• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v British & Irish Lions, 3rd Test (Sydney)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Go fuck your self mate. The ref didn't win the game but he surely helped. He's scrums were bias as fuck! And then they scores
A try from a forward pass. What else do u want.

I am a but bias as well right is mate. I've had 15 stubbed and watched it delayed. Probably not the best.

But it was still bias. Refing. The ref was the best example. Te game is different down here. Simple as that

It is his job to judge players (Alexander in this case) harshly who refuse to bind and bellies out when it suits them.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Before the series we all feared the scrum would be our downfall. We did well for 2games and could have won it there but in the end the scrum came back to fuck us in the freckle.

In the words of Lote Tuqiri: See ya Robbie!

Staked it all on a number of gambles but the chips are gone i reckon.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
The first two tests were so close, either side could have won two nil, the third test was decisive 1/2 p was superb Felatau and lydiate proved their worth, shows I think we have some very good players up north.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is his job to judge players (Alexander in this case) harshly who refuse to bind and bellies out when it suits them.

Have to say that I'm suspicious of any scrum that collapses in which Alexander is a participant but to take just the one he was carded on the BIL loose head was bent at the waist (or what would have been his waist had he had one) and looked to me like he had hinged.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have to say that I'm suspicious of any scrum that collapses in which Alexander is a participant but to take just the one he was carded on the BIL loose head was bent at the waist (or what would have been his waist had he had one) and looked to me like he had hinged.

After the first penalties Poite was always going to give a card. I think Scott Allen even pointed this out in his analysis?

After this the loosehead could do what he likes. In fact on a few scrums Kepu hit him and he folded, arse in the air, and should have been penalised for hinging.

But it was too late by then. And whatever dominance we could muster on the hit was lost after Douglas went off.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The biggest problem with the scrum refing was not that the Lions won penalties there when they were dominant it was that we weren't given the same when we dominated a few. The prime example was the scrims on the Lions line when Kepu was on and Corbisero seemed to just go straight down. If that had been the wallabies you can guarantee that the lions would have immediately been awarded a penalty, but Poite instead just gives the Lions not one but two resets.

The other major issue was the breakdown. He didn't award a penalty for not rolling away until around 50 minutes. It is just like he forgot that rule then applied it at a random time.

The other random penalty was for sealing it off (against Lilo). Both teams had done plenty of this prior and then he comes up with a penalty mid second half. There was no consistency in his application of the laws.

And that leads me to the yellow card. At one point the penalties were running about 8-4 against the Lions and yet the wallabies were the ones that had received a yellow. How does that work? I can't even remember a warning issued to the Lions for repeat infringements when we were attacking their line.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
16. Fainga'a
17. Kepu
18. McMeniman
19. Hooper
20. Phipps
21. O'Connor
22. Godwin
23. Tapuai

I think you will find you need to have to have two props on the bench. That is why the bench increased to 8 even though you are only allowed 7 substitutions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Go fuck your self mate. The ref didn't win the game but he surely helped. He's scrums were bias as fuck! And then they scores
A try from a forward pass. What else do u want.

I am a but bias as well right is mate. I've had 15 stubbed and watched it delayed. Probably not the best.

But it was still bias. Refing. The ref was the best example. Te game is different down here. Simple as that

You're embarrassing yourself mate. As Hornet said, pull your fucking head in.... and maybe take some time to learn the laws of the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And that leads me to the yellow card. At one point the penalties were running about 8-4 against the Lions and yet the wallabies were the ones that had received a yellow. How does that work? I can't even remember a warning issued to the Lions for repeat infringements when we were attacking their line.

Having not heard the benefit of a replay yet, and not sure that I ever want to, was Faletau even on his feet when this miraculous steal occurred as we pressured their line? Didn't look like it from my seat in the nosebleeds.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
All the talk about Poite and his reffing of the scrums is to me at this stage not deserved. From my viewing Alexander was totally beaten and all the flaws that we know he has were there to see. He was carded for binding on the arm after he was specifically warned and Horwill told. Those who were here for the Myth V Baxter debate will recall that this is exactly what ended the latter's Wallaby career and ironically delivered the job to Alexander.

As for Poite's handling of the rest of the game I thought his performance was good and in keeping with his usual style. If the Wallabies didn't know what that was going to be they were not prepared properly in the same way South Africa weren't when Bryce Lawrence reffed the game in the RWC.

In any event the Lions tour was a great show case for Rugby fan-dom. The Wallabies played about what I expected they would under Deans and the results were as expected also, but this tour show cased the qualities that Rugby has to offer in terms of the fellowship and fraternity between the nations. I was privileged to attend the first test with great people and enjoy the atmosphere and joy of Rugby that the Lions crowd brought.

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
In any event the Lions tour was a great show case for Rugby fan-dom. The Wallabies played about what I expected they would under Deans and the results were as expected also, but this tour show cased the qualities that Rugby has to offer in terms of the fellowship and fraternity between the nations. I was privileged to attend the first test with great people and enjoy the atmosphere and joy of Rugby that the Lions crowd brought.

Agree 100%.
What a great bunch of fans and so many of them !

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The olde adage:

"A rugby team is only as good as its tight head prop"

sprang to mind last night. We need to find a fricken beast THP. ASAP.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wouldn't waste too much energy debating with Shiggins. His is not a vortex in which to get sucked.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The olde adage:

You won't get many in our shallow school or club systems.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The olde adage:

You may well be right but was it just me or was Corbisiero angling in at about 45 degrees on every single scrum?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
After the first penalties Poite was always going to give a card. I think Scott Allen even pointed this out in his analysis?

After this the loosehead could do what he likes. In fact on a few scrums Kepu hit him and he folded, arse in the air, and should have been penalised for hinging.

But it was too late by then. And whatever dominance we could muster on the hit was lost after Douglas went off.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .
That was my feeling too. It was called prior to the game by a few pundits - if you become the team that Poite feels is the weaker scrum, you'll struggle to get anywhere, even if you manage to improve things, like they seemed to do after Kepu came on. But we were just drilled, and what else could Poite do? Not sure I want to watch the replay to analyse it any further either! Scrum got owned, and we just have to suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.