NOT faceless!! I can't stand the fact that so many people attack talented young rugby boys whilst hiding behind a fake name /identity on the Green and Gold Forum!!! My name on Green and Gold Forum is “Jamo’s Mum” and for those who know me you know that I have always told it how it is!!! I feel blessed to have watched so many talented young men play some amazing rugby over the years and I am honoured to have become family friend with so many of these beautiful boys and their families who will be in contention for the Australian School Boys Team in 2013... Good Luck to all the boys and THANKYOU for allowing me to be part of some amazing footy over the last 13 years, I really am missing being on the side line taking photos for you all this year. Love Cathy XXXXXX

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Final score 50 / 14 Scots

Despite the score, it was quite a scrappy game, which is understandable given the limited game time both teams have had. Kings never looked like winning it and Scots dropped a lot of ball. The score could've ended up like the game at Kings last year.

in most games Scots followed the old Randwick philosophy of when in doubt, run it. It came off today, but they will need a plan B for the future. Having said that, it was a joy to watch and most Kings teams tried to adopt the same philosophy. Sometimes the defence may leave a little to be desired, but this level of Rugby is played how heaven intended.

Scots won 1's - 5's plus 16A's. So much for Kings vaunted depth.

T

tom frescan

newington were too big, strong and quick for the young view side today. 3 key players missing in the forward pack didnt help the case for view either, however the team still managed to put up a solid fight against this enormous and skillful newington team. The newington backline was as big, if not bigger then the view forwards. A try of the kick off in the 1st minute certainly left the view team shaking, with the score 7-0 after 60 seconds. However view got back on their feet and countered with a try from their quick winger, sam mete. Half time new lead 19-7, with another try early second half making it 26-7. One of the best tries I have ever seen came from the view number 9. Final score 31-14 was a relatively fair result for both sides. View managed to relatively defend well considering circumstances. Look forward to see how the historical riverview vs joeys match turns out in round 2. Riverview put up a gutsy performance and certainly look to be solid contenders in this years gps rounds.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS - this self depecating style appeals to me but seriously -how great for Grammar boys to sing the song and enjoy the moment! Well done Boys!

Also - well done to High! Keep it up Boys and you'll sing the song too!

Cheers, Wreckless :)
Its not necessarily self deprecating: it was acknowledgement that its not for comp points but that in the future it might be seen as the first step back.
I actually found it uplifting. I had a bit of a chat to Fear before the game and he said that the 1's were extremely nervous because of how keen they are to do well and felt that the school had expectations of them doing well. That told me that there are kids who care including those watching: and thats great.

Status
Not open for further replies.