• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He's from Alstonville in NSW but is in the Brisbane ARU Academy. Not sure why they don't recognise him seeing the light and moving up to God's Country.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
The attitude to reporting McIntyre is interesting.
I hope it is a bias against Sunnybank and not him because if Qld don't sign him they will look like fools.
Jake White is in contact with him weekly and the kid is without doubt the best prospect at 10 since Lynagh.
Athletically gifted, the complete skill set, and none of the baggage of the current SXV crop or the arrogance of a certain young fly half often promoted on this forum.
A credit to everyone in Alstonville.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeh geez sorry really confused myself there, still feeling a little dusty after origin night beers.

Yeh i'd say he will be used against NZ but in saying that i'm not sure about the quality of the other props they brought over?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is the judiciary going a little soft this year? I know Damian Stower the GPS player who received a red card vs Sunnybank on the weekend got off his suspension as well. Not sure about the Sunnybank player though.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Is the judiciary going a little soft this year? I know Damian Stower the GPS player who received a red card vs Sunnybank on the weekend got off his suspension as well. Not sure about the Sunnybank player though.
A bit soft is an understatement. Amazed that anyone gets off a red card with no suspension. Does that mean that the judiciary considers the report by refs to be bullshit.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Is there a tendency from the judiciary to count red cards early in the game as time served? I think Freney from Brothers received time served for his red card in the semifinal last year. And I'm obviously not across all games, but I think Wade only received a week or two for an ugly spear tackle (whatever the rugby laws call it) after a red card for Uni against Souths also.

These could be the exceptions rather than the rule though. Anyone?

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nothing pisses me off more than Refs giving Red Cards out for fights in 3rd tier rugby, or any pro rugby. There is nothing wrong with a bit of a fire in a game. As Tigerland 12 could clarify, Easts vs Wests last week, a fight, punches thrown, 2 yellow cards, why do you need to go any further? Just pisses me off to the extreme.

Filth,
The one punch and your off rule has been in place in QLD rugby for more than a decade. So all players should be aware of it by now.
I'm sure the parents and players who played with Andrew Hahn (Sunnybank Colts 1995) would disagree - one punch next your dead.
Always missed but remembered always.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Filth,
The one punch and your off rule has been in place in QLD rugby for more than a decade. So all players should be aware of it by now.
I'm sure the parents and players who played with Andrew Hahn (Sunnybank Colts 1995) would disagree - one punch next your dead.

Agreed

Whilst I enjoy the spectacle the consequences are just not worth it.

Galen & Laurie Daly justifying the Origin Biff this week just shows how better quality of a candidate rugby league role models are to Union.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Filth,

I understand that was a very sad event, I remember my rugby coach telling us that story, apparently king hit when not looking? Is that true Leakytap? I apologize if this is a topic that some didn’t want brought up.

All I’m saying is that red cards shouldn’t be handed out if two players are going toe-to-toe after a good, strong game of rugby. For example, look at Ben Daley vs. Dan Palmer fight last year, Steve Walsh the referee handled it well and just gave a penalty to the Reds. Rugby Union should incorporate the same rules as the NRL; I mean the handbag throwing/slapping is just ridiculous. The Horwill vs Du Plessis slapping in the RWC was something similar to a girl scouts fight.

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
The attitude to reporting McIntyre is interesting.
I hope it is a bias against Sunnybank and not him because if Qld don't sign him they will look like fools.
Jake White is in contact with him weekly and the kid is without doubt the best prospect at 10 since Lynagh.
Athletically gifted, the complete skill set, and none of the baggage of the current SXV crop or the arrogance of a certain young fly half often promoted on this forum.
A credit to everyone in Alstonville.

Is this a G up? He belongs in Colts 2

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Some of the GAGR crew from the early days (Gagger, Moses, Cote, Lance, Timmsy and I) will be watching Wests v Brothers tomorrow before we tackle Reds v Lions.

Hopefully we can pace ourselves at lunch beforehand and Wests can put up a competitive performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.