• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Shit. We need as much grunt in the forwards as possible. Time for Douglas to step up. We all know what happens to the backs when the forwards arent working...

EDIT: Would also have given Mowen the captaincy. Genia is a good vice but I just don't think he has the head for the (c) next to his name. But who knows, maybe it'll kick him up the arse and he'll have a blinder.

McCalman onto the bench so Fardy is our reserve lock.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Test match demoted to channel One due to election coverage on Ten = bad. But rugby in HD on free-to-air = good. Hope it's proper HD.

With the ABs vs Pumas on at 5:30 and then the Wallabies vs Springboks, I really only need to queue up one more sporting event for the night (probably a replay of Collingwood vs Port Adelaide) and I can avoid watching any election coverage.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Get Pyle into the team. It's a no brainier. Haven't heard he is injured.

Link has chosen Timani to join the squad over Pyle for the Argentina test.

In terms of this Saturday's test, I think selecting someone who was already in the squad was the only option. Two days out from the game, it would be difficult to bring someone in who hasn't trained with the squad for a month. At least McCalman has been with the team in Brisbane and will be familiar with the structures and lineout calls etc.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Disappointing. This was the perfect chance to move Fardy to lock, Mowen to 6 and McCalman to 8, which would've been my first picked side anyway (although Horwill starting over Simmons obviously)

Having Schatz and McCalman on the bench really isn't balanced at all.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Love to know how Ewen can fairly consider Schatz a better Test player than McCalman or Dennis.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Love to know how Ewen can fairly consider Schatz a better Test player than McCalman or Dennis.

He can't. Which is why he on the bench to see how he performs at this level. Dennis and McCalman, we know what they bring at test level and that isn't a great deal. Schatz is an unknown. Played just as good as Dennis n McCalman in Super Rugby, why not see how he performs off the bench. Then we can decide if he is better or not then McCalman or Dennis.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Big loss because I think James would have been set for a great game, particularly in light of reasonable criticism of his performances (at least the last 2/3). All of a sudden we are scratching for a competitive replacement lock

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
To quote Shatz's old man, Terry
"Every team needs a Jake"
Probably right because his workload is very good at the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.