• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Threats And How The Wallabies Can Counter Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I've just published the first in a five part series looking at the likely Lions team the Wallabies will face, the threats they will pose and how the Wallabies may counter those threats,

To show you what I think the Wallabies can expect there's a video with each part.

In part 1 I look at the front row and scrum - http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/lions-threats-and-how-to-counter-front-row-and-scrum/

In part 2 on Thursday I look at the locks and lineout.

Next week I'll look at the backrow & halves, the centres and the back three.

Hopefully this gives you a taste of what to expect when the Lions play their first match of the tour next weekend.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Love what you are doing, but saying Gray didnt have a great 6 nations is not fair, the games he played in he was very good.
Scotland won 21% of opposition lineouts during the 6 nations and that was even higher when he was on the field. I can the Lions disrupting a lot of the Wallabies lineout ball.

Gunner - I watched all his games in 2013 and he wasn't as good as he's been (in my opinion). Obviously I still though he did enough to warrant selection in the first Lions test but I was expecting more from him based on a really good 2012.

The guy who stole most of those lineouts for Scotland was Jim Hamilton.

I agree the Lions will disrupt a lot of the Wallabies ball but it would have been worse if Hamilton had made the Lions as many were saying he should.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Gunner - I watched all his games in 2013 and he wasn't as good as he's been (in my opinion). Obviously I still though he did enough to warrant selection in the first Lions test but I was expecting more from him based on a really good 2012.

The guy who stole most of those lineouts for Scotland was Jim Hamilton.

I agree the Lions will disrupt a lot of the Wallabies ball but it would have been worse if Hamilton had made the Lions as many were saying he should.
Agreed, but the ball only went to the 2nd jumper option because you cant throw near Gray - when Gray was out they avoided Hamilton and the stolen ball/disrupted ball count went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.