• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
rawsteak, I think most want to see a traditional day of footy culminating in a 3:15 kick off in 1's. Until a small minority of buffoons get it through their head that the View v Joeys game is not played for their benefit, then the vast majority of rugby folk get "penalised" to prevent recurrences of their disgraceful conduct. Shame.

Money well spent on some peoples education?

rawsteak

Stan Wickham (3)
rawsteak, I think most want to see a traditional day of footy culminating in a 3:15 kick off in 1's. Until a small minority of buffoons get it through their head that the View v Joeys game is not played for their benefit, then the vast majority of rugby folk get "penalised" to prevent recurrences of their disgraceful conduct. Shame.
Fair point, but, surely if you have two years in a row where there were no incidents at all - the message has been sent to old boys of their expectations?

J

Josh Phillips

Apparently Joshua Mcenallay starting for view this weekend against joeys. Thoughts?

main event

Stan Wickham (3)
CTPE do you have a team list for Kings as they look to bounce back from a heavy defeat at the hands of Scots against an ominous Newington side.

U

Unders Line

It was fine the first year that they changed it to 11 am, they needed to prove a point. It is just ridiculous now

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Alcohol and junior sport, or schoolboy sport is not a good mix which ever way you look at it.

This is not just an AAGPS issue. Plenty of annecdotal evidence of inappropriate spectator behaviour in Junior Clubland and other school associations.

Lets hope wiser heads prevail this weekend for the View/Joeys game.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
This is unfortunately true. From my understanding it will be played at 11.15. With 2nds at 9.45!!! It bewilders me how you could let such a high grade team (2nds) play at a time when they usually wouldn't be awake.

Could be a hot topic to talk about in the lead up - in regards to the early game. I'm sure it will definitely effect the crowd numbers again and I personally hope that Joeys once again maintain the history of the game and play at 3.15 when they meet again later in the season.
What would have to be regarded as a less than average decision is that, due to time changes the SIC old boys switched their 5 year reunion to SJC home game later in the year insstead of being this weekend. Tasteful? I don't think so

Kentucky

Bob McCowan (2)
From the View director of co-curriculum

Finally, the GPS Round 2 Rugby fixture against SJC this Saturday always attracts a huge crowd. The firsts XV game will be played at 11.15am.This decision was not made in haste, but rather in consultation with members of the College Council, College executive and Dr Hine. The safety of all spectators was the primary reason for this game been played again at this earlier time slot. Hopefully we will be able to revert to the later timeslot in the years to come. Due to the nature of the draw there are some teams scheduled to be playing at this time, so I apologise in advance for this inconvenience.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I believe this is a cop out by those who made the decision. There are other ways and the only ones who are going to suffer are the parents and boys who play on Saturday, including the 1st and 2nds. For the amount of money these parents pay to send their boys to this school you would think that they could organise it better for all! If there is a 5 year reunion that concerns the school then they are the ones to deal with, and not punish all the other supporters

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
View teams looking very good with hunt and menzies still in a cloud of whether they will play almost certain hunt will play, menzies is yet to be back for a full run around on the ankle and loosing a few weeks you may see the penalties if he does play, with evan pritchard able to slot in anywhere if one of those 2 dont play im feeling view with a fast young team will get this game at home and ready to prove a point with people saying they are gonna be the wooden spooners, players to watch from view, half back, evan pritchard this kid will tackle all day and will give 110%, mcgregor and many others look forward to this encounter, good luck view, will post a 1 - 15 team when it is finished

rawsteak

Stan Wickham (3)
Very intrigued to see if the dominance in depth for Joeys still remains this weekend. For years Joeys have dominated consistently from around 3rds/4ths downwards and like wise in the younger age groups. This consistency is a testament to the work ethic and pride taken in Joeys which I don't think really can be matched. But from remarks from last round this was not so prominent - correct me if I'm wrong.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Very intrigued to see if the dominance in depth for Joeys still remains this weekend. For years Joeys have dominated consistently from around 3rds/4ths downwards and like wise in the younger age groups. This consistency is a testament to the work ethic and pride taken in Joeys which I don't think really can be matched. But from remarks from last round this was not so prominent - correct me if I'm wrong.
As luck would have it SJC 3rd XV is playing SGS 1st XV this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Picks for the weekend games? GPSRow, Wolf, Wrecklace, inside shoulder, what are your predictions?
Not much to add since I haven't seen any GPS 1sts and probably wont see any this season.
My predominant interest this season is to nurse SGS back to life but i can rarely pick against SJC.
So I'm just hoping SGs can beat the SJC 3rds - because i see that as a major step on rehab road.

biggameplayer

Stan Wickham (3)

I'm quite certain that this 'depth' you talk of is still alive and kicking. From last rounds fixtures against the Shore School, another nursery with fine depth across all age groups, Joeys recorded only 2 losses out of a possible 40+ games. Quite remarkable really. Although the real hard nosed Joeys faithful may even complain about such loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.