• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I agree with Tigers Tale, I think we should look amongst the Premier Grade coaching rank, instead of going interstate/overseas. There's plenty of coaches up for it. Matt Kaye or Zane Hilton could be looked at. The current Brothers coach hasn't had the fire power to work with compared to other clubs and has done well in regards to how far he has gotten Brothers the past 3 years. I'm not sounding biased towards one club, there are plenty of other good coaches out there.

This sounds like a bit of a contradiction FilthRugby. Zane is coaching in Japan at the moment isn't he?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If Turner chooses the Tigers based on friendship & turns down the recruitment dollars which will be thrown about by ***, ** & ********* then I applaud him.

Actually I've decided to choose the Tigers in this weekend on the basis of how the 2 featured clubs operate. In 1 Corner we have a team that throws money round to recruit emerging talent developed by other clubs really well but hasn't had a active wallaby on the book for over 2 decades. On the other hand we have a club who throws money round to recruit to bring in wallabies to bolster their profile, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the 2nd option & I'd embrace it as well if my local was a gravy train. I just feel more comfortable supporting an honest program such as the Tigers.

I fixed that up for you SouthernX. The funny thing about perception is that after a while people think it's reality.

As for Turner playing Premier Rugby I can't see it happening. He's far to good a player. He should find a nice place to live up here and align himself with the club closest to his house or one where he has some mates.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks for your support Southern X - I hope its not the kiss of death.

(Even though I am not contributing anymore I have been heartened by your words and "Don't go Chirpin" that there is still some interest in what I can contribute.)

As for Easts Wallabies in last couple of decades - Dave Wilson, Paul Kahl, Jeremy Paul, Benny Mowen, and then there was Jacob & Moses Rualuni for Fiji - all of whom were Easts juniors(i.e all home grown).

The only brought in Wallaby was Andrew Walker who didn't join Easts on the grounds of financial incentives - I can assure you.

In fact I have heard that there are 15 Easts juniors/colts in their GF squad of 23.

I'd be interested to know how many GPS juniors/colts are in their side.

TT - Easts, Easts, Easts

T

Tigers Tale

From the likely match day 23 there will be 17 players who have been at GPS since Colts and 10 of the 17 have been playing at GPS since Juniors.

Thanks Big Dog - I think it is tremendous that there are so many juniors/colts in the two side - testimony to the strength of their respective junior programs.

Good luck to your Yoku Rd crew on Saturday & Sunday.

I think it will be a massive crowd on Sunday come 3:05pm. Let's hope for a great day but unfortunately only one of us will leave Ballymore with what we want - the Hospital Cup.

The Hoff is the referee with Matt O'Brien & P Haydock as his assitants.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks Tiger Tale - good luck to your boys also.

I think the stands should be full of GPS supports both Saturday & Sunday, the club is really pushing a supporters drive and even made 'posters' of sorts which have gone up all over businesses and houses in Ashgrove and surrounding suburbs encouraging people to get to Ballymore.

In a more general Finals note, i'm glad the QRU has really embraced the big Sunday atmosphere by offering corporate boxes, carpark parties, activities for children etc. Hopefully getting lots of supporters through the door for a great day out will give rugby a little boost.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks Big Dog - I think it is tremendous that there are so many juniors/colts in the two side - testimony to the strength of their respective junior programs.

Good luck to your Yoku Rd crew on Saturday & Sunday.

I think it will be a massive crowd on Sunday come 3:05pm. Let's hope for a great day but unfortunately only one of us will leave Ballymore with what we want - the Hospital Cup.

The Hoff is the referee with Matt O'Brien & P Haydock as his assitants.

Thank god there is only one more game left that this batch of referrees can adjudicate, lets hope 2014 brings some talent to the referree circles. Surely if the QRU sign Lachie Turner they can recruit some referees for Premier Rugby.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Kirwan Sanday named at tighthead in the Courier Mail. Interesting given that Parker destroyed the GPS front row in the Semi, and given that Kirwan has not played for about a month or so.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I heard an interesting event happened at Bottomley Park last night.

Were the Easts boys seeing a ghost or was that a GPS spy standing under the trees at training last night? If it was just a ghost why did it run off when approached?

One wonders what could be gained by the exercise? If it was an Anthony Herbert stunt - then you got us but I don't think it worried the boys I think they thought it quite humorous. I think both sides have a fair read on each others game by this time of the season.

Beware though GPS if you want to start the fun and games because remember what happened to the Wests Bulldog after the Tigers 1999 one point GF win? I am sure that Southern X remembers the day when the Bulldogs was taken for ransom before ultimately being returned to the Kennel unharmed.

If the Easts boys are getting spooked by ghosts at training or reverting to conspiracy theories, then they got no chance on Sunday. Perhaps they should bring forward their 'Mad Monday' to today:D

T

Tigers Tale

If the Easts boys are getting spooked by ghosts at training or reverting to conspiracy theories, then they got no chance on Sunday. Perhaps they should bring forward their 'Mad Monday' to today:D

Mate they've been in touch with Shane Watson and he's given them some clues on how to deal with ghostly spirits. They'll be right u just look after ur lads. All to play for enjoy.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Saw most of the game today, and thought it was a good game.
Two best players.
Easts -#6
GPS-Nick Frisby! He was the best player on the field in my opinion. Darting runs, great kicking and overall was the best attacking option for GPS.
Easts defence was excellent, which won them the game for me.
Finally a massive crowd at Ballymore is always great to see. Well done to the QRU for organising the 130 years festivities.
Easts supporters were their usual selves...tigerland12 and others at the game will know what I mean, but it's always good to have a bit passion. 2014 will hopefully be a better year for the Filth.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Saw most of the game today, and thought it was a good game.
Two best players.
Easts -#6
GPS-Nick Frisby! He was the best player on the field in my opinion. Darting runs, great kicking and overall was the best attacking option for GPS.
Easts defence was excellent, which won them the game for me.
Finally a massive crowd at Ballymore is always great to see. Well done to the QRU for organising the 130 years festivities.
Easts supporters were their usual selves.tigerland12 and others at the game will know what I mean, but it's always good to have a bit passion. 2014 will hopefully be a better year for the Filth.

A crowd in excess of 8,600. Which after a Wallaby hangover from the night before, was excellent.
Congrats to Easts, they played harder to earn the victory.
But no side really deserved to lose. I think the audience were the winners.
I love the atmosphere of Ballymore - so much better than Suncorp Stadium.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Mention to our 6 Luke Bertini who played his 100th game today. Legend at the club, was there in 2008 and was our captain for a few seasons. It is great to see him back and playing well after a full year off with an injury last year.

And FilthRugby, Easts supporters are very mature and well-behaved haha. I must have been the only sober person on that hill. Personally I don't like that whole culture of getting too intoxicated and then acting like a degenerate. However I thought behaviour wise it wasn't bad, the atmosphere was great. 8,500 at Ballymore, doesn't get any better than that.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
What an awesome game. Nail biting in the end.
Thought young Gunn deserved his MOM.
Congrats to Bertini on a 100 games.
Good to see Stolberg was allowed out of hospital to play.
Great to see so many juniors there supporting their club.
Ballymore = atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.