• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Promising season start for BBC with wins in 13a, 14a, 15a, seconds and firsts.

Any team lists for TGS and BBC 1st XVs
BBC lead 18 nil at halftime. Your assumption is correct BBC. Backline too big . All tries but a Bowen. Chip. Chase came fr om offloads in tackle. By BBC. 10 , 12 & 13 . Nathan Russel is a huge. Nber 10 and offloaded twice for tries. TGS forwards tried hard.

I agree the 10,12&13 for BBC are very big and stood in tackles and off loaded all day.Josh Bowens chip -chase try from half way was a gem.He did not kick to his usual standard though.Best for BBC were
-Russell (maybe he can play 10);
-Taug at 6.

Gunther is back next week.Will Barker bite the bullett and put Bronson at 2 and Gunther at 8?Nice problem to have.But the 2 TGS tries -both in forwards -were soft.And to go from 18 nil at the break to 18-14 after 10 mins in 2nd half was deja vu from 2012.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
BGS seemed to be just tired towards the end of the 2nd half - maybe a few fresh legs would've helped. I didn't think Grammar used any of their reserves.

Bad tactical error by Emtage not using any of the reserves.
Blind freddy could see the grammar forwards were
fatigued and you must defend your lead.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Bad tactical error by Emtage not using any of the reserves.
Blind freddy could see the grammar forwards were
fatigued and you must defend your lead.

There seems to be a bit of a drop off with the BGS forwards in terms of skill level and importantly, experience. Harry Egan and the other forwards might not have been up to the job.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Gee Taipan-that is a big call>you picked TGS to win by 9!TGS had 1 Aust A rep and numerous GPS reps and if ever this was a match TGS was going to win -this was it.It was sideways rain until halfway through the 2nds.BBC won 13A ,14A <15 A and 2nds.Were they weak TGS teams too??? or just maybe is Phillpotts plan of level 3 coaches(and mutilple phase play thay has brought him 3 Aussie schoolboys wins over NZ)starting to work.And before you mention the word"import"it was the same backline as last year except foro/c 13(wilkins)TGS forwards more than matched it.

I will bow down to you if Nudgee lose to BBC next week. :cool:

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)

Dat confidence. In my opinion, Nudgee didn't look too strong today - neither did the Light Dark Blue. I'm not saying that BBC will win, nor that they have strong odds, but I can't see anyone totally writing BBC off. As much as Digby's rant was over the top, BBC seem to have cleaned up their act a bit.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Dat confidence. In my opinion, Nudgee didn't look too strong today - neither did the Light Dark Blue. I'm not saying that BBC will win, nor that they have strong odds, but I can't see anyone totally writing BBC off. As much as Digby's rant was over the top, BBC seem to have cleaned up their act a bit.

I'm not totally convinced BBC have the depth.
Wait till one of the backline stars gets injured.
A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions.
For eg. QLD state of origin team.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm not totally convinced BBC have the depth.
Wait till one of the backline stars gets injured.
A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions.
For eg. QLD state of origin team.
BBC won 13's, 14's, 15's, 2nd's and 1st's.
The 1st's have a number of decent reserves in front row, locks, back row, inside and outside backs- more depth than last year: they will be competitive with a 'reasonable' injury toll- last year was not reasonable.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
If that is the case then ACGS are in a worse position
Churchie do have a premiership coach - Iain Jones has won several cups with IGS and TSS as well as several with Q schools but watching the halftime dynamic at the ACGS-BSHS game it didn't seem like he had a role at all. Maybe I've missed something but that's what it seemed to me. The BSHS program made for interesting reading. Round 4 is NC v TSS at TSS and will probably coincide with their old boys day where loads of spray tanned yobs yell abuse from the scoreboard hill. TSS have the bye in round 3 when ACGS play NC so what a good way for Coach Wallis to have every team member prepare a dossier on their NC opposite. This won't be an easy game for either NC or ACGS as by round 3 my feeling is Churchie will be fighting to keep their season alive, just like in 2012. NC got a monkey off their back with the BGS win and can now build momentum to the decider in round 4. Good to hear BBC starting to get it right on the park, if they can have their full side out there, this competition could get very interesting.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Churchie do have a premiership coach - Iain Jones has won several cups with IGS and TSS as well as several with Q schools but watching the halftime dynamic at the ACGS-BSHS game it didn't seem like he had a role at all. Maybe I've missed something but that's what it seemed to me. The BSHS program made for interesting reading. Round 4 is NC v TSS at TSS and will probably coincide with their old boys day where loads of spray tanned yobs yell abuse from the scoreboard hill.
HAHAH well said.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
My point is that TGS were not that bad and had a number of rep players.i do not expect BBC to beat ,NC,IGS or get anywhere near TSS. But it was a good win in the wet against TGS by a very young team(with 10 back next year).

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
The 1st's have a number of decent reserves in front row, locks, back row, inside and outside backs- more depth than last year: they will be competitive with a 'reasonable' injury toll- last year was not reasonable.
Sorry I do not agree. More than 2 injuries or if 10,12or 13 get injured you will have a repeat of 2012. ""Depth and injuries "are banned words at BBC

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)

I know its early in the season - but that is a pretty impressive turnaround across all age groups winning 13s, 14s, 15s and seconds, and many of the Bs and Cs - last year, in the final round, BBC didn't win a game against TGS.

Mitchell

Stan Wickham (3)
Bshs to be beaten by 20 hey? Hahaha good on the high school for getting the win! Wasn't at the game but by all reports it was a cracker of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.