• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Re, wingers... It could be as simple as 'most teams kick to the right corner so our best jumper plays 14'.

Oh, and btw Welcome back Quade. Good luck bro.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Re, wingers. It could be as simple as 'most teams kick to the right corner so our best jumper plays 14'.

Oh, and btw Welcome back Quade. Good luck bro.

I thought the HB played very well in some of the more recent Force games receiving the Up & Under. He was fearless in catching the ball, but also good in carrying it back, breaking tackles.
Having said that, JOC (James O'Connor) is also no slouch in that department either.
Got to say, I really like the look of this back three against a team like the Boks with their ad nausium kicking. Who knows, maybe the Bok might start running the ball more (about as much chance as Moore not giving away a penaltyo_O ).

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
According to Wallabies twitter feed:

Horwill strained his hamstring at training yesterday.

Douglas to start and Genia to Captain

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The obvious choice is Hugh Pyle. He was in the initial 40-man squad and the only lock who isn't injured.

EDIT: Apparently he had shoulder surgery. And now Timani will join the squad in Perth.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I doubt they will bring Pyle in. They will use Fardy as the reserve lock and bring another backrower onto the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Timani is being flown over to Perth to join the squad on Sunday.

McCalman has been brought onto the bench for Saturday night. There really aren't any other options at this stage.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bugger. Big Kev Out. Not good.

If this was the Stock Market, they would put a trading halt on the Qantas Wallabies stock while the market absorbed the impact of that news, and awaited the formal statement of the revised squad.

Against that big mongrel Saffer pack, losing a key component of the engine room will possibly have a major impact on our ability to stand up to them.

Who will lead the piggies in the absence of Big Kev? Squeaky Moore? He is in a bit of a form slump at the moment, and faces the prospect of being owned by a rejuvenated Battleship. This may be a major weakness that the Saffers will exploit.

Not as confident of the Good Guys winning now.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sucks about Horwill. But time for the boys to all step up. Mowen to lead the pigs.

Im pumped for this game as much as im sad for To'omua and Mogg. I cant wait for Quade and Izzy to rip in. Also for the pack to have a right crack at it.

God I love rugby

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Im guessing this means MMM is still broken? I know he didn't play the best in the 1st test but if hes fit would seem a sensible selection considering he can cover mulitple positions.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Haha appalling? That's a bit harsh isn't it Qwerty Zander? He certainly hasn't been at his best but appalling is a bit of an overstatement don't you think?

I rate his games from the 3rd Test a 2, 4 and 3. So maybe a little harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.