• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Pre-Bled Meetup - potentially FREE BEER

I want to come drink some free McLaren Vale beer with G&GR pre Bled and will bring

• Just me

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 1 mate

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 2 mates

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 3 mates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more mates (let us know how many in the comments!)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
You may or may not have noticed that we landed a beer sponsor just yesterday! It's the awesome Aussie craft beer McLaren Vale.

We're trying to sort out a venue on the way-ish to the match where we can all sample some of this excellent sponsors product for free.

Currently the venue looks either like a cool little pub in Balmain or somewhere near Central (a chunk of this is out of my hands). I should have a better idea by the end of today.

What'd be usefull would be to have some expressions of interest to get a feel for numbers. Let us know if you'd be up for it

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
If its the central option then I'm interested, even with free beer Balmain is just a bit too far out of the way

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Keen as mustard. Going with friends/family (7 of us) so wrangling everyone may be a difficult exercise

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Worth breaking my dry August for this one, sadly I'm back on the other side of the world!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Good, hard core turn out considering the warning we had. Was there around a dozen of us?

Great times despite the result!

vale wanderer gagr.jpg

vale wanderer gagr 2.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well, bugger telling us about how much fun you had, do your duty as the sponsee and report on the quality of the product and where we can get if from.

Is there any Gaggerlander discount available for internet orders?

Any tasting notes?

EDIT:
I get it. Just click on the sponsors logo on the forum home page.

You can get it at most Dan Murphys and other grog superbarns.

Is it on tap anywhere?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Well, bugger telling us about how much fun you had, do your duty as the sponsee and report on the quality of the product and where we can get if from.

Is there any Gaggerlander discount available for internet orders?

Any tasting notes?

EDIT:
I get it. Just click on the sponsors logo on the forum home page.

You can get it at most Dan Murphys and other grog superbarns.

Is it on tap anywhere?

These are important questions.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No, I believe.
It is very nice - Pale Ale esp, as well as the cider very good.
Yes - quite a few places.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll try and make it a point in the weekly marketing expedition to see my mate Dan Murphy to get some Vale Beer. I like the sounds of the Pale Ale.

Tasting notes will be placed on the Beer Thread (Belgian Beer Thread IIRC) following consumption.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll try and make it a point in the weekly marketing expedition to see my mate Dan Murphy to get some Vale Beer. I like the sounds of the Pale Ale.

Tasting notes will be placed on the Beer Thread (Belgian Beer Thread IIRC) following consumption.
The Pale Ale is a "session" beer - can easily have a few. The IPA is good, but more for a tasting, I think. I don't think I tried the Lager, but others did. The Cider, if you like cider, was very fresh.

D

daz

I think it worth pointing out that of the 12 or so of us that turned up for the event, there were 10 different Wallaby jumpers on show.

And only one of them (Timmsy's Nick Farr-Jones era jersey, IIRC) actually won a Bledisloe.

Extraordinary. And depressing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think it worth pointing out that of the 12 or so of us that turned up for the event, there were 10 different Wallaby jumpers on show.

And only one of them (Timmsy's Nick Farr-Jones era jersey, IIRC) actually won a Bledisloe.

Extraordinary. And depressing.
My cap (2002) won / retained a Bledisloe. It's a percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.